Fallout: The Frontier Mod for Fallout: New Vegas

Fallout: The Frontier is now available, offering an ambitious modification for Fallout: New Vegas. This requires ownership of the original game on Steam as well as all four of its official DLC packs. You can download the mod through Nexus Mods and it is also coming soon to Steam as well, but they say the Steam release is delayed "for a very short time" while they work out some build issues. Here's a Release Trailer, and here's more on this project that they call a "game sized modification":
In the cold, snowy streets of Portland Oregon, the New California Exiles and Caesar’s Legion fight for the domination of a city rich in resources and military hardware, but what lies in wait under the snowy ruins...

The Frontier is a new game sized modification for Fallout: New Vegas. Created by a passionate group of dozens of community members over a seven year period, The Frontier is the largest modification ever released for Fallout: New Vegas, and aims to be a unique experience for players both old and new.

Featuring new gameplay mechanics such as high quality drivable vehicles, and incredible scripting and visual effects that are sure to impress even the oldest fans of the series. All of this wrapped up with high quality voice acting, dozens of side quests and hundreds of exciting new characters!
View : : :
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Fallout: The Frontier Mod for Fallout: New Vegas
Jan 18, 2021, 11:21
Re: Fallout: The Frontier Mod for Fallout: New Vegas Jan 18, 2021, 11:21
Jan 18, 2021, 11:21

Far as mod instructions go that one is not overly long ;p I have some Skyrim mods with 3 pages...

Jan 18, 2021, 10:10
PHJF

Re: Fallout: The Frontier Mod for Fallout: New Vegas Jan 18, 2021, 10:10
Jan 18, 2021, 10:10
 PHJF

I was curious about this, considered trying it, until I got to the install instructions.

Make a clean install of Fallout: New Vegas. By clean - I mean clean. Rename your old game folder to something else so it's backed up if you don't want to delete completely. Go to Steam, press uninstall, and then install the game. Or, alternatively, verify game files. It will download the whole game normally.
Open %username%\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\ and backup + delete everything inside it.
Launch Fallout: New Vegas through Steam, so it opens a launcher. It has to set your settings automatically at that point. If it doesn't - it means you haven't cleaned up everything in the 2nd step. It is important for you to clean it, so go and do it. Once done - you can change things you want to change in the settings. Run the game. Check how it loads, maybe hang around with Mitchell, maybe even create a character. Close the game.
Unpack The Frontier archive. Copy\move all files inside your \Fallout New Vegas\Data\ folder. Replace files if asked.
Download updates and/or fixes from files section here, and unpack. Copy\move files inside your \Fallout New Vegas\Data\ folder
Go to FNV 4GB Patcher page. Download the file. Unpack and copy\move FalloutNVpatch.exe file inside your \Fallout New Vegas\ folder (NOT data). Run FalloutNVpatch.exe file. Console window will open telling you if the patch was successful. If it was, it will ask you to press any key. Press any key.
Go to xNVSE page. Download nvse_6_0_2.7z file. Unpack and copy\move all files inside your \Fallout New Vegas\ folder (NOT data). Replace files if asked.
Download and install Visual C++ 2015-19 x86 Redistributable.
Go to JIP LN NVSE Plugin page. Download the file. Unpack and copy\move NVSE folder inside your \Fallout New Vegas\Data\ folder. Replace files if asked.
Go to JohnnyGuitar NVSE page. Download the file. Unpack and copy\move NVSE folder inside your \Fallout New Vegas\Data\ folder. Replace files if asked.
Go to NVAC - New Vegas Anti Crash page. Download the file. Unpack and copy\move NVSE folder inside your \Fallout New Vegas\Data\ folder. Replace files if asked.
Go to UIO - User Interface Organizer page. Download the file. Unpack and copy\move NVSE and UIO folders inside your \Fallout New Vegas\Data\ folder. Replace files if asked.
Go to The Mod Configuration Menu page. Download The Mod Configuration Menu AND MCM BugFix 2 files. Unpack first file. Unpack included The Mod Configuration Menu.fomod file that was inside (with 7zip for example). Copy\move all files from it inside your \Fallout New Vegas\Data\ folder. Replace files if asked. Unpack MCM BugFix 2 file. Copy\move The Mod Configuration Menu.esp file inside your \Fallout New Vegas\Data\ folder. Replace file when asked.
Download this FalloutCustom.ini file. Copy\move it inside your %username%\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\ folder. Open that file. In the same folder, open RendererInfo.txt file. Memorize the HW Thread Count value (it should be at the very bottom). Go to previously opened FalloutCustom.ini file. Replace "SET_YOUR_HW_THREAD_COUNT_HERE" line inside it with previously memorized value (could be 4, could be 8, maybe more\less, depends on the processor). Save the FalloutCustom.ini file.
Open your \Fallout New Vegas\Data\ folder. Create a shortcut of the nvse_loader.exe file OR FalloutNV.exe file. Move the shortcut to your desktop or any preferred place.
Open your preferred mod manager. Enable The Frontier.esm, The Mod Configuration Menu.esp, and fixes esp files. And then set up your mod load order in the following order:

Yeah maybe not.
Steam + PSN: PHJF

Jan 17, 2021, 02:06
Re: Fallout: The Frontier Mod for Fallout: New Vegas Jan 17, 2021, 02:06
Jan 17, 2021, 02:06

This mod looks amazing. Its really a love letter to how beloved the New Vegas universe is by fans. But if it turns out like the Fallout: New Vegas: New California mod did for me... It will endlessly crash and have seriously weird pacing. Along with me having to Console Command: TGM, way through its poor balancing.

Jan 17, 2021, 00:07
MattyC

Re: Fallout: The Frontier Mod for Fallout: New Vegas Jan 17, 2021, 00:07
Jan 17, 2021, 00:07
 MattyC

With the exception of some mods (for things like Arcanum) I don't think I really ever been able to get fully into game mods after a certain window, but this could certainly be one of those exceptions.
"I don't like being outside, Smithers... For one thing, there are too many fat children."

Jan 16, 2021, 18:48
Re: Fallout: The Frontier Mod for Fallout: New Vegas Jan 16, 2021, 18:48
Jan 16, 2021, 18:48

This is a pretty amazing release. Looking forward to playing it once I work my way through a few other titles.
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older