Cyberpunk 2077 Roadmap

CD PROJEKT RED offers a tweet with a Cyberpunk 2077 roadmap of what they are doing to improve their sci-fi RPG between now and the end of this year. They created a graphic to represent three simple tenets, showing the rest of 2021 will include free DLCs, a free new generation console upgrade, and "multiple updates and improvements." There's no indication of when to expect the game's multiplayer mode, though if you're curious about that, this article has some general details allegedly datamined from the single-player game. There are more details on CDPR's plans including a FAQ on this page. This includes an Our Commitment to Quality Video featuring company co-founder Marcin Iwiński with a "personal explanation of what the days leading up to the launch of Cyberpunk 2077 looked like, sharing the studio's perspective on what happened with the game on old-generation consoles." Marcin asks unhappy users not to blame the development teams, saying he and the board are the final decision makers, and it was their call to release the game. He says they "never, ever intended for anything like this to happen" and offers assurances they will do their best to regain our trust. He goes on to explain how creating the game to look epic on PCs and then scaling it back for consoles turned out to be far more difficult than they anticipated. He also discusses the reasons reviews keys went out so close to the launch. Finally, he goes into more detail about setting things right going forward. We should expect large and small patches on a regular basis, the first of which should come in about 10 days and a larger, more significant update will come in the following weeks. Noting they planned to launch the free DLC shortly after launch, he says they now plan on getting these out after accomplishing the most important fixes and updates. We should expect more information in the coming months, which gives a sense of the broad timeframe they are now anticipating. The console update for Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 is expected during the second half of the year. Here's how he concludes the clip:
I'd like to end this video by assuring you that we treat this entire situation very seriously and are working hard to make it right. The guiding principles of our company are still core to what we do. We still want to make amazing games and have an open communication with you our players. For now our immediate focus is to work hard on making sure you enjoy Cyberpunk 2077 regardless of platform. Beyond Cyberpunk we have many plans for the future, which we'll share more about when we're ready.
View : : :
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Roadmap
Jan 15, 2021, 02:49
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Roadmap Jan 15, 2021, 02:49
Jan 15, 2021, 02:49

Thats also another problem. the fact that all the 'cool' stuff is hidden behind Cyberware

You're given this gigantic skill tree that is basically 90% trash filler. And then basically all the actual 'upgrades' are in Cyberware.

That's backwards. The player is interacting with the skill tree most of the time because its the most in your face part of your upgrades Yet Time Dilation is hidden behind Cyberware. Its idiotic. That should be in the skill tree so players go "OOH WOW I want that!" . The skill tree has no 'wow' factor. It also makes it hard to find synergies because again all the Cyberware is separated out so you don't know whats 'coming' or what potential there is. The skill tree should have been where all the cool abilities are, and Cyberware where you get into the micro benefit tweaking of all the nonsense single-digit micro improvements in some random thing.

Thats the issue. these systems look very poorly thought out and only barely implemented. The skill tree is barren and boring. The dialog system and the life path systems are bad and your choices basically make zero difference, contrast this with the Witcher 3 where seemingly innocuous dialog choices could have small or very large consequences. Every system is just 'barely' functional. They feel like they exist only to check some box on some excel spreadsheet because they don't feel cohesive or well designed or well implemented.

Jan 14, 2021, 19:37
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Roadmap Jan 14, 2021, 19:37
Jan 14, 2021, 19:37

Satoru wrote on Jan 14, 2021, 14:01:
PHJF wrote on Jan 14, 2021, 13:04:
But the potential for greatness is there, the underlying gameplay systems are all solid, I would argue even better than those in the W3.

That's funny because everybody I've listened to has said the gunplay is terrible. Seems like a pretty big oversight.

There's really a bunch of other core problems. Like the 'skill' tree is basically just "you get a slight bonus in X".almost none of the skill tree has any like 'new' thing or ability. Compare that to Assassins Creed. The branches of the tree will give you new abilities such as bashing shields or mutli-stealth kills. These are all ways in which combat and stealth are enhanced and allow you to do NEW things you couldnt do before.

A lot of stuff in CP2077 exists but exists in a way that's not very well thought out or satisfying. The skill tree is a glaring example of "we ran out of time to actually implement actual stuff so just make everything a tiny stat boost which is easier". The dialog system is "lets give you potential different dialog options, but then not have them mean anything impactful or change the outcome". Literally every system in the game is a very thin and not very deep implementation of that system.

There is only the foundations of the basics of what a shooter RPG is. That's pretty much it. None of those systems are 'good'. none of them are fleshed out in any meaningful way. You'd have to overhaul every single thing in the game to make it compelling because everything in the game is literally the 'plain unflavoured vanilla' version of that system.

