WoW May Allow Horde and Alliance to Raid Together

At a BlizzConline panel, Blizzard responded to a question about faction population balance in World of Warcraft, saying it may be possible that one day Alliance and Horde players will be allowed to raid together. PC Gamer has word on this possible bipartisanship:
During a World of Warcraft Q&A panel as part of BlizzCon 2021, game director Ion Hazzikostas said that, while preserving the rivalry between the two sides is a crucial ingredient in WoW's appeal, concessions could one day be made to let players from different factions do cooperative group activities together like raids or Mythic+ dungeons.

This statement came after Hazzikostas fielded some tough questions from players about the imbalanced player population between factions, as well as frustrations many players have to deal with when their server just isn't as well-populated as others.

"This is something we talk about a tremendous amount," Hazzikostas said. "We know there's a very real problem, particularly at the high end of the raiding and Mythic+ scene."
View : : :
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Older [  1  ] Newer

Re: WoW May Allow Horde and Alliance to Raid Together
Feb 21, 2021, 14:02
Re: WoW May Allow Horde and Alliance to Raid Together Feb 21, 2021, 14:02
Feb 21, 2021, 14:02

It is very stupid how they keep throwing fuel to the fire on this Horde versus Alliance thing. THEN they have, at least once per expansion, where both sides team up and say "Hey, they aren't all bad..." ... and then a king or a warchief commits another unnecessary war crime.

C'mooooon!

Feb 21, 2021, 14:04
Re: WoW May Allow Horde and Alliance to Raid Together Feb 21, 2021, 14:04
Feb 21, 2021, 14:04

Rhett wrote on Feb 21, 2021, 14:02:
It is very stupid how they keep throwing fuel to the fire on this Horde versus Alliance thing. THEN they have, at least once per expansion, where both sides team up and say "Hey, they aren't all bad..." ... and then a king or a warchief commits another unnecessary war crime.

C'mooooon!

Kinda like real-life....

Feb 21, 2021, 15:23
Re: WoW May Allow Horde and Alliance to Raid Together Feb 21, 2021, 15:23
Feb 21, 2021, 15:23

Imo, this has always been 'the major problem' with the game. Possibly now because they are losing subs?
‘What is this bullshit that you people are doing?’
The worst criminal in human history, undeniably.
Beating and Gassing Americans for Jesus!
Ain't no tweetin, in jail jammies!

Feb 21, 2021, 15:50
Re: WoW May Allow Horde and Alliance to Raid Together Feb 21, 2021, 15:50
Feb 21, 2021, 15:50

The faction war needed to end with MoP and unless they totally jump the shark and give Sylvanas a redemption arc back in to Azeroth most of the remaining problems between the two factions are put to rest unless they hand-wave in another bullshit reason to create a divide between the two.

Feb 21, 2021, 18:10
Re: WoW May Allow Horde and Alliance to Raid Together Feb 21, 2021, 18:10
Feb 21, 2021, 18:10

I use to love this game and its story telling, and at first I was okay with the space goats....but when all the time travelling existed and before you know it we were all invited up on to the space goat space ship....was the moment I thought the writing was horrid.

One day we're all kumbaya and fighting a global cause, even sharing cities and faction halls...then the next moment for some reason we follow a linear story where our leader is retarded and we suddenly hate for no reason the heroes who did nothing wrong...booooo to the Alliance!

I read somewhere about good game play design and story telling and can see the cracks in WoW, the story telling went bad when they changed the player from the wandering adventurer exploring a vast and expansive world, whilst there was an underlying unbalance among the factions ...to...BOOM, lord commander general of the Horde, manage the outpost in Outland, you're the warchief's right-hand man (along with the other 4million players)

Feb 21, 2021, 23:42
Kxmode

Re: WoW May Allow Horde and Alliance to Raid Together Feb 21, 2021, 23:42
Feb 21, 2021, 23:42
 Kxmode

Make Love, Not Warcraft ❤
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf

Feb 21, 2021, 23:56
Re: WoW May Allow Horde and Alliance to Raid Together Feb 21, 2021, 23:56
Feb 21, 2021, 23:56

Wow is the new carebear game

Feb 22, 2021, 09:04
JTW
Re: WoW May Allow Horde and Alliance to Raid Together Feb 22, 2021, 09:04
Feb 22, 2021, 09:04
JTW

StoNe wrote on Feb 21, 2021, 18:10:
the story telling went bad when they changed the player from the wandering adventurer exploring a vast and expansive world, whilst there was an underlying unbalance among the factions ...to...BOOM, lord commander general of the Horde, manage the outpost in Outland, you're the warchief's right-hand man (along with the other 4million players)

I actually agree with that. You have a big badge that says you're the chosen one. You wear it outside only to discover that every single person in the world is also the chosen one. It completely derails the fiction. It was better before you were important. It was at it's worst in Legion. You command the hall that defines your class. And when you're there you see a hundred other people who also control the hall. You hold the most powerful weapon in the world, strapped to your back. You step outside and absolutely everyone else has that same weapon strapped to their back.

It's like Sagan's pale blue dot. Instead of the player feeling like a hero, the player feels tiny and irrelevant.

Feb 22, 2021, 13:40
Re: WoW May Allow Horde and Alliance to Raid Together Feb 22, 2021, 13:40
Feb 22, 2021, 13:40

I left before the first paid expansion and never looked back. Now I don't mind looking back and don't feel like I've missed anything.

Feb 22, 2021, 14:05
Re: WoW May Allow Horde and Alliance to Raid Together Feb 22, 2021, 14:05
Feb 22, 2021, 14:05

As somebody that actually follows WoW new's and estimated player counts. This idea is being put fourth to increase player participation in Raids and Mythic's. As it says in the article. Its not some Story reason, its not some player subs reason ether. They want to drive up the Mythic dungeon counts. Recurrent user engagement! Gotta keep those numbers up. Just being subbed to the game is only the beginning for their Algorithm measuring charts.

Feb 22, 2021, 14:12
Re: WoW May Allow Horde and Alliance to Raid Together Feb 22, 2021, 14:12
Feb 22, 2021, 14:12

Citizen P wrote on Feb 22, 2021, 13:40:
I left before the first paid expansion and never looked back. Now I don't mind looking back and don't feel like I've missed anything.
The first two expansions were actually excellent. After that it is certainly open to debate. I played for first seven years, left before the Pandas, went back for Legion (should have gone back foe WoD, but oh well) and enjoyed the hell out of all of it. I'd really like to find another game I could enjoy that much for that long again...
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Feb 22, 2021, 17:26
Re: WoW May Allow Horde and Alliance to Raid Together Feb 22, 2021, 17:26
Feb 22, 2021, 17:26

That's fine. Who really cares?
Rift did it and it worked out fine.

Ignore those heralding "Dogs and Cats, living together... Mass hysteria!"
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Older [  1  ] Newer