HITMAN 3 Location Imports Now Available

IO Interactive now offers a PC Location Importing Guide for HITMAN 3 players, as it is now possible to import locations from their copies of HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2 at no additional cost (thanks IGN). The process seems pretty straightforward, but they urge care in following the instructions, as it cannot be undone or reversed. Here's an outline:
PC players who own HITMAN 1 or HITMAN 2 are now able to import locations from those games into HITMAN 3 at no additional cost. After signing in to their IOI Account, PC players will need to follow a simple 3-step process to import their locations into HITMAN 3.

The three-step process for importing locations into HITMAN 3 on PC:

1. Read the instructions
  2. Review your accounts
  3. Claim content / import locations

A few important things before getting started

• Double check all your choices before claiming content. They cannot be undone or reversed.
  • The content you claim will be an ‘Access Pass DLC’. For example, if you own HITMAN 2, you can claim the HITMAN 2 Access Pass. It’s that simple.
  • Once you have claimed an Access Pass, restart HITMAN 3 to access the relevant content. (There are no codes you need to redeem.)
  • We recommend using a PC browser, the location importing site is not fully optimised for mobile browsers.

View : : :
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Older [  1  ] Newer

Re: HITMAN 3 Location Imports Now Available
Feb 21, 2021, 14:54
Re: HITMAN 3 Location Imports Now Available Feb 21, 2021, 14:54
Feb 21, 2021, 14:54

Too little too late. At this point I've already decided to wait until the Steam release. It's where I own the previous two games already, and it's where all my friends are. As long as Epic refuses to add basic features to their storefront every game released there is a sub-standard product as far as I am concerned. I won't pay money to play an inferior product, so I'll just wait.

Feb 21, 2021, 15:02
Re: HITMAN 3 Location Imports Now Available Feb 21, 2021, 15:02
Feb 21, 2021, 15:02

I have Hitman in my steam library. I'm assuming the game needs to be installed for Hitman 3's importing to work and I can't just point to the listing in my library?

Feb 21, 2021, 15:37
Re: HITMAN 3 Location Imports Now Available Feb 21, 2021, 15:37
Feb 21, 2021, 15:37

You link your Steam and Epic accounts to an IO Interactive account and follow the process.
https://account.ioi.dk/claim/h3/pc/accesspass

You install Hitman 3 on Epic. It doesn't need to re-download the extra levels in Epic as they're part of the package, it just unlocks access to them when the IOI account see's that you already have them on Steam. It worked fine for me, no problems, only took a few minutes.

This comment was edited on Feb 21, 2021, 16:04.

Feb 21, 2021, 18:13
Re: HITMAN 3 Location Imports Now Available Feb 21, 2021, 18:13
Feb 21, 2021, 18:13

Excellent news! Was waiting for this, looking forward to having the trilogy together finally

Feb 21, 2021, 19:52
Re: HITMAN 3 Location Imports Now Available Feb 21, 2021, 19:52
Feb 21, 2021, 19:52

Blockenstein wrote on Feb 21, 2021, 14:54:
Too little too late. At this point I've already decided to wait until the Steam release. It's where I own the previous two games already, and it's where all my friends are. As long as Epic refuses to add basic features to their storefront every game released there is a sub-standard product as far as I am concerned. I won't pay money to play an inferior product, so I'll just wait.

People put their heart and soul into the art of games but you consider all of them "sub-standard" as long as they aren't on your favorite digital bookshelf. So fucking ridiculous.

As for the news: great! Finally got them all bundled into one game. This is my third and last chance I'm giving this Hitman series. Maybe now that I can binge-play this seasonal/episodic game I am biased more in favor.

Feb 21, 2021, 19:53
Kxmode

Re: HITMAN 3 Location Imports Now Available Feb 21, 2021, 19:53
Feb 21, 2021, 19:53
 Kxmode

Welcome to Blue's News.
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf

Feb 21, 2021, 19:59
Re: HITMAN 3 Location Imports Now Available Feb 21, 2021, 19:59
Feb 21, 2021, 19:59

I don't care what store it's on but I'm not getting it until I see the vr support come to the pc version. I really hope they don't pull a Resident Evil and still not bring it over after the Sony exclusivity deal ends. That's probably what'll happen though. Disappointed

Feb 21, 2021, 20:14
Re: HITMAN 3 Location Imports Now Available Feb 21, 2021, 20:14
Feb 21, 2021, 20:14

Quinn wrote on Feb 21, 2021, 19:52:

People put their heart and soul into the art of games but you consider all of them "sub-standard" as long as they aren't on your favorite digital bookshelf. So fucking ridiculous.

Way to miss the point on your way to flying off the handle again... It's like not wanting to buy the DVD when you know the Blu-ray is coming soon; it says nothing about the movie itself, just your choice of format. They still want the game.