Couldn't have said it better myself. If this game was just riding shotgun through Night City while the driver tells an epic story I can sometimes chime into with dialogue, I would've had more fun that the 25 hours I played the game. Because, quite literally, the best fun I had was riding shotgun or in a backseat while shit happened around me. In other words, the gameplay just sucks ass. Combat most of all. That said, the bad fucking performance even on a RTX 3070 even with everything on High instead of Ultra didn't help. Anyone who says the game runs glorious on a GPU that isn't an RTX 3080 or 3090 are somehow considering 40fps glorious. Nnnnnope! Those are also the people that have CDP believe there's little wrong with their PC version.

I'm getting my i7 10700k this Saturday which replaces my i7 6400k. We'll see what difference it makes.

Jan 14, 2021, 16:47
Jivaro

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Roadmap Jan 14, 2021, 16:47
Jan 14, 2021, 16:47
 Jivaro

We put them on a pedestal, one they happily climbed up onto, and then they fell off. It happens. They didn't fall off on purpose so believe them when they say this was all a horrible mistake. I am not well read on all this but has there been any accountability within the company like firings or resignations or is the company deciding to just take this in the wallet because the blame goes to the top? (edit, I looked, I can't find any. Really? Wow...)

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 2021, 17:34.

Jan 14, 2021, 14:32
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Roadmap Jan 14, 2021, 14:32
Jan 14, 2021, 14:32

I somewhat disagree Satoru. Yes, the skill tree consists largely of percentile increases. But there are some really nice synergy skills and cornerstone skills (like Cold Blooded). In my first playthrough I went heavy into crafting, & blades. With skills in Blades that increase bleed chance & damage, that synergize with a skill that heals you when you hit/kill a bleeding target. Combine that with a crafted legendary Black Unicorn that hit 5 times a second, and I was slicing guys up and barely taking damage. It was a blast.

The reason I only somewhat disagree is because I don't think you realize that the skill system isn't the 'meat & potatoes' of character customization, but instead a way to enhance ones build. The core of customization in the game is Cyberware. Not just the stuff everyone gets, like double jump and smart-link. For example, in my first Blades-focused playthrough, I got my hands on an iconic Sandevistan called Warp Dancer which slows time by like 90% for 8 seconds. (it reads 10% but that's a typo). With that and heavy blades skills my crit chance was basically 100%, with near 100% crit damage. Was it balanced? Not at all. Was it fun? Fucking a, yes!

That's just one example. There are hundreds of pieces of chrome, each of which can have a major impact on how you play the game.

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 2021, 14:46.

Jan 14, 2021, 14:01
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Roadmap Jan 14, 2021, 14:01
Jan 14, 2021, 14:01

PHJF wrote on Jan 14, 2021, 13:04:
But the potential for greatness is there, the underlying gameplay systems are all solid, I would argue even better than those in the W3.

That's funny because everybody I've listened to has said the gunplay is terrible. Seems like a pretty big oversight.

There's really a bunch of other core problems. Like the 'skill' tree is basically just "you get a slight bonus in X".almost none of the skill tree has any like 'new' thing or ability. Compare that to Assassins Creed. The branches of the tree will give you new abilities such as bashing shields or mutli-stealth kills. These are all ways in which combat and stealth are enhanced and allow you to do NEW things you couldnt do before.

A lot of stuff in CP2077 exists but exists in a way that's not very well thought out or satisfying. The skill tree is a glaring example of "we ran out of time to actually implement actual stuff so just make everything a tiny stat boost which is easier". The dialog system is "lets give you potential different dialog options, but then not have them mean anything impactful or change the outcome". Literally every system in the game is a very thin and not very deep implementation of that system.

There is only the foundations of the basics of what a shooter RPG is. That's pretty much it. None of those systems are 'good'. none of them are fleshed out in any meaningful way. You'd have to overhaul every single thing in the game to make it compelling because everything in the game is literally the 'plain unflavoured vanilla' version of that system.

Jan 14, 2021, 13:50
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Roadmap Jan 14, 2021, 13:50
Jan 14, 2021, 13:50

Most of the issues with CP2077 on older consoles isnt the GPUs, its the CPUs.

That's why a "Series S" which has a worse GPU but better CPU, performs better and more consistent than a Xbox One X with a much better GPU but a worse CPU

If it was purely GPU related, an older Xbox One X would out perform a next gen Series S. But that's not the case.

Jan 14, 2021, 13:04
PHJF

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Roadmap Jan 14, 2021, 13:04
Jan 14, 2021, 13:04
 PHJF

Steam + PSN: PHJF

Jan 14, 2021, 11:43
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Roadmap Jan 14, 2021, 11:43
Jan 14, 2021, 11:43

The game gets better as I play more Escape From Tarkov.

