35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

removed
Jan 18, 2021, 23:24
removed Jan 18, 2021, 23:24
Jan 18, 2021, 23:24

* REMOVED *

This comment was deleted on Jan 19, 2021, 00:18. Reason: Spam (rule 5)

Re: Evening Metaverse
Jan 16, 2021, 00:04
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 16, 2021, 00:04
Jan 16, 2021, 00:04

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 15, 2021, 19:17:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 15, 2021, 15:10:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 13, 2021, 20:53:
Funny that you should say religion, NPR had an evangelical on today and he was talking about how Qanon uses the same language as religion in its propaganda.
'How Did We Get Here?' A Call For An Evangelical Reckoning On Trump 5 minute mark

"How did we get here?" Well, funny you should ask. You spend every Sunday devoted to a conspiracy theory that 2000 years ago a man was born as the son of God and died for our sins, is it any wonder that decades of that training could leak into other types of magical thinking?
I love you man.
Not in a Shameless "ian and mickey" way, more brotherly.

"Even after you've had the COVID-19 vaccine, you still need to wash hands, watch distance and wear a mask because you can still transmit the virus even though you're not going to get sick." - NIH Director Dr. Francis Collins

Jan 15, 2021, 19:17
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 15, 2021, 19:17
Jan 15, 2021, 19:17

jdreyer wrote on Jan 15, 2021, 15:10:
Funny that you should say religion, NPR had an evangelical on today and he was talking about how Qanon uses the same language as religion in its propaganda.
'How Did We Get Here?' A Call For An Evangelical Reckoning On Trump 5 minute mark

"How did we get here?" Well, funny you should ask. You spend every Sunday devoted to a conspiracy theory that 2000 years ago a man was born as the son of God and died for our sins, is it any wonder that decades of that training could leak into other types of magical thinking?
I love you man.
Not in a Shameless "ian and mickey" way, more brotherly.

Jan 15, 2021, 15:10
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 15, 2021, 15:10
Jan 15, 2021, 15:10

"Even after you've had the COVID-19 vaccine, you still need to wash hands, watch distance and wear a mask because you can still transmit the virus even though you're not going to get sick." - NIH Director Dr. Francis Collins

Jan 15, 2021, 10:28
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 15, 2021, 10:28
Jan 15, 2021, 10:28

Jivaro wrote on Jan 14, 2021, 16:33:
Once in awhile Cutter...you really surprise me. I guess that's on me. IMHO, your anarchy take is spot on. I don't claim to be a history buff or extremely well read on the subject but in my life experience there have been anarchists (very few) and then there are people who think that what they perceive as "anarchist behavior" can accomplish their goals (much much more frequent). The latter aren't anarchists of any kind really. They are just people desperate to find any means to their ends. They condemn and abandon the philosophy as soon as they get whatever it is they think they want.

What does that have to do with the documentary? Cutter sets up a ridiculously ignorant strawman of what he fantasizes anarchism to be and then disagrees with it, and that unironically impresses you?

Jan 15, 2021, 10:08
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 15, 2021, 10:08
Jan 15, 2021, 10:08

Cutter wrote on Jan 14, 2021, 12:01:
osage no onna wrote on Jan 14, 2021, 06:00:
Cutter wrote on Jan 14, 2021, 00:43:
Freedom without responsibility is anarchy. The US isn't an anarchist state. Absolute freedom does not exist there or in any other country for that matter.

You seem uninformed about what anarchism is. Luckily there's an excellent three part documentary free on youtube if you want to learn:

Part 1 https://youtu.be/JZ-utvfgK8Q
Part 2 https://youtu.be/77GKgbUGJK0
Part 3 https://youtu.be/M6pysEKlg0Q

Might open your eyes, unless you'd rather keep them closed.

Oh please, I've forgotten more about political dogma than you'll ever know. Anarchy comes from ancient Greek meaning 'self-rule' or 'without-rule'. All those anarchist movements of the past? They weren't anarchist movements. They were anarcho-syndicalist movements. Pro-tip: If you belong to a movement that espouses anarchy...you're not an actual anarchist. Stop listening to the idiots on Youtube and pick up an actual history book or two sometime.

Oh I bet you have. I know you're among the thickest numbnuts around here and expecting you to approach anything at all with an open mind is a fool's errand, which is why I really shared the link for the benefit of others in the crowd. Had you watched even ten minutes of the documentary you would've found that it comprises of interviews of professors, historians, philosophers and other experts who with 100% certainty know more about the topic than some canadian high-school dropout boomer, but there we go. Go on, look up the list of interviewees and count the PhDs and tell me again how much more you know than them.

Jan 14, 2021, 16:33
Jivaro

Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 14, 2021, 16:33
Jan 14, 2021, 16:33
 Jivaro

Cutter wrote on Jan 14, 2021, 12:01:
Freedom without responsibility is anarchy. The US isn't an anarchist state. Absolute freedom does not exist there or in any other country for that matter.

