Jan 16, 2021, 17:12
Jivaro

Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 16, 2021, 17:12
Jan 16, 2021, 17:12
 Jivaro

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 16, 2021, 10:39:
Jivaro wrote on Jan 16, 2021, 02:19:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 15, 2021, 09:03:
Yeah, I am definitely an "old man" when it comes to computer cases. Never have understood the clear case sides and internal lighting. Same for keyboards this has been my keyboard for approaching two decades now. Classic White Buckling Spring -- notice, no Windows key.

Corsair Crystal 570X RGB Mid-Tower Case was a Father's Day gift from my wife a couple years ago. Until form factors change I can't see getting rid of it. It's incredibly versatile and easy to access. I do use a liquid cooler on the CPU but I am not a LED guy. I am fairly intense about my cable management and the case makes that easy to keep straight as well. Highly recommended by this complete amateur. It has the clear tempered glass and previous to owning it I didn't think that style would be my thing. It turned out my wife knew better than I did.

TWO DECADES WITH THE SAME KEYBOARD?! Is it immortal? I have never had one last longer than 3 before 'something' goes wrong. Damn that is impressive.
I can't tell which part of your post amazes/baffles (bamazes amffles) me more.
That you were able to change from preferring a solid side to a clear case.
That your wife knows your hobby so well she was able to pick a case that you liked.
Or that she got you something that you use every day as a Father's Day gift instead of a tie or weed eater.
TLDR
Your post broke me.

lol...I will see what I do to put oyu back together...
1) My preferences in cases was changed by realizing how easy it was making my life to be able to look inside without actually taking it apart. That actually has saved me quite a bit of time, my memory being what it is. Also, I think it might have to do more with how the sides come off because of the glass. It's just really easy to work with and the side doors open like the Green Hornet's car..so there is that.
2) My wife has an uncanny knack for knowing what I like better than I do. This is not the first time she has done this. It' a great trait in a partner.
3) That one shocked me too. I usually get taken out for dinner and a mug or something like most guys. I think the case might have been cheaper than all of that so......how smart is my wife right?

Re: Evening Tech Bits
Jan 16, 2021, 10:39
Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 16, 2021, 10:39
Jan 16, 2021, 10:39

Yeah, I am definitely an "old man" when it comes to computer cases. Never have understood the clear case sides and internal lighting. Same for keyboards this has been my keyboard for approaching two decades now. Classic White Buckling Spring -- notice, no Windows key.

Corsair Crystal 570X RGB Mid-Tower Case was a Father's Day gift from my wife a couple years ago. Until form factors change I can't see getting rid of it. It's incredibly versatile and easy to access. I do use a liquid cooler on the CPU but I am not a LED guy. I am fairly intense about my cable management and the case makes that easy to keep straight as well. Highly recommended by this complete amateur. It has the clear tempered glass and previous to owning it I didn't think that style would be my thing. It turned out my wife knew better than I did.

TWO DECADES WITH THE SAME KEYBOARD?! Is it immortal? I have never had one last longer than 3 before 'something' goes wrong. Damn that is impressive.
I can't tell which part of your post amazes/baffles (bamazes amffles) me more.
That you were able to change from preferring a solid side to a clear case.
That your wife knows your hobby so well she was able to pick a case that you liked.
Or that she got you something that you use every day as a Father's Day gift instead of a tie or weed eater.
TLDR
Your post broke me.

Jan 16, 2021, 08:06
Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 16, 2021, 08:06
Jan 16, 2021, 08:06

Well, I am on the second. The first lasted about 15 years. And actually I suspect if I had disassembled the first and cleaned it, it would had resolved the minor problems I was having. But seeing as I had three of them sitting in boxes (I was fearful long ago that the manufacturer would disappear) I just junked the old one.
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Jan 16, 2021, 02:19
Jivaro

Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 16, 2021, 02:19
Jan 16, 2021, 02:19
 Jivaro

Jan 15, 2021, 09:03
Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 15, 2021, 09:03
Jan 15, 2021, 09:03

Re: Next Level Cable Routing Skills
Jan 15, 2021, 08:53
Re: Next Level Cable Routing Skills Jan 15, 2021, 08:53
Jan 15, 2021, 08:53

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 14, 2021, 23:43:
Not my cup-o-tea, I'll stick with boring boxes.

Nor mine, really. I prefer cube cases more than anything else.
"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

There are two types of computer users: Masochists and Linux users.

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net .

Jan 14, 2021, 23:43
Re: Next Level Cable Routing Skills Jan 14, 2021, 23:43
Jan 14, 2021, 23:43

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 14, 2021, 21:56:
It's one of Cougar's cases. I think the OG Conquerer.
Not my cup-o-tea, I'll stick with boring boxes.

Jan 14, 2021, 23:21
Re: Next Level Cable Routing Skills Jan 14, 2021, 23:21
Jan 14, 2021, 23:21

I think it is either a modded Conquer or a Conquer 2. The side glass is off to show off the cabling and the "jowl" on the Conquer 2 could have been removed.

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net .

Jan 14, 2021, 22:11
Re: Next Level Cable Routing Skills Jan 14, 2021, 22:11
Jan 14, 2021, 22:11

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 14, 2021, 21:56:
Hmm, it does look a little like the Cougar Conquer but not perfect match. Maybe an updated version?

Jan 14, 2021, 21:56
Re: Next Level Cable Routing Skills Jan 14, 2021, 21:56
Jan 14, 2021, 21:56

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 14, 2021, 19:45:
Is that a PC? Can anyone identify the case?

Jan 14, 2021, 19:45
Re: Next Level Cable Routing Skills Jan 14, 2021, 19:45
Jan 14, 2021, 19:45

Is that a PC? Can anyone identify the case?
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older