Win!

Jan 14, 2021, 10:27
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Roadmap Jan 14, 2021, 10:27
Jan 14, 2021, 10:27

"I apologize, but..!" are really the worst apologies out there. You either apologize because you mean it or you don't. Him summing up how big and difficult to program a game it is should have nothing to do with the decision to release it in this state. "I apologize, we fucked up." period. That would have looked so much better on them.

Jan 14, 2021, 09:53
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Roadmap Jan 14, 2021, 09:53
Jan 14, 2021, 09:53

Just imagine the day of launch or after if you were the developers. It would of been like Obama sitting in the briefing room as they watch the Osama raid go down. They're just waiting for those first negative reviews to start pouring in as the sweat drips down the side of their face, lol.

Jan 14, 2021, 08:57
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Roadmap Jan 14, 2021, 08:57
Jan 14, 2021, 08:57

Armengar wrote on Jan 14, 2021, 07:17:
fixing bugs and adding MORE to the game will not repair the underlying issues. I got RDR2 at christmas but played CP77 first. The scope and density of CP77 is substantially larger but it isnt better. Going for a walk in St Denis is a better experience than walking down the street in CP77, sure the density is higher but the AI is brutally inadequate. Commit crime in RDR2 and cops do spawn rather quickly and in infinite number but at least they arent as bad as the CP77 spawn in front of your face, they also behave better in RDR2 and can use horses effectively. Pathing is non existent in CP77, the AI for pathing is really bad. Combat is not much better, no real attempts to flank you, move up, retreat. RDR2 combat is a little better, hell half life 1 combat is better.

As for console ports, "last gen" consoles have a 7870 equivalent, im not familiar with older AMD GFX but have access to a few similar nvidia GFX cards. I have a 750 TI (i5 2500k) and a 1650 ti laptop (4600H) on hand, my grandkids have a 1050 (6600k) and a 1060 (9600k) . I havent tried on the 1050 or 1060 but can say that CP77 does run on the 1650ti laptop gloriously. Most settings are medium/high but it looks good and is smooth. The 750ti is low setting and doesnt look too great but that is below a ps4 spec. It should have been ok, im guessing optimisation is not great. If need be just run the damn game on ultra/high spec without any AA in 720p it would have looked better.

Overall, CP77 looks good, has promise, has massive scope and is a giant world full of people. But the AI is dumb as rocks, the lack of "stuff to do" dynamically (outside of a set mission) is non existent, lets not mention the cops. It needs tweaking to be a really pretty game but a lot of work to be a good game.

CP77 is already a pretty good game. It's deeply flawed but even in this flawed state it's good. I can't remember the last time a game gripped me as well as this one. Oh wait, I can. It was the Witcher3. Now I'm not saying it is as good as the Witcher3 because in it's current state, it isn't. But the potential for greatness is there, the underlying gameplay systems are all solid, I would argue even better than those in the W3. It just needs some work, and a lot of polish. The broken police AI needs to be fixed. The broken quests need to be finished\fixed. The bugs need to be ironed out. Stealing should be added to the game. Some of the gameplay loops need to be a bit more fleshed out. For one thing, cars. There is no real reason to own a car. You can just steal anything you like, and the game rewards you with vehicles on completion of certain quests. Another thing, choice. Both in quest, and mission design. Needs to be more fleshed out. Things of that nature.

I don't deny that CDPR fucked up bigtime by pushing for release and cutting a lot of stuff from the game (according to insiders, a huge amount of content was cut) so that they could release when they released. But I definitely am going to cut them some slack personally. I finished the game in about 45hours, maybe did about 50% of the available side quests, and almost none of the random map quest stuff that is almost everywhere on the map. I had great fun. Night City by itself is an amazing achievement, and could host a dozen games. Imagine playing a game where you are a cop in Night City? Back to Cyberpunk. Is it the best game ever? Not by a long shot, but I had a shit-ton of fun with it, and look forward to getting back to it in about a year or so for a more complete playthrough.

Jan 14, 2021, 07:43
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Roadmap Jan 14, 2021, 07:43
Jan 14, 2021, 07:43

deleted

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 2021, 08:26.
- I refer to it as BC, Before Corona, and AD, After Disaster. -

Jan 14, 2021, 07:17
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Roadmap Jan 14, 2021, 07:17
Jan 14, 2021, 07:17

fixing bugs and adding MORE to the game will not repair the underlying issues. I got RDR2 at christmas but played CP77 first. The scope and density of CP77 is substantially larger but it isnt better. Going for a walk in St Denis is a better experience than walking down the street in CP77, sure the density is higher but the AI is brutally inadequate. Commit crime in RDR2 and cops do spawn rather quickly and in infinite number but at least they arent as bad as the CP77 spawn in front of your face, they also behave better in RDR2 and can use horses effectively. Pathing is non existent in CP77, the AI for pathing is really bad. Combat is not much better, no real attempts to flank you, move up, retreat. RDR2 combat is a little better, hell half life 1 combat is better.

