GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 461.33

NVIDIA now offers new version 461.33 hotfix drivers for GeForce graphics cards running Windows. These are based on their latest Game Ready Driver version 461.09 to address several issues. Here's what they fix:
The hotfix addresses the following issues:

• Adobe Premiere Pro may freeze when using Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA) [3230997/200686504]
  • [461.09] NVIDIA Broadcast Camera filter may hang. [200691869]
  • [Steam VR game]: Stuttering and lagging occur upon launching a game (Without using any Hardware monitoring tool). [3152190]
  • [Detroit: Become Human]: The game randomly crashes. [3203114]
  • [NVENC] Colors of webcam video image on receiving end of Zoom may appear incorrect [3205912]
  • [Assassin's Creed Valhalla] Game may randomly crash after extended gameplay [200679654]
  • [X4: Foundations][Vulkan]: The game may crash on GeForce RTX 30 series GPUs. [3220107]
  • [X4: Foundations][Vulkan]: HUD in the game is broken. [3169099]

View : : :
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 461.33
Jan 24, 2021, 11:42
Re: GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 461.33 Jan 24, 2021, 11:42
Jan 24, 2021, 11:42

Jan 24, 2021, 11:02
Re: GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 461.33 Jan 24, 2021, 11:02
Jan 24, 2021, 11:02

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 22, 2021, 23:07:
In 72 to 96 hours you should know if the firmware fixed it. I'm excited.

I did that BIOS update for the card on day 2 or 3, it didn't help.

Quinn wrote on Jan 23, 2021, 07:04:
TL;DR --> Turn off "fast startup" under Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\System Settings if you're still having issues. Might help!

Fast startup has always been off on my system.

I manually installed chipset drivers from Intel. I checked the versions before and after, and the only one that updated was the SATA driver. I don't know for sure if that fixed it, but so far I haven't had a BSOD in 2 days.
"The only way anyone can live in peace is if they're prepared to forgive." - The Doctor

Jan 23, 2021, 07:04
Re: GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 461.33 Jan 23, 2021, 07:04
Jan 23, 2021, 07:04

MeanJim wrote on Jan 22, 2021, 21:13:
Quinn wrote on Jan 22, 2021, 11:41:
OK, so no VR set installed? Because those fuckers cause trouble, I've realized. A BIOS update is a must in this case. You've brand new hardware slotted into what I deduced is an older mobo. Waste not a second more looking for solutions and update that BIOS pronto. You have an EVGA 3070? Is it the FTW3?

Anyway, I have a lot more to say to you regarding your issue but first: BIOS update, please.

No VR installed. I already have the latest BIOS for my MB. There hasn't been an update for it since 2018, so there's nothing I can do about that. I have the EVGA XC3 Ultra.

OpticNerve wrote on Jan 22, 2021, 16:39:
I used to have the same issue with my EVGA 3080 and although I'm not 100% sure, I do think that a firmware update for that GPU fixed my "BSOD when coming back from Sleep or Hibernation" issue (either that or updating to newer nVidia drivers). I can't find a standalone section of EVGA's website to download GPU firmware (which seems like an odd omission to have) but I do know that their PrecisionX1 OC software automatically does that. You can download it and see if there is any available firmware for your GPU (mine had 2-3 firmware updates since it was released): https://www.evga.com/precisionx1/

I did read somewhere that there was a BIOS update for the card, so I installed the X1 software and it did update the GPU's BIOS.

Keep us posted. I hope it fixed it for you!

What I also found as I was searching for you, was something pretttttty nasty and I'm surprised I didn't know about it yet (and I have the impression not many people do, but that's just a hunch): Did you know that a default enabled setting in Windows 10 is "fast startup"? I sure as hell didn't. And this is a problem for people with GPU's like ours that somehow have issues with Hibernation states. Here's a good piece from a How to Geek article:

Fast Startup combines elements of a cold shutdown and the hibernate feature. When you shut down your computer with Fast Startup enabled, Windows closes all applications and logs off all users, just as in a normal cold shutdown. At this point, Windows is in a state very similar to when it’s freshly booted up: No users have logged in and started programs, but the Windows kernel is loaded and the system session is running. Windows then alerts device drivers that support it to prepare for hibernation, saves the current system state to the hibernation file, and turns off the computer.

When you start the computer again, Windows does not have to reload the kernel, drivers, and system state individually. Instead, it just refreshes your RAM with the loaded image from the hibernation file and delivers you to the login screen. This technique can shave considerable time off your start up.

So basically (but not really, but "really" enough), when you and I shut our PC off -- and deliberately choose not to put it in hibernation due to the sensitivity to issues -- we are putting our PC in hibernation mode...

TL;DR --> Turn off "fast startup" under Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\System Settings if you're still having issues. Might help!

Jan 22, 2021, 23:07
Re: GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 461.33 Jan 22, 2021, 23:07
Jan 22, 2021, 23:07

Jan 22, 2021, 21:13
Re: GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 461.33 Jan 22, 2021, 21:13
Jan 22, 2021, 21:13

Quinn wrote on Jan 22, 2021, 11:41:
OK, so no VR set installed? Because those fuckers cause trouble, I've realized. A BIOS update is a must in this case. You've brand new hardware slotted into what I deduced is an older mobo. Waste not a second more looking for solutions and update that BIOS pronto. You have an EVGA 3070? Is it the FTW3?

