79 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older

Re: Evening Metaverse
Jan 10, 2021, 18:09
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 10, 2021, 18:09
Jan 10, 2021, 18:09

Fauci Says Immunity from Trump Requires Two Doses of Impeachment

Acknowledging that two doses of impeachment, taken a year apart, have never been tested before, Fauci said, “We’re in an emergency situation here.”

The epidemiologist said that people are working on the second dose of impeachment “around the clock,” and that it could be ready as soon as Monday.

“It’s truly remarkable how fast they’ve been able to come up with it,” he said. “We’re talking warp speed.”
Neal Borowitz
The way to combat noxious ideas is with other ideas. The way to combat falsehoods is with truth.
U.S. Supreme Court Justice
William O. Douglas

Jan 10, 2021, 15:51
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 10, 2021, 15:51
Jan 10, 2021, 15:51

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 9, 2021, 21:53:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 9, 2021, 17:29:
...KY and TX do not...

As a Texan who voted, this was not true in my experience for the recent election. We were given a rather large Scantron-ish piece of paper that we fed in to a machine that we actually did the voting on. Once we were finished, it spit the paper out and we had to deposit it through a very narrow slot on a double padlocked, steel box. Since I live in a very rural area with a small population, my parents' neighbors were working the polls. I asked them why the duality and it was specifically so that, if needed, the paper ballots could be compared against the results produced by digital tabulation.

At the last presidential election, we used a paper ballot and #2 pencils to fill in bubbles on our ballets after they had been stamped as matching my state issued ID with a number and signature of the person who checked my ID.

I am not sure if the "no paper trail" is a county by county thing, but I would not state it is a statewide issue when it comes to Texas.
Good to know, thanks. Yeah, every county in every state should have some kind of paper trail with random manual audits to ensure the accuracy of the machines.
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

Jan 10, 2021, 00:59
NKD
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 10, 2021, 00:59
Jan 10, 2021, 00:59
NKD

Beamer wrote on Jan 9, 2021, 16:34:
What's odd is that several of our largest Trump supporters, including those overseas, haven't been seen since before the election.

Not all, but probably half.

I was just thinking about this earlier today when I noticed that Australian Trump guy still hadn't been on since October 28th. Hope he's coping okay.

Jan 9, 2021, 22:31
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 9, 2021, 22:31
Jan 9, 2021, 22:31

Amen, BoP.
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Jan 9, 2021, 21:53
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 9, 2021, 21:53
Jan 9, 2021, 21:53

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 9, 2021, 17:29:
...KY and TX do not...

As a Texan who voted, this was not true in my experience for the recent election. We were given a rather large Scantron-ish piece of paper that we fed in to a machine that we actually did the voting on. Once we were finished, it spit the paper out and we had to deposit it through a very narrow slot on a double padlocked, steel box. Since I live in a very rural area with a small population, my parents' neighbors were working the polls. I asked them why the duality and it was specifically so that, if needed, the paper ballots could be compared against the results produced by digital tabulation.

At the last presidential election, we used a paper ballot and #2 pencils to fill in bubbles on our ballets after they had been stamped as matching my state issued ID with a number and signature of the person who checked my ID.

I am not sure if the "no paper trail" is a county by county thing, but I would not state it is a statewide issue when it comes to Texas.

//|---|\\

As for finding "common ground" with my fellow Americans, I share no common ground with anyone who believes that their liberty hinges on the lack of liberty for another. Either we all have equitable liberty or none of us have it. There is no compromise, there is no discussion. Moreover, I have absolutely no common ground with anyone who believes they are superior to another human being due to a difference in melanin levels, economic value, monetary value, preferred language, sexual orientation, or the rest of the long list that bigots like to use to excuse and promote their bigotry.