You seem uninformed about what anarchism is. Luckily there's an excellent three part documentary free on youtube if you want to learn:

Oh please, I've forgotten more about political dogma than you'll ever know. Anarchy comes from ancient Greek meaning 'self-rule' or 'without-rule'. All those anarchist movements of the past? They weren't anarchist movements. They were anarcho-syndicalist movements. Pro-tip: If you belong to a movement that espouses anarchy...you're not an actual anarchist. Stop listening to the idiots on Youtube and pick up an actual history book or two sometime.

Once in awhile Cutter...you really surprise me. I guess that's on me. IMHO, your anarchy take is spot on. I don't claim to be a history buff or extremely well read on the subject but in my life experience there have been anarchists (very few) and then there are people who think that what they perceive as "anarchist behavior" can accomplish their goals (much much more frequent). The latter aren't anarchists of any kind really. They are just people desperate to find any means to their ends. They condemn and abandon the philosophy as soon as they get whatever it is they think they want.

Jan 14, 2021, 12:01
Cutter

Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 14, 2021, 12:01
Jan 14, 2021, 12:01
 Cutter

"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Jan 14, 2021, 10:51
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 14, 2021, 10:51
Jan 14, 2021, 10:51

Beamer wrote on Jan 13, 2021, 22:32:
I was banned from the Donald and conservative on reddit. And libertarian. Seems that conservatives love banning, as well.

This is true and has been going on for years, they don't see their own self imposed wall gardens. They want to be able to say what they want without any rebuttal, control speech. To me that always looked snowflake as fuck. But that said, I never thought legal free speech was in jeopardy with these online places doing that. I understood how and why it happened and it had nothing to do with the 1rst, just ironic that these were the people doing this. I didn't decide I was anti-gov't because they did this. I didn't feel the urge to break things because the did this. I didn't play around with overthrowing the gov't because of their walled gardens.

Nah they are having some upstairs issues. They feel they are so right in all of this and at best both sides have some points and some warts, but there still really is a lot of commonality, I really feel the core is an economical one that if many were doing better they'd be much more content to watch Office reruns on their new TV and furniture. But they won't step back. I'm convinced their world if we were so blessed to live it, it would be at best no better than what we have now, just a minor deviation. Just history repeating itself and then what are they going to do with things they find controversial but are really freedoms we have today? They are going to ban those and once again back to the irony, the freedom yellers really want more restrictions than what we currently have, just a different mix of which.

Jan 14, 2021, 10:38
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 14, 2021, 10:38
Jan 14, 2021, 10:38

LordSteev wrote on Jan 14, 2021, 08:25:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 14, 2021, 08:01:
LordSteev wrote on Jan 14, 2021, 07:47:
It's wild hearing Republicans crying about free speech when they want to disregard the votes of hundreds of thousands of citizens in order to prop up their false god Trump.

What is a better example of free speech than your sacred vote? Each one counts as equally as any other. The gall of these bloated assholes is truly amazing.
Yeah, their calls for "unity" instead of impeachment are so hypocritical it boggles the mind. Where was their desire for "unity" when 139 House members and 8 Senators voted to overturn the duly elected, certified, and upheld by the courts, state electoral votes. There would be no impeachment vote if they had simply stated the truth about the election from the start and called on Trump to do the same. Without any support from the GOP, it never would have reached the point of insurrection. And the fact that some of them are still claiming an unfair or improper election is beyond infuriating, and in my personal opinion treasonous.

I feel queeze building in my stomach hearing things like 'this will only divide the country further', or 'now is the time to put partisan differences aside so the nation can heal' coming from the mouths of the same Trump puppets who backed his lies and helped stir the flames for 4 years running. They tried to make any rational thinking Democrat look like a 'radicle left-wing communist' and just generally went along with every lie he told for four years running. If ever there was an argument for term limits in the Senate and House, these Psychofants are it. The ones who insisted on holding up their false narrative even after the Capitol was stormed should be kicked out of the government and banned from public office for life.
fujiJuice wrote on Jan 14, 2021, 08:19:
There it is! When you blatantly and willingly lie to the people that elected you, for months, simply because you don't want to upset Trump, you are no better, in fact you are worse. They formented hate simply to raise money and now they want to push back the genie back in the bottle and pretend that didn't happen? They admitted ahead of time that their actions would have no legal effect, it was simply political theater to not upset the Don and his supporters precious feelings, and people died because of it. The behavior of children given tools beyond their comprehension or understanding.
Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 14, 2021, 06:52:
On a related note, there was reporting that some GOP House members were "in tears" from fear because they believed if they voted for the second impeachment of Trump it would result in threats of violence/harm against themselves and their families. And while I might have some limited sympathy for that situation, the fact they are in that situation should be proof beyond any measure the necessity of impeaching and convicting Trump. And if they can't see that and vote for impeachment, then they should resign their offices.
+100% to ALL the above.

removed
Jan 14, 2021, 10:37
removed Jan 14, 2021, 10:37
Jan 14, 2021, 10:37

* REMOVED *

This comment was deleted on Jan 14, 2021, 10:40. Reason: Intolerance - Don't push this kind of thing here again.