Anyway, I have a lot more to say to you regarding your issue but first: BIOS update, please.

No VR installed. I already have the latest BIOS for my MB. There hasn't been an update for it since 2018, so there's nothing I can do about that. I have the EVGA XC3 Ultra.

OpticNerve wrote on Jan 22, 2021, 16:39:
I used to have the same issue with my EVGA 3080 and although I'm not 100% sure, I do think that a firmware update for that GPU fixed my "BSOD when coming back from Sleep or Hibernation" issue (either that or updating to newer nVidia drivers). I can't find a standalone section of EVGA's website to download GPU firmware (which seems like an odd omission to have) but I do know that their PrecisionX1 OC software automatically does that. You can download it and see if there is any available firmware for your GPU (mine had 2-3 firmware updates since it was released): https://www.evga.com/precisionx1/

I did read somewhere that there was a BIOS update for the card, so I installed the X1 software and it did update the GPU's BIOS.
"The only way anyone can live in peace is if they're prepared to forgive." - The Doctor

Jan 22, 2021, 16:39
Re: GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 461.33 Jan 22, 2021, 16:39
Jan 22, 2021, 16:39

MeanJim wrote on Jan 22, 2021, 03:35:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 21, 2021, 21:28:
I don’t envy your troubleshooting.
I’m sure you’ve already thought of all the stuff , I’m just going to free associate.
If windows is leaving any crash logs you could investigate those and also check if Windows Reliability Monitor has anything useful. Run the built in Blue Screen Troubleshooter.

Scour and post in the GPU manufacturers forum, Same for your mb, Reddit etc.

If there is another slot you can stick the card in try that.
Good Luck and keep us informed if you find the fix. Fingerscrossed

Yeah, this is the most frustrating thing I think I have ever had to troubleshoot. It only seems to do it when I let it sleep overnight. A few times I thought I'd fixed it when I put it to sleep for a few minutes and it resumed fine, only to have it crash the next day. Whatever I try, I won't know if it's worked until the next day, or to be sure, a few days because a couple of times it did resume fine.

The message on the BSOD is Video Scheduler Internal Error. I've analyzed the dmp files, and the same file is at fault every time, dxgmms2.dll.

I'm not sure if it's something with the drivers and I just need to wait. I did find one post on the EVGA forums of people having BSOD on resume. Some people said they fixed it by closing MSI Afterburner or other similar programs, but I'm not running any of that. I just took it out of the box and plugged it in. One reply mentioned nvidia acknowledged a problem causing BSOD on waking from sleep (no source though). That post was from November. There was something in the last driver update about fixing a BSOD when using sleep with multiple monitors, but I'm only running one monitor.

Jan 22, 2021, 11:41
Re: GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 461.33 Jan 22, 2021, 11:41
Jan 22, 2021, 11:41

MeanJim wrote on Jan 22, 2021, 03:35:
I’m sure you’ve already thought of all the stuff , I’m just going to free associate.
If windows is leaving any crash logs you could investigate those and also check if Windows Reliability Monitor has anything useful. Run the built in Blue Screen Troubleshooter.

Yeah, this is the most frustrating thing I think I have ever had to troubleshoot. It only seems to do it when I let it sleep overnight. A few times I thought I'd fixed it when I put it to sleep for a few minutes and it resumed fine, only to have it crash the next day. Whatever I try, I won't know if it's worked until the next day, or to be sure, a few days because a couple of times it did resume fine.

The message on the BSOD is Video Scheduler Internal Error. I've analyzed the dmp files, and the same file is at fault every time, dxgmms2.dll.

I'm not sure if it's something with the drivers and I just need to wait. I did find one post on the EVGA forums of people having BSOD on resume. Some people said they fixed it by closing MSI Afterburner or other similar programs, but I'm not running any of that. I just took it out of the box and plugged it in. One reply mentioned nvidia acknowledged a problem causing BSOD on waking from sleep (no source though). That post was from November. There was something in the last driver update about fixing a BSOD when using sleep with multiple monitors, but I'm only running one monitor.

OK, so no VR set installed? Because those fuckers cause trouble, I've realized. A BIOS update is a must in this case. You've brand new hardware slotted into what I deduced is an older mobo. Waste not a second more looking for solutions and update that BIOS pronto. You have an EVGA 3070? Is it the FTW3? I have the same one and on my brand new system (mobo, cpu, psu, ddr4) I've had INTERNAL_POWER_MANAGEMENT BSODs and some other driver related shit. During startup my PC just turned off before it got into Windows. Happened twice. Dump file says ntoskrnl.exe is the culprit. So basically driver related. Personally I think it's my Oculus Rift S again because the new mobo keeps not recognizing the fucking thing unless I plug it out and in again while in Windows.