Lastly, I am descended from people who fought for the Confederacy. Let me make this very clear. They were fucking losers who lacked even the most rudimentary of moral or ethical compasses. They were not to be idolized nor are they to be imitated. They were reprehensible shitstains who were the very worst that America had to offer. The Confederate Battle Flag in the Capitol was a goddamned travesty. Those holding it aloft are enemies of the republic and, by definition, domestic terrorists. They should be given no quarter and hammered with the full force of the law. Again, I have zero common ground with domestic terrorists or those who would support them, their ideals, or stand idly by why they operate on home soil.
"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

There are two types of computer users: Masochists and Linux users.

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net . Pl

Jan 9, 2021, 17:29
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 9, 2021, 17:29
Jan 9, 2021, 17:29

jdreyer wrote on Jan 9, 2021, 15:58:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 9, 2021, 12:57:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 9, 2021, 02:32:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 9, 2021, 01:35:
Lets talk about Kentucky and how blue counties got over 200% of registered R votes and Dems only got 20% of theirs, from a Senator that was historically low in approval and how Kentucky uses the other company who makes voting machines and which conveniently don't have paper trails. Trump would only attack the other voting system. To note TX has the same no paper trail as Kentucky.

Huh, I hadn't heard that. Got a link?

Let me know you seen this, otherwise I post in a newer thread that makes some sense to do it in:

https://www.dcreport.org/2020/12/19/mitch-mcconnells-re-election-the-numbers-dont-add-up/

That's pretty damning. Aren't there paper ballots that can be hand-counted to verify the accuracy of the voting machines? Also, how did the election differ from the exit poll data? I couldn't find any other articles covering this.

In some states not. PA and GA went to a printed ballot this go around just because of potential fraud issues. KY and TX do not so one could simply hack into the DB and change the values and there ya go, no way to check. Pure BS system there.

I'm first going with Trump drums all this up ahead of time in the case he losses, he has people already thinking that way. But to make this even more devious on all ends is Trump knew he had the election rigged to the yang and the only way to beat him was to rig it on your end. So a takes one to know one.

I won't buy that unless it was proven in court. What I can buy though is no paper trail machines is pure BS ripe for fraud and look who has those vs those that don't.

Jan 9, 2021, 16:39
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 9, 2021, 16:39
Jan 9, 2021, 16:39

Beamer wrote on Jan 9, 2021, 16:34:
What's odd is that several of our largest Trump supporters, including those overseas, haven't been seen since before the election.

IKR
Isn't it refreshing.
Even the anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers have remained relatively scarce.
The way to combat noxious ideas is with other ideas. The way to combat falsehoods is with truth.
William O. Douglas

Jan 9, 2021, 16:34
Beamer

Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 9, 2021, 16:34
Jan 9, 2021, 16:34
 Beamer

Jan 9, 2021, 16:15
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 9, 2021, 16:15
Jan 9, 2021, 16:15

jdreyer wrote on Jan 9, 2021, 16:09:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 9, 2021, 16:04:
Newly elected 35yo Dumbfuck Derrick Evans resigns W.Va. House after entering U.S. Capitol with mob

He was also arrested.
And released on a pr bond.
William O. Douglas

Jan 9, 2021, 16:13
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 9, 2021, 16:13
Jan 9, 2021, 16:13

Xil wrote on Jan 9, 2021, 10:03:
Acleacius wrote on Jan 9, 2021, 03:04:

@ Xil - Belarus is considered a dicklesstatorship like putt'in around, therefore it's not a Free Pass.
In general, Free Passes are for people fighting for democracy and freedom from oppressive governments. Hong Kong for example.

jdreyer wrote on Jan 9, 2021,:

Companies are free to set whatever rules they want and enforce them however they want, as long as they aren't discriminating against protected classes like minorities.

I guess i did not explain it well enough, yes i know companies can enforce their rules, but it always from their point of view.

What mean is that a company as huge as twitter is can thus determin what it thinks the world should and should not read, i find that scary..... that is all

Well this is a sticky issue, but that's true everywhere. There are rules on this BBS and my own BBS for example. If you break a rule, your post can be deleted. If you continue you can be banned.

