GTA Online Cheat Seller Thwarted

RockstarINTEL has word that Take-Two Interactive has succeeded in a legal action against Luna Cheats, a prominent seller of cheats for Grand Theft Auto Online (thanks IGN). GTA Online has been a greater hive of scum and villainy than Mos Eisley since it launched, so it's doubtful this will change things that much, but it's nice to see some accountability. They report that the website now includes a message saying they will be donating their ill-gotten gains to charity:
After discussion with Take-Two Interactive, we are immediately ceasing all maintenance, development and distribution of our cheat menu services. We will also be donating our proceeds to a charity designated by Take-Two.

We apologize for any and all problems our software has caused the Grand Theft Auto community.
View : : :
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: GTA Online Cheat Seller Thwarted
Jan 26, 2021, 13:50
NKD
Re: GTA Online Cheat Seller Thwarted Jan 26, 2021, 13:50
Jan 26, 2021, 13:50
NKD

A_Thein wrote on Jan 25, 2021, 21:08:
I've actually written "Cheats" for this game; but mainly to a.) make a solo lobby by freezing the game process till you DC into your own public lobby

b.) a "hack" that basically prevents people from hooking objects to you (a common form of griefing) and to disable certain cheat modules like blowing up all cars, all pedestrians, teleporting etc.,

None of this would have been possible if R* didn't make their online netcode reliant of end user computer's rather than their own server. You can have a PVP game setup like theirs, but some sort of security check/anti cheat should have been included. Also their shutdown of this paid cheat service won't affect the actual cheats as most of them are from free boards.

Yep. The griefing is so bad you have to basically play in "sanitized" lobbies where everyone's friend and crew lists are vetted in order to game the matchmaking, and if you don't, you better have a cheat menu yourself to block griefers from using the hacks on you.

Jan 25, 2021, 21:08
Re: GTA Online Cheat Seller Thwarted Jan 25, 2021, 21:08
Jan 25, 2021, 21:08

I've actually written "Cheats" for this game; but mainly to a.) make a solo lobby by freezing the game process till you DC into your own public lobby

b.) a "hack" that basically prevents people from hooking objects to you (a common form of griefing) and to disable certain cheat modules like blowing up all cars, all pedestrians, teleporting etc.,

None of this would have been possible if R* didn't make their online netcode reliant of end user computer's rather than their own server. You can have a PVP game setup like theirs, but some sort of security check/anti cheat should have been included. Also their shutdown of this paid cheat service won't affect the actual cheats as most of them are from free boards.

Jan 25, 2021, 17:08
Re: GTA Online Cheat Seller Thwarted Jan 25, 2021, 17:08
Jan 25, 2021, 17:08

Lazy game industry devs strike once again... how about owning up to your security holes and fix them instead?

I'm a software developer, if my crap gets hacked or cheated, do you think we can just sling a suit around and it will go away? Real world software = NO, its my fault and I have to fix it. This industry is losing it's mind.

Cheating is rampant and unchecked in GTA Online
Jan 25, 2021, 13:57
Cheating is rampant and unchecked in GTA Online Jan 25, 2021, 13:57
Jan 25, 2021, 13:57

It is very rare that I login to GTA Online PC and there isn't a cheater on the server. Fortunately they aren't always griefers anymore.
It has been a long time since I saw UFOs all over the place, or random vehicles dropping down from above my head. It is still fairly common to have it raining money bags.
Now randomly blowing up, or someone using a unlimited, no cool down orbital cannon is still very common. I find the cheat that forces you out of any vehicle especially annoying, but the most common one I see used is the invulnerable vehicle.
It is annoying when someone comes and kills you, then keeps killing you and there is nothing you can do about it. This one guys killed me, kept coming after me, I went and got my jet and hit his vehicle with at least 12 direct missile hits. There were a few other misses, but this was a vehicle which may have taken max 3 hits to blow up. Or the guy coming after me in his jet, slams into the ground, skids along it almost complete nose down, runs into a building, getting stuck in it for a while, then manages to wiggle out and fly away.
Sometimes it is hard to tell if someone is using a cheat, because there are some really good griefers that aren't cheating, they are just really good at the game. I have run into some of those too, but those are few and far between.

Jan 25, 2021, 13:33
Re: GTA Online Cheat Seller Thwarted Jan 25, 2021, 13:33
Jan 25, 2021, 13:33

Brutally ironic that a game glorifying the lives of lowlifes who lie, murder, and cheat their way through life gets subverted by a lowlife company selling cheats...;)

Rockstar to Luna Cheats: "Get your lyin', stinkin', cheatin' hands OFF our game about cheating as a valid career!"...;)
It is well known that I don't make mistakes--so, if you should happen across an error in something I have written, you can be confident in the fact that *I* did not write it.

Jan 25, 2021, 12:54
Re: GTA Online Cheat Seller Thwarted Jan 25, 2021, 12:54
Jan 25, 2021, 12:54

Only reason they're apologizing is because they got caught.
Slow and steady might not win the race at first, until you shoot everyone ahead of you.
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older