Jan 14, 2021, 08:25
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 14, 2021, 08:25
Jan 14, 2021, 08:25

It's wild hearing Republicans crying about free speech when they want to disregard the votes of hundreds of thousands of citizens in order to prop up their false god Trump.

What is a better example of free speech than your sacred vote? Each one counts as equally as any other. The gall of these bloated assholes is truly amazing.
Yeah, their calls for "unity" instead of impeachment are so hypocritical it boggles the mind. Where was their desire for "unity" when 139 House members and 8 Senators voted to overturn the duly elected, certified, and upheld by the courts, state electoral votes. There would be no impeachment vote if they had simply stated the truth about the election from the start and called on Trump to do the same. Without any support from the GOP, it never would have reached the point of insurrection. And the fact that some of them are still claiming an unfair or improper election is beyond infuriating, and in my personal opinion treasonous.

I feel queeze building in my stomach hearing things like 'this will only divide the country further', or 'now is the time to put partisan differences aside so the nation can heal' coming from the mouths of the same Trump puppets who backed his lies and helped stir the flames for 4 years running. They tried to make any rational thinking Democrat look like a 'radicle left-wing communist' and just generally went along with every lie he told for four years running. If ever there was an argument for term limits in the Senate and House, these Psychofants are it. The ones who insisted on holding up their false narrative even after the Capitol was stormed should be kicked out of the government and banned from public office for life.

Jan 14, 2021, 08:19
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 14, 2021, 08:19
Jan 14, 2021, 08:19

There it is! When you blatantly and willingly lie to the people that elected you, for months, simply because you don't want to upset Trump, you are no better, in fact you are worse. They formented hate simply to raise money and now they want to push back the genie back in the bottle and pretend that didn't happen? They admitted ahead of time that their actions would have no legal effect, it was simply political theater to not upset the Don and his supporters precious feelings, and people died because of it. The behavior of children given tools beyond their comprehension or understanding.

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 2021, 09:46.

Jan 14, 2021, 08:01
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 14, 2021, 08:01
Jan 14, 2021, 08:01

“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Jan 14, 2021, 07:58
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 14, 2021, 07:58
Jan 14, 2021, 07:58

The best was being banned from kotaku inaction, which specifically says it exists to defend freedom of speech

Jan 14, 2021, 07:47
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 14, 2021, 07:47
Jan 14, 2021, 07:47

Jan 14, 2021, 06:56
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 14, 2021, 06:56
Jan 14, 2021, 06:56

No doubt some of them will post their photos of them planning and then executing acts of extreme moronity on the 20th. Flying the flag of a democracy they now want to trash and lynch, how more stupid can you get.

You have got be seriously missing a few marbles to believe the lunatic fringe conspiracy theories these losers gobble up and spew.

They are losers who have zero confidence. They fear competition for jobs from anyone smarter than them especially if the competition is of color. They lack the will and intelligence to work within the democratic system. They lack the emotional stability to cope when they fail at that (lose an election). They can't accept the pitiful loser lives they have and are disparate to blame anyone else for their pitiful lives.

Until the republican party finds a way to get elected without using the Southern Strategy (i.e. appealing to racism, and keeping unruly redneck hooligans on their side with utter fantasy conspiracy theories), these tools will continue to increase in numbers. Given the pols of the right most recent denial and let's just sweep it under the rug and unite stance, it looks like they will be continuing to egg these Q-loons on.
"Meet the new Boss, same as the old Boss." - The Who.

Jan 14, 2021, 06:00
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 14, 2021, 06:00
Jan 14, 2021, 06:00

Jan 14, 2021, 03:00
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 14, 2021, 03:00
Jan 14, 2021, 03:00

Fascists deserve what they get. However these people are a symptom, not the disease itself. Just like the early far-right movements at the beginning of the 20th century. It's 2021. By 2039 we will have come full circle back to where we were in 1939 if things are left unchecked. However dealing with these far right groups will not be enough, like I said they are a symptom. The disease is inequality and poverty. The American dream is gone (if it ever existed) & it is almost impossible to break through the class barriers that exist today. The extremely high cost of secondary education, and the drop in quality in primary education only contributes to the problem, not to mention the lack of free basic healthcare. The huge incarceration rate of the US is another tape measure. Did you know that despite having 2% of the world's total population, the US has 38% of the world's total prison population?
Treat the disease, not the symptoms. As long as the so called democratic "liberal" left and the republican center or right keep pandering to the same moneyed interests, without introducing meaningful change, without implementing proper systems of wealth redistribution, without providing basic free healthcare, without providing at least a primary education of a certain level for most of it's citizens, then one of the results of that status-quo will be the rise of fascism in the US.

Jan 14, 2021, 02:13
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 14, 2021, 02:13
Jan 14, 2021, 02:13

The speech argument would be a lot more convincing if these far right nuts weren't organizing to find any and all ways to destroy the document that protects that right
Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older