16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Evening Legal Briefs
Jan 22, 2021, 15:08
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 22, 2021, 15:08
Jan 22, 2021, 15:08

jdreyer wrote on Jan 11, 2021, 21:57:
I've been looking for over the top comments on Parler, but I haven't found too many. L. Lin Wood called for Pence to be shot. Some police chief threatened violence against Dems (not even mortal violence) and got fired. A few others, but not much else. Is there a list (not the leaked 70TB) somewhere that someone has collected?

here
snip
The Flying Penguin wrote on Jan 22, 2021, 12:25:
Gizmodo posted some examples of posts submitted by Amazon for the lawsuit here (not posting them verbatim as it would likely violate the TOS on Blues):

https://gizmodo.com/amazon-court-filing-includes-chilling-death-threats-pub-1846048394

Jan 15, 2021, 08:41
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 15, 2021, 08:41
Jan 15, 2021, 08:41

Yep, it is bad. No doubt about it, and there is no quick and easy solution. This is the culmination of at least 30 years (probably more) of us/them politics. I said it before and I'll say it again -- I can understand why people would have voted for Trump in 2016. But after everything he said and did as president to vote for him again shows a total disconnect from reality. And 74 million plus voted for Trump anyway. Now, not all 74 million are bat shit crazy like the ones who stormed the capital, but they are puppets to the people willing to manipulate them. If anyone has good ideas on how to remove those strings, I haven't heard them.
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Jan 15, 2021, 01:07
Jivaro

Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 15, 2021, 01:07
Jan 15, 2021, 01:07
 Jivaro

jdreyer wrote on Jan 12, 2021, 14:18:
Jonjonz wrote on Jan 12, 2021, 06:48:
"i still don't understand where their anger comes from. at least muslim extremists have centuries of bloodshed as a basis. these assholes have nothing but being sore losers. "

LBJ said it best: "If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."

The Trumpoloon did his worst to legitimize these losers, people with such poor self confidence they fear competing with anyone accept other white trash losers, and he also encouraged them to act out their worst fantasies.

Fan the flames of these wack jobs and you get things like Oklahoma City, Charlottesville, the recent Capital fiasco, and ultimately another Waco.

I'm pretty worried about an Oklahoma City style event on Jan 20. Stunned

And you should be worried, we all should be. It might not be in Washington DC but I feel like something tragic is right around the corner. After this level of crazy....I am at "When do the suicide bombers try to charge the White House gates?"

I have joked about moving out of the country (again) before, but this shit is way to real for me now. If my own step-sister can be this nutty and intentionally hide it for so long how in the fuck am I supposed to trust the average stranger that actually puts that Trump sticker or confederate flag on their truck to not be even more extreme? I am about to turn 47, just got a new education, and I only got so much family left. It might be time to take what is left and find a place where maybe I have to give up some things I am used to here in the states but I live out my elder years without having to worry about getting killed by an extremist that lives next door or something. I am being serious here. I probably wouldn't be considering it if I hadn't already lived outside the country before but I am seriously spooked. Maybe America isn't for me anymore. I don't know. The mental gymnastics it takes to somehow know a man is not safe to give an Internet platform to and censor him...but let him still sit in the White House? I know there is a process but the process is obviously broken when the VP has to basically run for his life from the President supporters and STILL there is no action taken. It's party over people and country. In Mike Pence's case it appears to be party over his own life because Trump would have sacrificed him that day and blamed anybody but his supporters for it.
When the Democrats take over it might get slightly better (and by that I mean calmer) but I have zero faith that this will be good enough for half the country. Then we are right back where we started. Maybe Trump doesn't run in 2024, but that just means someone will see that void and attempt to fill it. Are Trump's supporters just going to go quietly into the night? I just don't think so and I really would blame myself at this point if any of my family members were injured or killed by some Trumper because I know myself. I have caught myself trying to take blame for my step-sister's actions. The world is just too big and too varied to sit here pretending it will just all go away when we all know that isn't how these things work. There are so many nations and cultures that have figured out so many of these cultural and political issues already and we just lag behind more and more. It's killing me. America is so lost that people are are dying from COVID19 (400000+ now) and simultaneously denying COVID19 exists. Literally simultaneously, as some go to their choking, spewing death believing the healthcare system is part of the "Deep State". Screaming it at a doctor between coughing and spewing. I saw that in person. It broke me that day to see a person so deluded that even when his last breath he was so filled with hate and denial. Had he even had the slightest of an open mind and treated his symptoms early on instead of calling it a "cold" and ignoring it....he would probably be alive. 2020 was harsh on my psyche, but January 6th might have been last straw for me.

I am not built for this mentally. It is so incredibly depressing.

This comment was edited on Jan 15, 2021, 01:54.

Jan 12, 2021, 14:18
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 12, 2021, 14:18
Jan 12, 2021, 14:18

Jonjonz wrote on Jan 12, 2021, 06:48:
"i still don't understand where their anger comes from. at least muslim extremists have centuries of bloodshed as a basis. these assholes have nothing but being sore losers. "

LBJ said it best: "If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."

The Trumpoloon did his worst to legitimize these losers, people with such poor self confidence they fear competing with anyone accept other white trash losers, and he also encouraged them to act out their worst fantasies.

