Mass Effect Legendary Edition in May

EA and BioWare announce Mass Effect Legendary Edition will come what may, as the remastered versions of the Mass Effect trilogy will be released for PC and console on May 14th. The Windows editions will be offered through both Steam and Origin. Here's a new 4K Official Reveal Trailer with a look, and here's the announcement:
One person is all that stands between humanity and the greatest threat it’s ever faced. BioWare, a studio of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) today revealed that the Mass Effect™ Legendary Edition will launch May 14 worldwide on PC via Origin and Steam, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One with forward compatibility on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. The Mass Effect Legendary Edition features the single-player base content and 40+ downloadable content (DLC) story, weapons and armor packs from Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3 and will allow players to relive the legend of Commander Shepard in 4K Ultra HD with HDR.

“It’s been an incredible journey revisiting the stories, characters and iconic moments of the Mass Effect trilogy, enhancing the experience for modern platforms while staying true to the spirit of the original,” said Mac Walters, Project Director on the Mass Effect Legendary Edition and lead writer of the original trilogy at BioWare. “Remastering a game, let alone three, is a huge undertaking as there’s over 100 hours of gameplay included, but we wanted to do this for our fans as well as a new generation of gamers looking to jump into the iconic story of Shepard.”

The Mass Effect Legendary Edition will deliver an enhanced visual experience featuring remastered character models and tens of thousands of up-ressed textures. Improvements to shaders and VFX, updated lighting and improved dynamic shadows, volumetrics and depth-of-field add a new level of immersion across the trilogy. Pre-rendered cinematics have also been enhanced to make every story moment feel even more impactful.

The original Mass Effect game features comprehensive world-building enhancements with added detail and depth to locations like Eden Prime, Ilos and Feros that players will explore in their journey across the galaxy. Mass Effect also includes updated interfaces and UI as well as a variety of quality-of-life improvements. In addition, combat and exploration are modernized through improved aiming, squad controls and behavior, Mako handling and cameras.

The Mass Effect Legendary Edition features unified character creation options that persists across all three titles and is complete with an improved and expanded selection of hair, makeup and skin tone options. The iconic Female Shepard default appearance from Mass Effect 3 is now available as the default female Shepard appearance in character creation in all three games, further adding to the unified experience across the trilogy.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition is rated M (Mature) by the ESRB and is available now for pre-order on PC via Origin and Steam, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One with forward compatibility on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.
View : : :
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition in May
Feb 4, 2021, 09:24
Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition in May Feb 4, 2021, 09:24
Feb 4, 2021, 09:24

Beamer wrote on Feb 4, 2021, 06:26:
Aren't these each 100 hour games?

How many adults have the time to play 300 or so hours of a linear game they've already played?

Probably the same people that put a 1000 hours into a game, and then leave a negative review because "there's nothing left to do.".

Feb 4, 2021, 08:41
Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition in May Feb 4, 2021, 08:41
Feb 4, 2021, 08:41

Beamer wrote on Feb 4, 2021, 06:26:

How many adults have the time to play 300 or so hours of a linear game they've already played?
ME 20-45 hours
https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=5698
ME 2 25-50 hours
https://howlongtobeat.com/game?id=5699
ME 3 25-50 hours
https://howlongtobeat.com/game?id=5707

WItcher 3 52-172 hours
https://howlongtobeat.com/game?id=10270
- I refer to it as BC, Before Corona, and AD, After Disaster. -

Feb 4, 2021, 06:26
Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition in May Feb 4, 2021, 06:26
Feb 4, 2021, 06:26

Feb 4, 2021, 02:03
Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition in May Feb 4, 2021, 02:03
Feb 4, 2021, 02:03

Kxmode wrote on Feb 4, 2021, 01:34:
Razumen wrote on Feb 3, 2021, 22:32:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 3, 2021, 17:43:
You underestimate the newbie numbers. There are WAY more who have played and own copies of the games than those who have not.

The series sold 14 million copies, last I checked that isn't anywhere near the majority of people on earth, much less the number of people in the game's target audience. ME3 also came out 8 years ago, that's more than enough time for millions more of potential new customers to try the games out for the first time.

The series being age-restricted (M for Mature; 17+) means nobody of consequence (your alluded target audience) would be able to play because the oldest title in the series is 14 years old. That means the only people who have never played is, first and foremost, an adult who is not a gamer, recently became one, or doesn't care about the Mass Effect series in general. Providing a 25% discount to customers who purchased any of the ME games is an excellent way of saying thanks to the fans who helped make the series a blockbuster success.

