6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Evening Consolidation
Jan 14, 2021, 17:30
Jivaro

Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 14, 2021, 17:30
Jan 14, 2021, 17:30
 Jivaro

The organized crime members in San Jose, CA that stole my mail when they stole a whole bag of mail from a delivery truck were all given 10 years. Postal Inspectors, FBI, court cases...the whole thing. I am not oblivious to the fact that an organized crime syndicate and an individual acting on their own are different scenarios but it seems to me that the actual criminal act is the same....and it was intentionally repeated.

I am the last guy to say recommend longer prison sentences in our broke ass ineffective prison system, more of a bad thing is just that..more bad things. That said, 9 months? That's quite the difference from 10 years. Particularly given that this guy has "supervisor" in his job title apparently? Got off really lucky, not even in jail.

Jan 14, 2021, 11:39
Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 14, 2021, 11:39
Jan 14, 2021, 11:39

That will get you 10 years, this isn't just some petty crime, this is a federal offense. Sucks to be him!

Updated, ok, just read the article, 9 months? are you kidding me? Not sure how he got off so lightly.
Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

Jan 14, 2021, 02:37
Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 14, 2021, 02:37
Jan 14, 2021, 02:37

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 13, 2021, 23:07:
Intelligence? Postal workers? Many are, not the majority hired in the xmas rush though.

If they're going to touch mail at all then they have to pass the same requirements and go to the same training, even the temps who are only there for a few weeks.

That said, I don't know why anyone would think postal workers need to be smarter than average. The only "tests" that are part of getting hired are basic behavioral exams and a background check that they half ass. The vast majority are good folks, but there's always that one person who causes problems at any job, for the number of people the postal service employs it's sort of amazing that reports like this stand out as much as they do. Part of is that the Postal Inspection Service doesn't screw around; you do stuff like this and you are going to get caught, and you're going to be completely boned when you are.

Jan 13, 2021, 23:55
Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 13, 2021, 23:55
Jan 13, 2021, 23:55

Toxoplasmosis Gondii, lead asborption, general low levels of intelligence, we may never fully know what drives people to risk their careers for petty theft or other nonsense. Similar to people stealing office supplies at work and getting fired... mathematically it makes no sense!

Jan 13, 2021, 23:07
Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 13, 2021, 23:07
Jan 13, 2021, 23:07

WaltC wrote on Jan 13, 2021, 20:03:
I thought Postal workers were supposed to be reasonably intelligent--pass a few tests and background checks to get their jobs. It's shocking to see how stupid some of them can be. This guy traded his career for a $500 console. Another Postal worker traded his career for some Netflix DVDs--he didn't steal them--just delayed them while he made copies of them. Just to save a $10-a-month Netflix subscription of his own. Unreal. What idiots.

Mate, today shortly before a thunder-storm with attached snow-storm my only expected package ended up on TOP of my exterior mail box, postal dude did not even ring, it's literally a button right next to the mail box! Only by accident one my neighbors kid walked by, saw it, and rang at my door to inform me I got a package, at that point it was already storming ice crystals side-ways.

Intelligence? Postal workers? Many are, not the majority hired in the xmas rush though.

Jan 13, 2021, 20:03
Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 13, 2021, 20:03
Jan 13, 2021, 20:03

I thought Postal workers were supposed to be reasonably intelligent--pass a few tests and background checks to get their jobs. It's shocking to see how stupid some of them can be. This guy traded his career for a $500 console. Another Postal worker traded his career for some Netflix DVDs--he didn't steal them--just delayed them while he made copies of them. Just to save a $10-a-month Netflix subscription of his own. Unreal. What idiots.
It is well known that I don't make mistakes--so, if you should happen across an error in something I have written, you can be confident in the fact that *I* did not write it.
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older