Anyone can find a soap box, especially in the Internet era. In the past you could always send a letter to the editorial department of a newspaper. They still do. You should see the crazy stuff they post on the editorial page of my local rag (I live near The Villages in Florida - MAGA central). About the only thing they ban is outright threats and racist language. There are always guidelines.

Heck you can literally stand on a soap box on a street corner and talk your arse off, but (classic civics, if it's still taught in school) you are still under laws that prevent you from claiming that there's a fire when there isn't, or using hate speech, or instigating a criminal act.

I personally believe people should go to the trouble of setting up their own BBS or blog if they want their own soap box. I only use Twitter to follow around a dozen people I'm interested in. Rarely post anything myself, and don't accept friend requests. Facecrook I grudgingly use just to keep in touch with a few family. When I want to rant, or review something, or give technical advice that I'd like to share with others, or share a funny meme, I post it on my BBS where it's searchable via search engines.

As for Trump claiming he's muzzled, that's ridiculous. Twitter freely admits that if Donald Trump was a regular citizen, he would have been banned a long time ago. And I think they should have. But he's still the President. He has a communications staff, for crying out loud. He can release anything he wants through them, which is what he did when they killed his Twitter account, and blocked his attempt to use other accounts yesterday. His claim that the fake news media won't let his word get out is nonsense. The man has Ruppert Murdock on his speed dial. He picks up the phone and calls into Fox & Friends on a weekly basis to rant for a half hour. He can pickup the phone and instantly get on the air on Fox News, Oan, Newsmax, or any of dozens of MAGA leaning radio shows or podcasts on a moment's notice. And trust me, he'll continue doing that after Jan 20th.

Or heck, maybe he can just have a White House press conference. What a novel idea.
“Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship…The object of power is power.” - George Orwell, 1984

Jan 9, 2021, 16:09
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 9, 2021, 16:09
Jan 9, 2021, 16:09

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 9, 2021, 16:04:
Newly elected 35yo Dumbfuck Derrick Evans resigns W.Va. House after entering U.S. Capitol with mob

He was also arrested.
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

Jan 9, 2021, 16:08
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 9, 2021, 16:08
Jan 9, 2021, 16:08

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 9, 2021, 14:53:
'Now The World Gets To See The Difference': BLM Protesters On The Capitol Attack
NPR

My biggest concern is that Trump pardons the rioters before leaving office, and the message that leaves to future presidential supporters that don't like the results of an election. That's one reason (of many) why he needs to be removed from power this weekend.

Jan 9, 2021, 16:04
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 9, 2021, 16:04

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 9, 2021, 13:51:
Exactly there was a war going on behind the scenes with voting machine mfg's and who has the one's that don't have a paper trail? R's. It almost always come back to those fucks and they again they know what they do so they immediately put blame, the onus on the other party to muddy the waters. As an independent that is what I'm seeing.

Yeah, this may have been going on for decades.

Whether Hagel’s relationship to ES&S ensured his victory is open to speculation. But the surprising scale of his win awakened a new fear among voting-rights activists and raised a disturbing question: Who controls the new technology of Election Night?

“Why would someone who owns a voting-machine company want to run for office?” asked Charlie Matulka, a Democrat who contested Hagel’s Senate seat in 2002. Speaking at a press conference shortly before the election, he added: “Is this the fox guarding the henhouse?” A construction worker with limited funding and name recognition, Matulka was obviously a less formidable competitor than Nelson. Still, Hagel won an astonishing 83 percent of the vote—among the largest margins of victory in any statewide race in Nebraska’s history. And with nearly 400,000 registered Democrats on the rolls, Matulka managed to scrape up only 70,290 votes.
Emphasis mine. Very similar to your Kentucky story.

Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 9, 2021, 16:04

William O. Douglas

Jan 9, 2021, 15:58
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 9, 2021, 15:58
Jan 9, 2021, 15:58

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 9, 2021, 12:57:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 9, 2021, 02:32:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 9, 2021, 01:35:
Lets talk about Kentucky and how blue counties got over 200% of registered R votes and Dems only got 20% of theirs, from a Senator that was historically low in approval and how Kentucky uses the other company who makes voting machines and which conveniently don't have paper trails. Trump would only attack the other voting system. To note TX has the same no paper trail as Kentucky.

Huh, I hadn't heard that. Got a link?

Let me know you seen this, otherwise I post in a newer thread that makes some sense to do it in:

https://www.dcreport.org/2020/12/19/mitch-mcconnells-re-election-the-numbers-dont-add-up/

That's pretty damning. Aren't there paper ballots that can be hand-counted to verify the accuracy of the voting machines? Also, how did the election differ from the exit poll data? I couldn't find any other articles covering this.

Jan 9, 2021, 15:57
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 9, 2021, 15:57
Jan 9, 2021, 15:57

jdreyer wrote on Jan 9, 2021, 15:42:
Beamer wrote on Jan 9, 2021, 10:41:
It's so odd that people think a guy holding large rallies during a pandemic was the obvious front runner.

Justin Bieber gets bigger crowds. Would he have won?

And weird that the same people don't understand why most Americans found those rallies horrifying and worth voting away

Fortunately, Beebs is Canadian, so he's ineligible to run for president. But I wouldn't put it past Americans to elect someone similar again.
There are many other musicians that pack stadiums larger than 45.
for example
Sarah McLachlan, Carly Rae Jepsen, Neil Young, Alanis Morissette and Bryan Adams just to name a few.
William O. Douglas

Jan 9, 2021, 15:53
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 9, 2021, 15:53
Jan 9, 2021, 15:53

jdreyer wrote on Jan 9, 2021, 15:40:
What mean is that a company as huge as twitter is can thus determin what it thinks the world should and should not read, i find that scary..... that is all

It's in Twitter's (and Facebook's) interest to be as accommodating to as many people as possible. That's how they make their money. In order to be removed one must truly have posted the most egregious content again and again.

Right, that actually hurt their bottom line because you know many drones dropped Twitter that moment to and they knew that. But at some point you have to stand for something just.

Jan 9, 2021, 15:52
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 9, 2021, 15:52
Jan 9, 2021, 15:52

Beamer wrote on Jan 9, 2021, 14:17:
I'm so fed up with people saying Twitter banning Trump is something you'd see in China.

In China, when a business stands up to the government, the CEO disappears. Jack Ma was the most powerful Chinese businessman. He was lightly critical of the government and he disappeared. Hasn't been seen in months.

In the US, Twitter stands up to the government, is allowed to, and somehow people think this is like China.

How out of touch with reality are these people?

Agreed hyperbole, always worse case the slippery slope immediately at any chance you get. That right there creates a cult listening to this over time and gets nothing done, just pent up hate, aka where we are at. Rush L. was a master of that back in the day when I listed to him (90's).

Jan 9, 2021, 15:42
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 9, 2021, 15:42
Jan 9, 2021, 15:42

Beamer wrote on Jan 9, 2021, 10:41:
It's so odd that people think a guy holding large rallies during a pandemic was the obvious front runner.

Justin Bieber gets bigger crowds. Would he have won?

And weird that the same people don't understand why most Americans found those rallies horrifying and worth voting away

Fortunately, Beebs is Canadian, so he's ineligible to run for president. But I wouldn't put it past Americans to elect someone similar again.

Jan 9, 2021, 15:40
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 9, 2021, 15:40
Jan 9, 2021, 15:40

It's in Twitter's (and Facebook's) interest to be as accommodating to as many people as possible. That's how they make their money. In order to be removed one must truly have posted the most egregious content again and again.
79 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older