4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Morning Safety Dance
Jan 19, 2021, 22:58
Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 19, 2021, 22:58
Jan 19, 2021, 22:58

I could live with the tracking of my work. I mean, there was a ticketing system for people to request work, so it only makes sense to track those tickets. My issue was with the nitpicking change management. It drove me (and many of my co-workers) insane...
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Jan 19, 2021, 22:08
Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 19, 2021, 22:08
Jan 19, 2021, 22:08

As I do not kiss the ass of corporate overlords, they can kiss my ass. I am salaried. I am being paid for my skillset, end of fucking story. How and when I work is irrelevant so long as the milestones get hit at the agreed upon time. This diseased, bullshit hangup of "productivity" is not only worthless but counterproductive. Actual productivity is not some linear, directly proportional scale that every person you hire is going to automagically adhere to. I know I sure as Hell don't. I get to work at 0630 and I am out no later than 1400-1430. This allows me to avoid traffic and work when my brain is most active. Can my boss track my time? More often than not, no. Does it matter? Absofuckinglutely not since I hit the milestones. Some of my guys come in at 1200 and bail out around 2000. That's absolutely fine with me. There are days I haven't gone in to work (prepandemic) because, fuck it, I just wasn't feeling it that day.

Just because a company pays you doesn't mean they own you. You are not a slave and you are not a serf.
"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

There are two types of computer users: Masochists and Linux users.

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net .

Jan 19, 2021, 19:17
Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 19, 2021, 19:17
Jan 19, 2021, 19:17

Cutter wrote on Jan 19, 2021, 13:09:
"Since moving to full-time remote working, I can't shake feeling my boss is using Teams to monitor and evaluate our productivity. Is this something I should be concerned about or am I paranoid?"

If you're on the company dime, you're on the company time. So why shouldn't they be able to monitor and evaluate the productivity of remote workers?

You've obviously never had the boss looking in on you when he's not supposed to.
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

Jan 19, 2021, 13:09
Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 19, 2021, 13:09
Jan 19, 2021, 13:09

"Since moving to full-time remote working, I can't shake feeling my boss is using Teams to monitor and evaluate our productivity. Is this something I should be concerned about or am I paranoid?"

If you're on the company dime, you're on the company time. So why shouldn't they be able to monitor and evaluate the productivity of remote workers?

"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older