What world do you live in? Kids play M rated games all the time.

And you're also assuming that everyone in the world has both heard of the game AND decided is not for them, which is not an accurate reflection of reality. You're just WAY off about the potential market.

Feb 4, 2021, 01:34
Kxmode

Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition in May Feb 4, 2021, 01:34
Feb 4, 2021, 01:34
 Kxmode

Razumen wrote on Feb 3, 2021, 22:32:
You underestimate the newbie numbers. There are WAY more who have played and own copies of the games than those who have not.

The series sold 14 million copies, last I checked that isn't anywhere near the majority of people on earth, much less the number of people in the game's target audience. ME3 also came out 8 years ago, that's more than enough time for millions more of potential new customers to try the games out for the first time.

The series being age-restricted (M for Mature; 17+) means nobody of consequence (your alluded target audience) would be able to play because the oldest title in the series is 14 years old. That means the only people who have never played is, first and foremost, an adult who is not a gamer, recently became one, or doesn't care about the Mass Effect series in general. Providing a 25% discount to customers who purchased any of the ME games is an excellent way of saying thanks to the fans who helped make the series a blockbuster success.
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf

Feb 3, 2021, 22:32
Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition in May Feb 3, 2021, 22:32
Feb 3, 2021, 22:32

Feb 3, 2021, 17:43
Kxmode

Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition in May Feb 3, 2021, 17:43
Feb 3, 2021, 17:43
 Kxmode

VaranDragon wrote on Feb 3, 2021, 09:47:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 3, 2021, 05:02:
VaranDragon wrote on Feb 3, 2021, 03:42:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 2, 2021, 14:49:
$60. That's a steep price for what is essentially a bundled 4K upgrade. Not offering any discount to those who already forked over ~$200 for the three games and DLCs is a terrible business decision.

If people end up buying it in droves (and you can bet most idiots will suck it up and ask for more) how is it a terrible business decision?

Because I already own all three products plus the DLCs. I'm not spending $60 for the nicety of 4K graphics.

By the way, read the Steam forums. A lot of people take issue with the price. I agree with their sentiment. There's no justification for charging $60 for what is a bundled textured upgrade. It's not even a remake like Mafia: Definitive Edition or Command & Conquer Remastered Collection, both of which are under $40.

So because you have determined that it's not worth it to you (and yeah I agree with you on that) that somehow means that it's a bad business decision? You might wanna check that ego at the door bud. Plenty of fresh young gamers (meat) have not played Mass Effect, and a lot that have are dumbass gamers that spend money on dumb shit left right and center. If this is marketed correctly (at least we can agree that EA does that shit right if everything else wrong) I think it will sell rather well.

You underestimate the newbie numbers. There are WAY more who have played and own copies of the games than those who have not. By the way, most of those who would be newbies are too young to play the games as its rated M for Mature (17+). ME1 released in November 20, 2007 (14 years ago).
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf

Feb 3, 2021, 17:42
Kxmode

Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition in May Feb 3, 2021, 17:42
Feb 3, 2021, 17:42
 Kxmode

Razumen wrote on Feb 3, 2021, 07:34:
$60. That's a steep price for what is essentially a bundled 4K upgrade. Not offering any discount to those who already forked over ~$200 for the three games and DLCs is a terrible business decision.

If people end up buying it in droves (and you can bet most idiots will suck it up and ask for more) how is it a terrible business decision?

Because I already own all three products plus the DLCs. I'm not spending $60 for the nicety of 4K graphics.

By the way, read the Steam forums. A lot of people take issue with the price. I agree with their sentiment. There's no justification for charging $60 for what is a bundled textured upgrade. It's not even a remake like Mafia: Definitive Edition or Command & Conquer Remastered Collection, both of which are under $40.

So then don't buy it?

Never understood the complaints from people that have played all of the series and expect every new re-release to be cheaper just for them.

Also, they've done more than just slap new textures on. It's not as dramatic as a full remake, which I would expect to be more expensive, not less.

I made it clear I'm not buying it. (e.g., "I'm not spending $60 for the nicety of 4K graphics.") As a customer of all three products and the DLCs, I have the customer right to complain about the price. That is to say speak up and disagree with it.

