theyarecomingforyou wrote on Feb 18, 2021, 11:17:
Get ready for yearly instalments of games like F1... oh wait, they already do that. Match made in heaven.
This upcoming season should
be a pass for the video game. The technical regulations remain largely the same because the teams voted unanimously (during COVID outbreak) to push the major overhaul to 2021. Here's a quick review from James Allison
- New tire compounds from Pirelli
- Various aero changes to make the cars slower
- 1 Power Unit upgrade during the season, instead of 3
- Cost-cap financial regulations
- Wind tunnel & CFD access is now varied, with last place getting 20% more time than 1st, and the rest scaled between
- Circuit Zandvoort back into the calendar
It will be challenging for Codies/EA to make F1 2021 an enticing purchase, mainly because the motorsport itself could face a dull year with the Mercedes dominance unchallenged, yet again. The other team/driver changes and subsequent drama and media talking points, may be the most entertaining part of the season
I picked up F1 2020 @ 60% off as I anticipate skipping 2021. It has several quality of life updates, like adjustable camera positions of all driving perspectives and removing the most distracting visuals. Unfortunately, in my limited testing so far, the force feedback and handling seem copy&paste from years ago. Can't feel the chassis pitch, the traction near slip angle is on/off, limits of brakes/throttle seem mysteriously muted.
F1 2021 would have to offer major new additions in gaming content and features for me to consider it.