Out of the Blue

Happy Valentine's Day! This is certainly going to be an unusual version of the occasion, as social distancing is not very well-suited to romance. This will be much easier on those of us who cohabitate with our significant others, though most will probably forego a night on the town this year. MrsBlue and I certainly will, but we are thankful for each other's company in these isolated times. Here's hoping you are holding up, and that next Valentine's Day will allow for proper socialization.

Obituary: Carlos Menem, flamboyant Argentine president who tried to tame inflation, dies at 90.

Romantic Round-up
Thanks Ant and Neutronbeam.

Story

Science

Media

The Funnies

View : : :
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Out of the Blue
Feb 15, 2021, 13:35
Re: Out of the Blue Feb 15, 2021, 13:35
Feb 15, 2021, 13:35

Cutter wrote on Feb 15, 2021, 11:49:
Just saw a doc - filmed last year - where they're working on a panacea flu vaccine. They reckon it should be on the market within the next decade if all goes well. So no more guessing which flu strain to vaccinate or a flu shot every year just one shot every 5 or 10 years.
I read about this previously. I hope they manage it. But frankly, I'll believe it when I see it.
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Feb 15, 2021, 12:30
Re: Out of the Blue Feb 15, 2021, 12:30
Feb 15, 2021, 12:30

His comment was reported for medical misinformation.
Not sure why it hasn't been removed.
- At this point, Windows is the OS equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome. -
Burrito of Peace

Feb 15, 2021, 12:21
Re: Out of the Blue Feb 15, 2021, 12:21
Feb 15, 2021, 12:21

WaltC wrote on Feb 14, 2021, 16:43:
In what passes for medicine coming out of Washington these days, people are being told that after receiving their second C-19 vaccination that it will still be necessary to wear face masks because--get this--even though you are now immune to the strain and cannot develop C-19, and cannot carry it since you are immune, it will still be possible for you to pass "it" on to other people...;) I kid you not!
It's sad that so many people confuse cynicism with wisdom.

Feb 15, 2021, 11:49
Re: Out of the Blue Feb 15, 2021, 11:49
Feb 15, 2021, 11:49

Just saw a doc - filmed last year - where they're working on a panacea flu vaccine. They reckon it should be on the market within the next decade if all goes well. So no more guessing which flu strain to vaccinate or a flu shot every year just one shot every 5 or 10 years.

And Walt, why did you even get the vaccine if it's all jive? It makes me furious to think that people like you get it when so many people who really need it and understand and believe in the science and are appreciative of it don't. Ever heard the word carrier before? Those are people who carry a disease without suffering the ill effects of it. Vaccines aren't magic. They're not cures. And small pox and polio are actually back and growing because of conservative clowns like you who are anti-vax but then greedy enough to jump the line and get it just to be on the safe side. The world is such a shitty place because of people - and I use that word loosely - like you.

Feb 15, 2021, 09:15
Re: Out of the Blue Feb 15, 2021, 09:15
Feb 15, 2021, 09:15

In what passes for medicine coming out of Washington these days, people are being told that after receiving their second C-19 vaccination that it will still be necessary to wear face masks because--get this--even though you are now immune to the strain and cannot develop C-19, and cannot carry it since you are immune, it will still be possible for you to pass "it" on to other people...;) I kid you not! My wife and I have received the first and then the second "booster" vaccine dose, and our masks have come off. Hallelujah.

When I was in grammar school we were inoculated against the smallpox virus in a national vaccine program--we never wore masks, and yet the contagious viral disease, smallpox, is virtually wiped out today in the US. Ditto the polio virus--a serious contagious viral disease all but wiped out in the US because of first the Salk vaccine followed by the Sabin vaccine. No facemasks were worn by anyone in the US. Why? For the same reason Fauci and friends originally advised no one to wear masks because the viral particles could not be stopped by them. I'm just waiting for Washington to start telling people to watch out breaking a mirror and walking under a ladder without wearing a facemask! This is supposed to be the 21st century--not the 12th.

https://www.cdc.gov/smallpox/index.html
https://www.cdc.gov/polio/what-is-polio/index.htm

Im afraid thats not how nearly all vaccines work. You will still need to mask up and distance for quite some time yet. Here is a medical abstract if you want some reliable peer reviewed explanations:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7058279/

You can get sterilising vaccines, those do indeed work "immediately" and kill off all the intended infection. These are the nirvana of vaccines and surprisingly low in number.

Meningococcal is a great example of a leaky vaccine.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5989891/

Or even good old HepB

https://www.gastrojournal.org/article/S0016-5085(13)01134-7/pdf

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Feb 14, 2021, 20:01
Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2021, 20:01
Feb 14, 2021, 20:01

Moral of the story, Don't Get Your Covid-19 Information From The Faux Noise Viewers and Trumpie Zombies.

Where Did The Flu Go? Homebound Kids Shape A Mild Season

- At this point, Windows is the OS equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome. -
Burrito of Peace

Feb 14, 2021, 18:37
Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2021, 18:37
Feb 14, 2021, 18:37

Pickup Truck Flies Off Overpass.

Yeah, there's going to be a lawsuit against the city for leaving that snow ramp on the the overpass.
If Russia stops fighting, the war ends. If Ukraine stops fighting, Ukraine ends. Slava Ukraini!

Feb 14, 2021, 18:35
Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2021, 18:35
Feb 14, 2021, 18:35

Don’t Tell Einstein, but Black Holes Might Have ‘Hair’

Given how hairy he was, I don't think Einstein would have minded.
If Russia stops fighting, the war ends. If Ukraine stops fighting, Ukraine ends. Slava Ukraini!

Feb 14, 2021, 18:34
Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2021, 18:34
Feb 14, 2021, 18:34

A Love Lock That Can NEVER Be Opened?!? LOL.

I love the solution that LPL used for his own love lock for him and his wife.

Feb 14, 2021, 18:28
Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2021, 18:28
Feb 14, 2021, 18:28

In what passes for medicine coming out of Washington these days, people are being told that after receiving their second C-19 vaccination that it will still be necessary to wear face masks because--get this--even though you are now immune to the strain and cannot develop C-19, and cannot carry it since you are immune, it will still be possible for you to pass "it" on to other people...;) I kid you not! My wife and I have received the first and then the second "booster" vaccine dose, and our masks have come off. Hallelujah.

When I was in grammar school we were inoculated against the smallpox virus in a national vaccine program--we never wore masks, and yet the contagious viral disease, smallpox, is virtually wiped out today in the US. Ditto the polio virus--a serious contagious viral disease all but wiped out in the US because of first the Salk vaccine followed by the Sabin vaccine. No facemasks were worn by anyone in the US. Why? For the same reason Fauci and friends originally advised no one to wear masks because the viral particles could not be stopped by them. I'm just waiting for Washington to start telling people to watch out breaking a mirror and walking under a ladder without wearing a facemask! This is supposed to be the 21st century--not the 12th.

Pls read my sig, which has been up for weeks.

Also, Polio and Smallpox <> COVID-19.

Feb 14, 2021, 16:43
Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2021, 16:43
Feb 14, 2021, 16:43

It is well known that I cannot err--and so, if you should happen across an error in anything I have written you can be absolutely sure that *I* did not write it!...;)

Feb 14, 2021, 15:46
Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2021, 15:46
Feb 14, 2021, 15:46

I would think that after the lockdowns and such over the past year that most couples would prefer some space instead of being all couply.

For the rest of us it's all about those Third Rate Romance...Low Rent Rendezvous...
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older