Jan 22, 2021, 03:35
Re: GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 461.33 Jan 22, 2021, 03:35
Jan 22, 2021, 03:35

Jan 21, 2021, 21:28
Re: GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 461.33 Jan 21, 2021, 21:28
Jan 21, 2021, 21:28

MeanJim wrote on Jan 21, 2021, 21:07:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 21, 2021, 16:04:
Verify your drivers and bios are the latest and greatest.

My MB hasn't received a BIOS update since 2018 and I'm on it. I think Windows installs everything but drivers for my sound card and GPU, and they're both up to date. I wasn't running the latest nvidia driver when I upgraded to the card, but I installed the latest driver after the first crash. When I update nvidia drivers, I always select custom, display only, and check the box to perform a clean install.

This comment was edited on Jan 21, 2021, 21:41.

Jan 21, 2021, 21:07
Re: GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 461.33 Jan 21, 2021, 21:07
Jan 21, 2021, 21:07

Overon wrote on Jan 21, 2021, 14:17:
DId you hijack a shipment? Did you murder someone to get it?

No comment. Best Buy got some stock last week. You had to order online and pick it up at the store. Anxious

fakespyder wrote on Jan 21, 2021, 16:01:
Maybe an unrelated cable is loose?

That thought occurred to me. The 3070 was so much bigger than the 970 that I did have to re-route some cables. I remember having sporadic video driver crashes back when I built the system. It didn't start happening until weeks or months after I built it, but it turned out I didn't fully seat the mother board's power connector and it loosened up enough over that time to cause problems. Those crashes happened while gaming, and I'm not having any problem running games. It's only when the system resumes from sleep.

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 21, 2021, 16:04:

My MB hasn't received a BIOS update since 2018 and I'm on it. I think Windows installs everything but drivers for my sound card and GPU, and they're both up to date. I wasn't running the latest nvidia driver when I upgraded to the card, but I installed the latest driver after the first crash. When I update nvidia drivers, I always select custom, display only, and check the box to perform a clean install.

Jan 21, 2021, 16:04
Re: GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 461.33 Jan 21, 2021, 16:04
Jan 21, 2021, 16:04

Overon wrote on Jan 21, 2021, 14:17:
MeanJim wrote on Jan 21, 2021, 04:24:
I got a 3070 last week. I haven't had a single problem with it playing games, but I can no longer reliably put my system to sleep. I will sometimes get a BSOD when waking it up. This never happened with my old card, and this was the first time I have ever seen the Windows 10 BSOD since I've been using Windows 10. It only seems to do it when it sleeps over night. When I put it to sleep for a few minutes after trying something, it resumes fine, only to BSOD waking it the next day. A couple of times it resumed from a night's sleep when I didn't play games the day before, so I thought that was a connection until it did it without playing games. It's so frustrating to troubleshoot because whatever I try, I won't really know if it's fixed until the next day. I've run out of things to try, and got tired of messing with it, so for now I've turned off sleep and am just using hibernate.
These things, they fall of trucks.

@MeanJim
This blues newser had bsod's because his USB driver was incorrect after an OS reinstall.

Jan 21, 2021, 16:01
Re: GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 461.33 Jan 21, 2021, 16:01
Jan 21, 2021, 16:01

@MeanJim
I'm not saying this is the issue, but I resolved my pc's bsod problems when waking from sleep.
Turns out the dvd drive wasn't always registering. I never noticed because I hardly ever use it.
I stumbled onto the issue accidently. I was looking at my bios setting and changed a few things, then looked at the boot priority and the dvd drive was nowhere to be seen.

Long story short: I opened up the case and re-seated the cables, (It is an m-itx so it was harder than it sounds), and I'm back in business.

tldr:
Maybe an unrelated cable is loose?

Jan 21, 2021, 14:17
Re: GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 461.33 Jan 21, 2021, 14:17
Jan 21, 2021, 14:17

MeanJim wrote on Jan 21, 2021, 04:24:
I got a 3070 last week. I haven't had a single problem with it playing games, but I can no longer reliably put my system to sleep. I will sometimes get a BSOD when waking it up. This never happened with my old card, and this was the first time I have ever seen the Windows 10 BSOD since I've been using Windows 10. It only seems to do it when it sleeps over night. When I put it to sleep for a few minutes after trying something, it resumes fine, only to BSOD waking it the next day. A couple of times it resumed from a night's sleep when I didn't play games the day before, so I thought that was a connection until it did it without playing games. It's so frustrating to troubleshoot because whatever I try, I won't really know if it's fixed until the next day. I've run out of things to try, and got tired of messing with it, so for now I've turned off sleep and am just using hibernate.

Jan 21, 2021, 04:24
Re: GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 461.33 Jan 21, 2021, 04:24
Jan 21, 2021, 04:24

Jan 21, 2021, 02:17
Re: GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 461.33 Jan 21, 2021, 02:17
Jan 21, 2021, 02:17

Oh this looks like a good one for us RTX30XX users who use VR. Nice. Will be downloading later today.

Jan 20, 2021, 19:29
Re: GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 461.33 Jan 20, 2021, 19:29
Jan 20, 2021, 19:29

The official nV forum thread to keep an eye on, look at pinned posts from Manuel@NVIDIA.
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older