Feb 21, 2021, 22:37
Re: HITMAN 3 Location Imports Now Available Feb 21, 2021, 22:37
Feb 21, 2021, 22:37

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 21, 2021, 20:14:
Quinn wrote on Feb 21, 2021, 19:52:

Way to miss the point on your way to flying off the handle again... It's like not wanting to buy the DVD when you know the Blu-ray is coming soon; it says nothing about the movie itself, just your choice of format. They still want the game.

The reason for the Epic exclusive is greed pure and simple. Many developers have stated that their sales on Steam outweigh their sales on EGS significantly. Hell wasn't there a dev that said they sold more in the first weekend on Steam then their combined? There are also other games that have lied through their teeth saying the extra money from EGS went into making their game better (Mechwarrior 5 I'm looking at you), and it clearly didn't. Snowrunner would truly be awesome on Steam where you could use the voice chat to talk to other people in your game.

Beyond the free games, and the coupons they offer Epic Game Store is not worth it. And since it's launch in Dec 2018, it lacks basic features that even EA and Ubisoft have.

Feb 22, 2021, 02:09
Re: HITMAN 3 Location Imports Now Available Feb 22, 2021, 02:09
Feb 22, 2021, 02:09

No, its really like you not wanting to buy the Blu-ray because its at Target instead of Walmart.

The content is 100% identical. You just refuse to buy it because you don't want to go across the street to Target.

Its not even like a console exclusive which requires a several hundred dollar hardware wall to access content

All you literally have to do is

1) install Epic
2) install game
3) play game

Like that's it. Its literally zero difference to steam. You can even create a desktop shortcut if you're that invested in not seeing the epic client at all.

Feb 22, 2021, 02:13
Re: HITMAN 3 Location Imports Now Available Feb 22, 2021, 02:13
Feb 22, 2021, 02:13

Bill Borre wrote on Feb 21, 2021, 15:02:
I have Hitman in my steam library. I'm assuming the game needs to be installed for Hitman 3's importing to work and I can't just point to the listing in my library?

You dont have to install the game on steam to do anything

As long as you have your ioi account and steam account linked its basically just going to that website and clicking a button. if its in your steam library the migration website will detect it.

Feb 22, 2021, 02:50
Re: HITMAN 3 Location Imports Now Available Feb 22, 2021, 02:50
Feb 22, 2021, 02:50

Satoru wrote on Feb 22, 2021, 02:09:

No, its really like you not wanting to buy the Blu-ray because its at Target instead of Walmart.

The content is 100% identical. You just refuse to buy it because you don't want to go across the street to Target.

Its not even like a console exclusive which requires a several hundred dollar hardware wall to access content

1) install Epic
2) install game
3) play game

Like that's it. Its literally zero difference to steam. You can even create a desktop shortcut if you're that invested in not seeing the epic client at all.

It's not zero difference if you value the added services one store offers along with the products they sell which the other store does not. Nevermind that I specifically avoided this comparison because my point had nothing to do with Steam vs. Epic, but hey, let's keep beating this pile of dust that used to be a dead horse! That is exactly how millions of people choose where to buy billions of identical products from every single day, and what was stated to be the reason why a particular person said they were waiting to buy Hitman 3. Whether or not YOU value those differences is irrelevant to their decision, and any other decision aside from your own. The fact that so many people seem to think that one opinion or the other on this matter is objectively "correct" is the reason why these same comments are posted and re-posted every time the subject comes up. It's boring.

Feb 22, 2021, 03:21
Re: HITMAN 3 Location Imports Now Available Feb 22, 2021, 03:21
Feb 22, 2021, 03:21

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 22, 2021, 02:50:
Satoru wrote on Feb 22, 2021, 02:09:

1) install Epic
2) install game
3) play game

It's not zero difference if you value the added services one store offers along with the products they sell which the other store does not. Nevermind that I specifically avoided this comparison because my point had nothing to do with Steam vs. Epic, but hey, let's keep beating this pile of dust that used to be a dead horse! That is exactly how millions of people choose where to buy billions of identical products from every single day, and what was stated to be the reason why a particular person said they were waiting to buy Hitman 3. Whether or not YOU value those differences is irrelevant to their decision, and any other decision aside from your own. The fact that so many people seem to think that one opinion or the other on this matter is objectively "correct" is the reason why these same comments are posted and re-posted every time the subject comes up. It's boring.

It was a bad analogy plain and simple.the fact that there's a huge quality difference between Blu-ray and DVD and there's exactly no quality difference between the game on EGS or the game on Steam is exactly why I thought his "sub-standard" comment was so ridiculous. What? So your friends aren't on EGS, nor achievements and voice-chat (I had no idea anyone uses that tbh) and every game is suddenly sub-standard? Just gimme a break. That people have become so fucking anal about where they want to buy their games is ri-di-cu-lous period. And not just that. It's the boycotting of EGS that goes alongside it that really makes it so.

