PHJF wrote on Mar 15, 2021, 08:10:
Never understood the praise Dying Light got in the first place. The game is at best Dead Island 1.5, with great chunks of the game being copy-paste jobs.
- Has a great power curve. You go from being weak and helpless to zipping around the city but you always have to be careful
- Sidequests mostly have flavor and there's some well written ones
- Collectibles are optional but fun to seek out
- Well implemented and enjoyable traversal
- Day/Night dynamics are drastic and not just fluff, really changes the way you interact with the game
- Fantastic DLC and post-launch support
It's one of the better open world games I've played despite several flaws - story, enemy variety and a few other things. You should really give it another chance sometime.
Playing: Wildermyth, Mass Effect Legendary, Returnal
Watching: Deadwood, Dune, Evil