Feb 3, 2021, 09:47
Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition in May Feb 3, 2021, 09:47
Feb 3, 2021, 09:47

So because you have determined that it's not worth it to you (and yeah I agree with you on that) that somehow means that it's a bad business decision? You might wanna check that ego at the door bud. Plenty of fresh young gamers (meat) have not played Mass Effect, and a lot that have are dumbass gamers that spend money on dumb shit left right and center. If this is marketed correctly (at least we can agree that EA does that shit right if everything else wrong) I think it will sell rather well.

Feb 3, 2021, 07:34
Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition in May Feb 3, 2021, 07:34
Feb 3, 2021, 07:34

So then don't buy it?

Never understood the complaints from people that have played all of the series and expect every new re-release to be cheaper just for them.

Also, they've done more than just slap new textures on. It's not as dramatic as a full remake, which I would expect to be more expensive, not less.

Feb 3, 2021, 05:02
Kxmode

Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition in May Feb 3, 2021, 05:02
Feb 3, 2021, 05:02
 Kxmode

Feb 3, 2021, 03:42
Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition in May Feb 3, 2021, 03:42
Feb 3, 2021, 03:42

Feb 2, 2021, 22:16
Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition in May Feb 2, 2021, 22:16
Feb 2, 2021, 22:16

Razumen wrote on Feb 2, 2021, 21:11:
But, gotta complain about something, right?

"Complain"

Feb 2, 2021, 21:18
Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition in May Feb 2, 2021, 21:18
Feb 2, 2021, 21:18

Netflix needs to make this into a series.
COVID infections: 133M - - - COVID deaths: 3M - - - Death rate: 2%
Vaccines administered: 711M - - - Vaccine deaths: 7 - - - Death rate: 0.00000001%
Your choice is clear.

Feb 2, 2021, 21:11
Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition in May Feb 2, 2021, 21:11
Feb 2, 2021, 21:11

Simon Says wrote on Feb 2, 2021, 20:50:
Razumen wrote on Feb 2, 2021, 19:19:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 2, 2021, 17:05:
Charging $60 for something like that isn't very respectful to fans who already spent around $200. This response isn't an entitlement gripe but a complaint about EA's lack of pricing fairness on something they've already made a LOT of money from.

$20 for each game with ALL the DLC is pretty damn fair.

I just replayed the original trilogy with mods and reshade, I see no difference to very minimal differences.

Considering the original + all the graphical mods + reshade look practically the same...

60$ is a fucking joke.

If you played them all already, then this really isn't for you. Not like the price won't go down eventually either.

And you can't use mods and Reshade on consoles, and not everyone wants to deal with mods on PC either.

But, gotta complain about something, right?

Feb 2, 2021, 21:09
Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition in May Feb 2, 2021, 21:09
Feb 2, 2021, 21:09

Bioware is pretty desperate to remaster (not remake) the good Mass Effect games.

Feb 2, 2021, 21:05
Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition in May Feb 2, 2021, 21:05
Feb 2, 2021, 21:05

3 games for $60.

1 & 2 are $20 on steam and 3 is $30.

Not too shabby, If you're a first time buyer.
- I refer to it as BC, Before Corona, and AD, After Disaster. -

Feb 2, 2021, 20:50
Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition in May Feb 2, 2021, 20:50
Feb 2, 2021, 20:50

Razumen wrote on Feb 2, 2021, 19:19:
Charging $60 for something like that isn't very respectful to fans who already spent around $200. This response isn't an entitlement gripe but a complaint about EA's lack of pricing fairness on something they've already made a LOT of money from.

I just replayed the original trilogy with mods and reshade, I see no difference to very minimal differences.

Considering the original + all the graphical mods + reshade look practically the same...

60$ is a fucking joke.

Feb 2, 2021, 19:19
Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition in May Feb 2, 2021, 19:19
Feb 2, 2021, 19:19

Feb 2, 2021, 19:14
Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition in May Feb 2, 2021, 19:14
Feb 2, 2021, 19:14

Wow they finally released a game of the year edition. I actually played this just a couple years ago but didn't want to fork over 100 bucks for DLC, nice that there will eventually be a reasonable complete edition.

For my money, 1 is the best because you feel like you are in space, but 2 and 3 are good action movies that you can blast through in episodic chunks. 3 is basically an extended epilogue and its very personal. The multiplayer PvE wasn't bad either, though I think a bit overrated. No one remembers but they built the exact same multiplayer for Dragon Age Inq and everyone HATED it.

Edit: I see below that no multiplayer lol. EA just refuses to try very hard.
Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older