Give EGS a break. Their platform will improve. Steam was the same horrendous mess for a decade. Sure they were the first bla bla bla we get it, Steam4Life. I for one am very happy to see this attempt to end a monopoly. I have zero issues with EGS. 1.) Multi-player is cross-storefront, 2.) Achievements I miss but a little and will come to EGS eventually, 3.) Steam voice-chat? Wtf. I just use Discord all the time anyway.

Feb 22, 2021, 10:43
Re: HITMAN 3 Location Imports Now Available Feb 22, 2021, 10:43
Feb 22, 2021, 10:43

Quinn wrote on Feb 22, 2021, 03:21:
It was a bad analogy plain and simple.the fact that there's a huge quality difference between Blu-ray and DVD and there's exactly no quality difference between the game on EGS or the game on Steam is exactly why I thought his "sub-standard" comment was so ridiculous. What? So your friends aren't on EGS, nor achievements and voice-chat (I had no idea anyone uses that tbh) and every game is suddenly sub-standard? Just gimme a break. That people have become so fucking anal about where they want to buy their games is ri-di-cu-lous period. And not just that. It's the boycotting of EGS that goes alongside it that really makes it so.

Give EGS a break. Their platform will improve. Steam was the same horrendous mess for a decade. Sure they were the first bla bla bla we get it, Steam4Life. I for one am very happy to see this attempt to end a monopoly. I have zero issues with EGS. 1.) Multi-player is cross-storefront, 2.) Achievements I miss but a little and will come to EGS eventually, 3.) Steam voice-chat? Wtf. I just use Discord all the time anyway.
The features you dismissed with your "gimme a break" comment are exactly why games on EGS are sub-standard. Epic laid out a roadmap almost two years ago laying out all the features they would bring to EGS 'soon', which included most of the standard things everyone expects from a modern digital storefront. They missed every milestone and never delivered on any of it. If your game and/or platform is lacking features that are standard everywhere else, then by definition your product is sub-standard. That is literally what it means.

I suppose a better analogy for the movie angle would be if both stores offered the Blu-Ray, but one is the 2 disc deluxe edition, with deleted scenes, a commentary track, a code for a digital copy of the movie, and a bunch of other stuff in addition to the actual movie. Oh, both versions cost the same, too. You would be technically correct to say that they're the same movie with no difference in quality. But they're not even close to being the same product. You might not care about those extras, but a lot of people do and flippantly dismissing their concerns doesn't magically make everything better.

And, sure, Steam was a bit bare bones when it launched. But that was 2004, and Valve was wading into largely virgin waters. Epic launched in December, 2018. Times, and peoples' expectations, have changed in the almost 15 years in between. Epic needs to step it up and get with the times, and their fans need to stop defending their laziness and apathy.

Feb 22, 2021, 12:48
Re: HITMAN 3 Location Imports Now Available Feb 22, 2021, 12:48
Feb 22, 2021, 12:48

Blockenstein wrote on Feb 22, 2021, 10:43:
The features you dismissed with your "gimme a break" comment are exactly why games on EGS are sub-standard. Epic laid out a roadmap almost two years ago laying out all the features they would bring to EGS 'soon', which included most of the standard things everyone expects from a modern digital storefront. They missed every milestone and never delivered on any of it. If your game and/or platform is lacking features that are standard everywhere else, then by definition your product is sub-standard. That is literally what it means.
I haven't looked at their roadmap, but I think Epic has implemented cloud saves, DLC, wishlists, refunds and a download manager in the last few years. So they must have achieved some of their goals.

Aside from chat, achievements and multiplayer, I can think of the following benefits that Steam offers:
- Proton to support Linux gaming
- Physical gift cards for people who want to buy digital games with cash
- Remote Play to stream to a TV or other device in the home
- Steam Link to stream to tablets, phones and other devices
- Remote Play Together to play co-op games with friends on a single account
- Steam Workshop for games that don't have all their mods hosted on NexusMods or the like
- Global controller remapping
- Family share to let more than one person play games from the same account

Feb 22, 2021, 13:11
Dev
Re: HITMAN 3 Location Imports Now Available Feb 22, 2021, 13:11
Feb 22, 2021, 13:11
Dev

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 21, 2021, 22:37:
The reason for the Epic exclusive is greed pure and simple. Many developers have stated that their sales on Steam outweigh their sales on EGS significantly. Hell wasn't there a dev that said they sold more in the first weekend on Steam then their combined? There are also other games that have lied through their teeth saying the extra money from EGS went into making their game better (Mechwarrior 5 I'm looking at you), and it clearly didn't.
I mean basically a dev has a choice to get a game fully funded to a minimal profit level in advance of release (so even if it's crappy it won't bankrupt the entire studio), or go the normal route. And they know they will pickup much of those extra sales after a year when they still release on steam anyway.
So for studios on the edge (which is most of them), it's hard to blame them too much for taking that giant up front payment from epic. Unless they get lazy about it and throw out some hot garbage and call it a day.
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Older [  1  ] Newer