As for console ports, "last gen" consoles have a 7870 equivalent, im not familiar with older AMD GFX but have access to a few similar nvidia GFX cards. I have a 750 TI (i5 2500k) and a 1650 ti laptop (4600H) on hand, my grandkids have a 1050 (6600k) and a 1060 (9600k) . I havent tried on the 1050 or 1060 but can say that CP77 does run on the 1650ti laptop gloriously. Most settings are medium/high but it looks good and is smooth. The 750ti is low setting and doesnt look too great but that is below a ps4 spec. It should have been ok, im guessing optimisation is not great. If need be just run the damn game on ultra/high spec without any AA in 720p it would have looked better.

Overall, CP77 looks good, has promise, has massive scope and is a giant world full of people. But the AI is dumb as rocks, the lack of "stuff to do" dynamically (outside of a set mission) is non existent, lets not mention the cops. It needs tweaking to be a really pretty game but a lot of work to be a good game.
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

Jan 14, 2021, 06:32
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Roadmap Jan 14, 2021, 06:32
Jan 14, 2021, 06:32

This kind release product quality and corporate crap ass BS blowing smoke drama is why I don't buy new big hyper new titles. Instead I wait at least a year until after the game have been actually available in a proper patched and mostly bug free state. I have a huge back log of games to keep me busy in the meantime.

Early game purchasers and hype junkies, I hope they enjoy paying top dollar to QA my eventual bargain purchases.
"Meet the new Boss, same as the old Boss." - The Who.

Jan 14, 2021, 03:01
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Roadmap Jan 14, 2021, 03:01
Jan 14, 2021, 03:01

So on or before 1/24 for the big patch release, sounds good to me.

I could sure imagine the covid situation had a huge impact on game development everywhere.
It's had catastrophic consequences on almost, if not every other business.
‘What is this bullshit that you people are doing?’
The worst criminal in human history, undeniably.
Beating and Gassing Americans for Jesus!
Ain't no tweetin, in jail jammies!

Jan 14, 2021, 02:41
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Roadmap Jan 14, 2021, 02:41
Jan 14, 2021, 02:41

jdreyer wrote on Jan 13, 2021, 20:08:
CDPR is throwing some serious shade at CIG.

CIG? Cloud Imperium Gaming? Seriously, you are really comparing CDPR to CIG? Common jdreyer, I've known you to use hyperbole but this is too much. Really, I expected better from you.

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 2021, 04:06.

Jan 14, 2021, 00:38
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Roadmap Jan 14, 2021, 00:38
Jan 14, 2021, 00:38

Thanks for throwing QA under the bus under your 'leadership' you incompetent hacks

QA absolutely told you all the shit that was wrong with your game on ALL platforms

None of this was a 'surprise' to you. Don't blame QA because you didn't listen to them, at all.

Also 'avoiding crunch'? You lying shitbags. Your devs are crunching until 2022 and you know it. There's no way they can fix all the issues the game has across multiple platforms without them crunching. They won't get that 'next gen' content out without crunching. They won't get that DLC out without crunching.

Jan 14, 2021, 00:35
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Roadmap Jan 14, 2021, 00:35
Jan 14, 2021, 00:35

The only 'shade' is the fact that CIG is so utterly incompetent, that even a broken version of CP2077 on an original xbox is still better than anything CIG has put out in a decade.

Jan 14, 2021, 00:13
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Roadmap Jan 14, 2021, 00:13
Jan 14, 2021, 00:13

He says they "never, ever intended for anything like this to happen"

Riiiight. Because porting a next-gen PC game to a last gen console is just a walk in the park. You went for sales, you ignored your dev team that wanted more time. CDPR has earned the 'Hold My Beer' award for 2020.

Oh well, by the time I get a new GPU and monitor it'll probably be at least six more months. Meantime I've started in on RDR2. And when I'm done with this, I'll give Ubi+ a month to rent Valhalla. Then XGP as there are several games there I want to play. Then and the other various backlog of stuff - I'm determined to finish Subnautica - and that should carry me through to said GPU and monitor and a deep discount on 2077 and it'll finally be ready to go with some new DLC out. Works for me.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Jan 13, 2021, 23:24
Kxmode

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Roadmap Jan 13, 2021, 23:24
Jan 13, 2021, 23:24
 Kxmode

There's a fight going on? I wasn't aware. Should I bring my popcorn?
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older