Epic Investigating HITMAN 2/3 Ownership Problem

Tim Sweeney tweets that Epic is working with IO Interactive to find a way for those who own HITMAN 2 on Steam to be able to play the game's missions in HITMAN 3 without an additional purchase. When HITMAN 3 was announced IO promised that players would be able to import the levels from the previous two HITMAN games. But a HITMAN 3 Pre-Launch Guide released the other day said that since HITMAN 3 will be exclusive to the Epic Games Store, which does not carry HITMAN 2, content from the second game would require an additional purchase. Now the Epic CEO says their working to avoid this being the case:
Sorry, the team is looking into this with IO. It’s never Epic’s intent to create a situation where someone who owns a game on Steam would have to buy it again on Epic Games Store.
View : : :
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Epic Investigating HITMAN 2/3 Ownership Problem
Jan 18, 2021, 02:14
Re: Epic Investigating HITMAN 2/3 Ownership Problem Jan 18, 2021, 02:14
Jan 18, 2021, 02:14

I never understood the hype for these Hitman games. I remember trying one of them ages ago and I just didn't think it was that great. I also remember the horrible movie with Timothy Olyphant which is I guess par for the course for video game adaptations.

Jan 17, 2021, 19:06
Re: Epic Investigating HITMAN 2/3 Ownership Problem Jan 17, 2021, 19:06
Jan 17, 2021, 19:06

This doesn't seem any different to me than buying the base game on one platform and the dlc on another. During 3's exclusivity period this option just won't be available.

Jan 17, 2021, 16:44
Kxmode

Re: Epic Investigating HITMAN 2/3 Ownership Problem Jan 17, 2021, 16:44
Jan 17, 2021, 16:44
 Kxmode

By promising the game would allow players to play locations from Hitman 2, IOI can fix the problem by releasing the game on Steam. So that's my thoughts about IOI.

As far as Epic is concerned:

Re: "It's never Epic's intent to create a situation where someone who owns a game on Steam would have to buy it again on Epic Games Store."

This comes from the same company that contacted the Darq developer days after releasing the trailer announcing the Steam release and then telling the dev they wouldn't allow simship for his game even though they granted simship status to other publishers. This is the same company that got Deep Silver to yank Metro Exodus two weeks before launch, even though it had a lengthy preorder cycle. This is the same company that took crowdfunded titles that promised Steam keys (Phoenix Point and Shenmue 3). This is the same company that's advocating for fairness and yet takes away choice. This is the same company who's store still doesn't have a shopping cart or standard social features. No Epic, you don't get to take the high road here. You knew what you were doing. Wherever you go, chaos follows. Apple's pummeling you in court cannot come fast enough. Their case against Apple is weak, and they will suffer a financial black hole that even their Fortnite funds won't be able to help them get out of.

This comment was edited on Jan 17, 2021, 17:01.
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf

Jan 17, 2021, 13:40
Re: Epic Investigating HITMAN 2/3 Ownership Problem Jan 17, 2021, 13:40
Jan 17, 2021, 13:40

What about Hitman 1 costing 60€ on EGS?

This is 100% intentional by IO
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older