Fan the flames of these wack jobs and you get things like Oklahoma City, Charlottesville, the recent Capital fiasco, and ultimately another Waco.

I'm pretty worried about an Oklahoma City style event on Jan 20. Stunned
"Even after you've had the COVID-19 vaccine, you still need to wash hands, watch distance and wear a mask because you can still transmit the virus even though you're not going to get sick." - NIH Director Dr. Francis Collins

Jan 12, 2021, 14:16
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 12, 2021, 14:16
Jan 12, 2021, 14:16

Saboth wrote on Jan 12, 2021, 05:45:
1badmf wrote on Jan 12, 2021, 01:27:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 11, 2021, 23:36:
I've been looking for over the top comments on Parler, but I haven't found too many. L. Lin Wood called for Pence to be shot. Some police chief threatened violence against Dems (not even mortal violence) and got fired. A few others, but not much else. Is there a list (not the leaked 70TB) somewhere that someone has collected?
What is it you’re looking for.
In the meantime enjoy this https://thedonald.win/ and https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2021/01/05/parler-telegram-violence-dc-protests/

i still don't understand where their anger comes from. at least muslim extremists have centuries of bloodshed as a basis. these assholes have nothing but being sore losers.

They've been brainwashed by propaganda masquerading as news for 40 years. We really need to do something about Fox/Newsmax/OANN and others radicalizing US citizens against their government with lies and propaganda. Absolutely no different than what ISIS and Al Qaeda does. Sedition, nationalism and treason masquerading as religious freedom and patriotism.

The left-wing equivalent is something like anti-vaxxers. These people get into echo chambers and stop thinking critically. You've always had people with crackpot ideas, but the internet allows them to come together in a single place and radicalize and reinforce their beliefs.
"Even after you've had the COVID-19 vaccine, you still need to wash hands, watch distance and wear a mask because you can still transmit the virus even though you're not going to get sick." - NIH Director Dr. Francis Collins

Jan 12, 2021, 14:14
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 12, 2021, 14:14
Jan 12, 2021, 14:14

In the meantime enjoy this https://thedonald.win/ and https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2021/01/05/parler-telegram-violence-dc-protests/

When someone says to me "There was nothing wrong with Parler!" I want something to point to. I also want to look at the source material.

Jan 12, 2021, 07:58
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 12, 2021, 07:58
Jan 12, 2021, 07:58

Saboth wrote on Jan 12, 2021, 05:45:
Absolutely no different than what ISIS and Al Qaeda does. Sedition, nationalism and treason masquerading as religious freedom and patriotism.
Well, there are some differences. The US right wing radicals have not experienced other nations invading them or bombing their country. But yes, the tribalism is the same. Although as I type that, it occurs to me that some of them would say immigrants are invading the country. This despite the fact they are immigrants or the descendants of immigrants. But you know, they don't believe in that whole logic thing...

Jan 12, 2021, 06:48
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 12, 2021, 06:48
Jan 12, 2021, 06:48

"Meet the new Boss, same as the old Boss." - The Who.

Jan 12, 2021, 05:45
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 12, 2021, 05:45
Jan 12, 2021, 05:45

1badmf wrote on Jan 12, 2021, 01:27:

i still don't understand where their anger comes from. at least muslim extremists have centuries of bloodshed as a basis. these assholes have nothing but being sore losers.

They've been brainwashed by propaganda masquerading as news for 40 years. We really need to do something about Fox/Newsmax/OANN and others radicalizing US citizens against their government with lies and propaganda. Absolutely no different than what ISIS and Al Qaeda does. Sedition, nationalism and treason masquerading as religious freedom and patriotism.

Jan 12, 2021, 01:27
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 12, 2021, 01:27
Jan 12, 2021, 01:27

Jan 11, 2021, 23:36
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 11, 2021, 23:36
Jan 11, 2021, 23:36

Jan 11, 2021, 23:25
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 11, 2021, 23:25
Jan 11, 2021, 23:25

Pfft, yeah, good luck with that, lulz. So they're going to waste what little money they have on a frivolous lawsuit? Yeah, that's about the intelligence you can expect from hillbillies. I mean don't do anything clever like take your business off shore where a host won't care who you are so long as you can pay, and you have the added advantage of lower taxes. But that would make sense.

Fuck, I hate having a moral compass. I could have made a lot of money robbing widows and orphans otherwise.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Jan 11, 2021, 21:57
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 11, 2021, 21:57
Jan 11, 2021, 21:57

Jan 11, 2021, 21:38
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 11, 2021, 21:38
Jan 11, 2021, 21:38

I would say Amazon should counter sue and take all their money, but they probably don't have very much. Although I assume they were paying their AWS bill, so maybe Amazon should...

Jan 11, 2021, 21:18
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 11, 2021, 21:18
Jan 11, 2021, 21:18

EricFate wrote on Jan 11, 2021, 21:07:
Guess they should have read the terms of service.
Suing the richest man in the world. Smart move.

Things could be much worse for Amazon, it could be what happened to the Twitter headquarters today.
ONLY ONE PERSON SHOWED UP TO THE PRO-TRUMP PROTEST OUTSIDE TWITTER’S SAN FRANCISCO HQ

Jan 11, 2021, 21:07
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 11, 2021, 21:07
Jan 11, 2021, 21:07

Guess they should have read the terms of service.
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older