7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Google threatens to remove its search engine from Australia if new law goes into effect
Jan 23, 2021, 13:57
Re: Google threatens to remove its search engine from Australia if new law goes into effect Jan 23, 2021, 13:57
Jan 23, 2021, 13:57

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 23, 2021, 09:17:
Simon Says wrote on Jan 23, 2021, 08:46:
Step 2 : Use privacy friendly Duckduckgo instead.
Are you sure about that... DDG privacy abuser in disguise

Caveat: I have no idea how accurate that article is, nor have I attempted to research the issue -- so, maybe this guy has an axe to grind with DDG for some reason and his comments don't hold water.
I guess the question is: what is DDG's business model?
"Even after you've had the COVID-19 vaccine, you still need to wash hands, watch distance and wear a mask because you can still transmit the virus even though you're not going to get sick." - NIH Director Dr. Francis Collins

Re: Google threatens to remove its search engine from Australia if new law goes into effect
Jan 23, 2021, 09:17
Re: Google threatens to remove its search engine from Australia if new law goes into effect Jan 23, 2021, 09:17
Jan 23, 2021, 09:17

Simon Says wrote on Jan 23, 2021, 08:46:
Are you sure about that... DDG privacy abuser in disguise

Caveat: I have no idea how accurate that article is, nor have I attempted to research the issue -- so, maybe this guy has an axe to grind with DDG for some reason and his comments don't hold water.
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Google threatens to remove its search engine from Australia if new law goes into effect
Jan 23, 2021, 08:46
Google threatens to remove its search engine from Australia if new law goes into effect Jan 23, 2021, 08:46
Jan 23, 2021, 08:46

Step 1 : Pass that law everywhere
Step 3 : ...
Step 4 : GOOD FUCKING RIDDANCE

Re: Morning Metaverse
Jan 22, 2021, 16:43
Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 22, 2021, 16:43
Jan 22, 2021, 16:43

Janet Yellen Will Consider Limiting the Use of Cryptocurrency

Welp, time to order up four years of illegal drugs off the dark web.
"Even after you've had the COVID-19 vaccine, you still need to wash hands, watch distance and wear a mask because you can still transmit the virus even though you're not going to get sick." - NIH Director Dr. Francis Collins

Jan 22, 2021, 16:20
Verno

Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 22, 2021, 16:20
Jan 22, 2021, 16:20
 Verno

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 22, 2021, 13:58:
*meh* I don't completely oppose regulation of digital currencies, but it needs to be done reasonably and fairly. For instance, there was this in the article:

"Under the new rules, cryptocurrency-based exchanges would need to file transaction reports with FinCEN any time a customer made a cryptocurrency transaction worth more than $10,000. This would mirror existing rules requiring conventional banks to report when customers make cash withdrawals or deposits worth more than $10,000".
I'm guessing that isn't true for stock transactions. If it isn't required for stock transactions I don't see why it would be for Bitcoin transactions.

Stocks are already heavily regulated and trades are tracked on the back end by your financial provider which in turn reports them to tax authorities and regulators. They also have separate FinCEN guidelines for reporting suspicious trades already. Bitcoin proclaims to be a currency, not just a trading vehicle. The goal of the legislation is to ensure that taxes are paid and that is not easy to launder money. Bitcoin has been a haven for criminal organizations and tax dodgers so it seems pretty reasonable to me, I don't really see an issue or any unfairness here. Just some much needed transparency.
Playing: Xenoblade Chronicles DE, Ys IX, God of War
Watching: Lupin, You me and the Apocalypse, Days of Thunder

Jan 22, 2021, 13:58
Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 22, 2021, 13:58
Jan 22, 2021, 13:58

*meh* I don't completely oppose regulation of digital currencies, but it needs to be done reasonably and fairly. For instance, there was this in the article:

"Under the new rules, cryptocurrency-based exchanges would need to file transaction reports with FinCEN any time a customer made a cryptocurrency transaction worth more than $10,000. This would mirror existing rules requiring conventional banks to report when customers make cash withdrawals or deposits worth more than $10,000".
I'm guessing that isn't true for stock transactions. If it isn't required for stock transactions I don't see why it would be for Bitcoin transactions.
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Jan 22, 2021, 13:34
Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 22, 2021, 13:34
Jan 22, 2021, 13:34

Absolutely, regulate the shit out of that criminal currency until it's dead. Then we can all start getting some video cards and seeing electricity prices come down and the environment improve. Enough with the fake money already.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older