Alleged Resident Evil 4 Remake Development Allegedly Rebooted

VGC has an unconfirmed report that Capcom is partially rebooting development of their Resident Evil 4 Remake. This project has never been officially announced, so this is a rumor of a setback of a rumored game. They attribute the story to "people with knowledge of the project" who say the release may be pushed out to 2023 as a result of the gear shift. Word is the role of developer M-Two is being scaled back in favor of an in-house Capcom team as they attempt to make a more faithful recreation of the original game following criticism of their Resident Evil 3 Remake:
It’s believed that the disagreements that led to M-Two’s reduced role involved the studio’s desire to stick faithfully to the template of the original Resident Evil 4, partly influenced by backlash to Resident Evil 3’s remake, which did not include significant portions of the original PlayStation game, much to fans’ disappointment.

Capcom’s production team, however, is said to prefer a direction which would see RE4’s remake inspired by the original, but with its own unique take on features, story elements and environments not necessarily confined to the blueprint of the original, similar to Resident Evil 2‘s use of Mr. X.

Sources said that the Resident Evil 4 Remake would now be partially rebooted under the new mandate, which could see its release delayed by as much as a year to 2023.
View : : :
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Alleged Resident Evil 4 Remake Development Allegedly Rebooted
Jan 24, 2021, 07:55
Re: Alleged Resident Evil 4 Remake Development Allegedly Rebooted Jan 24, 2021, 07:55
Jan 24, 2021, 07:55

I still hate how the latest remakes (+ RE7) have indestructible, immovable objects.
Even RE4 had breakable glasses and props.
In newer games, you shot a dish with a shotgun and it just sits there, laughing at you.

Jan 23, 2021, 15:10
Re: Alleged Resident Evil 4 Remake Development Allegedly Rebooted Jan 23, 2021, 15:10
Jan 23, 2021, 15:10

MattyC wrote on Jan 23, 2021, 14:31:
I still think it is the best Resident Evil game, but I also only ever played it on the GameCube.

My vote goes for the original PS1 version of RE2, although its recent remake is nearly as good. I'm also playing through RE7 for the first time right now in response to the RE8 news dump (plus it was bundled with my PS5), and it's basically everything I like about the series in a more contemporary format. I love RE4 but I think it strayed a little too far from its adventure game roots (which RE7 returns to), although as an action game it is superb and I'm sorry I missed it when it was new, when it would have been as impressive technically as it is today in terms of gameplay and design.

Jan 23, 2021, 15:06
Re: Alleged Resident Evil 4 Remake Development Allegedly Rebooted Jan 23, 2021, 15:06
Jan 23, 2021, 15:06

TB1447 wrote on Jan 22, 2021, 22:30:
Was RE4 good? I couldn't tell because the PC version was so broken you couldn't play it at all.

It's generally regarded as one of the best and most influential games of all time. I played it for the first time last year on the PS4 and thought it held up magnificently.

The controls however are pretty idiosyncratic to console controllers and although they probably could be made to function on mouse and keyboard, it would not be the same. For example, ammo supplies are usually just sufficient, but you have to be very strategic in their use, and a major risk/reward tradeoff is going for head vs body shots (with the former introducing, ahem, other risks later in the game). The risk of the head shot is that you miss and waste a round that you can't afford to lose, but that risk/reward sensation only obtains if aiming is not perfectly precise and if aiming for the head will take longer and require greater care; with a mouse, you have no reason not to go for headshots every time because its no harder to aim at. This may sound like a limitation of the game's controls, but in fact and in context, it perfectly coheres with level design, enemy design, item placement, and other core mechanics to create compelling gameplay which forces you to constantly make trade offs, beat strategic retreats, and otherwise think your way through quite elaborate combat encounters.

Jan 23, 2021, 14:31
MattyC

Re: Alleged Resident Evil 4 Remake Development Allegedly Rebooted Jan 23, 2021, 14:31
Jan 23, 2021, 14:31
 MattyC

Was RE4 good? I couldn't tell because the PC version was so broken you couldn't play it at all.

I still think it is the best Resident Evil game, but I also only ever played it on the GameCube. Have any of the RE PC ports been good? I was under the impression that they were almost universally bad.
"Dear Mr. President, There are too many states nowadays. Please eliminate three. I am not a crackpot."

Jan 23, 2021, 13:14
Re: Alleged Resident Evil 4 Remake Development Allegedly Rebooted Jan 23, 2021, 13:14
Jan 23, 2021, 13:14

?? I played through RE4 on PC, although probably at least a year after release... either a community patch or official patch(?) had fixed the mouse by then.

Jan 23, 2021, 06:13
Re: Alleged Resident Evil 4 Remake Development Allegedly Rebooted Jan 23, 2021, 06:13
Jan 23, 2021, 06:13

TB1447 wrote on Jan 22, 2021, 22:30:

They had a hack out to "help" but it was still completely unplayable. You couldn't use the mouse at all.

Those fools went from breakthroughs in violence tech in 2's remake to shooting zombies being so boring in part 3 (which is all they're good at, and didn't even get 3 right anyway) that it isn't worth playing for FREE let alone paying TOP DOLLAR.

If you'd rather the most amazing work in the history of your company be ruined for EVERYONE just to ruin it for ONE PERSON you have serious problems and probably catch the whiff of sweet tarts every now and then.

It was one of the best games of the time, but it has aged terribly in graphics, controls and gameplay. A remake could be very good if done right.

Jan 22, 2021, 22:30
Re: Alleged Resident Evil 4 Remake Development Allegedly Rebooted Jan 22, 2021, 22:30
Jan 22, 2021, 22:30

They had a hack out to "help" but it was still completely unplayable. You couldn't use the mouse at all.

Those fools went from breakthroughs in violence tech in 2's remake to shooting zombies being so boring in part 3 (which is all they're good at, and didn't even get 3 right anyway) that it isn't worth playing for FREE let alone paying TOP DOLLAR.

If you'd rather the most amazing work in the history of your company be ruined for EVERYONE just to ruin it for ONE PERSON you have serious problems and probably catch the whiff of sweet tarts every now and then.

Jan 22, 2021, 21:47
Re: Alleged Resident Evil 4 Remake Development Allegedly Rebooted Jan 22, 2021, 21:47
Jan 22, 2021, 21:47

RE4 is the best of the bunch.
Please don't fuck it up.
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older