21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Evening Metaverse
Jan 8, 2021, 18:19
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 8, 2021, 18:19
Jan 8, 2021, 18:19

Trump has barred Pence’s chief of staff, Marc Short, from the White House.

Is it finally time that we can do something about the toddler, or are there still people that think he walks on water.

Trump Retaliates Against Pence By Banning VP’s Chief of Staff From White House Grounds

Jan 8, 2021, 17:51
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 8, 2021, 17:51
Jan 8, 2021, 17:51

NKD wrote on Jan 8, 2021, 17:09:
I'd rather see the effort spent prosecuting the insurrectionists and giving them the maximum punishment allowed under the law. Every last person who can be identified in the footage should be tried and convicted for sedition .

I agree with the need to do that. But there is a common theme in the US (and likely other countries) of punishing what amount to foot soldiers and middle managers, while the people at the heads of movements continue on to either comfortable lives, or new plans to exploit people. The rich and powerful need to have justice delivered the same as the poor and powerless, perhaps even more so.

Jan 8, 2021, 17:42
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 8, 2021, 17:42
Jan 8, 2021, 17:42

NKD wrote on Jan 8, 2021, 17:09:
I'd rather see the effort spent prosecuting the insurrectionists and giving them the maximum punishment allowed under the law. Every last person who can be identified in the footage should be tried and convicted for sedition .
I agree that those scum should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

As for what somebody else posted about the the cost of either declaring him mentally incompetent or impeaching him.
The 25th Amendment wouldn't cost very much.

And the funding and resources for an impeachment comes out of a different bucket than the money for prosecuting the losers and their failed coup.
They could easy rush an impeachment vote in the house and might even have enough votes.
It doesn't have to go to a senate trial because we know how that will turn out as long as minority leader Moscow Mitch is anywhere near it. They wouldn't even allow evidence in the last trial.

My fear is that he will resign with a handshake deal with pence and the vp will pardon him.

I just find it odd how 45 destroys everything he touches yet people voted him in, and sure enough he tried to destroy the United States.

Jan 8, 2021, 17:09
NKD
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 8, 2021, 17:09
Jan 8, 2021, 17:09
NKD

Jan 8, 2021, 14:23
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 8, 2021, 14:23
Jan 8, 2021, 14:23

They can probably get an impeachment vote done prior to the 20th. But there is no way they would complete a trial in the Senate by then. It is already being reported there is not sufficient support within the cabinet to activate the 25th amendment.
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Jan 8, 2021, 14:07
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 8, 2021, 14:07
Jan 8, 2021, 14:07

Choobeastia wrote on Jan 8, 2021, 12:53:

Agreed, but getting him out of office prevents him from using the powers of said office. He can't pardon any of the insurrectionists, or use the presidency as a soapbox from which to speak to his cultists. It won't fix things, and of course the cultists can continue on their own, but it can limit the damage he can do, which seems important. As it is, the US has proven rather resilient, considering the hubris infecting him and so many others in power.

Waste of taxpayer money to even attempt impeachment or 25th amendment. With the amount of time he has left in office the chance of them even completing an attempt is miniscule. Enough of my tax dollars were wasted on the first impeachment attempt already.

Jan 8, 2021, 12:53
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 8, 2021, 12:53
Jan 8, 2021, 12:53

D-Rock wrote on Jan 8, 2021, 11:57:
Choobeastia wrote on Jan 8, 2021, 11:08:
This also isn't over. It is important that we get Trump out of office ASAP, because the Q crowd are still planning things based off of his latest speech on Parler.

Do you really think getting Trump out of office will change anything? Expect at least 4 years of their antics. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

Agreed, but getting him out of office prevents him from using the powers of said office. He can't pardon any of the insurrectionists, or use the presidency as a soapbox from which to speak to his cultists. It won't fix things, and of course the cultists can continue on their own, but it can limit the damage he can do, which seems important. As it is, the US has proven rather resilient, considering the hubris infecting him and so many others in power.

Jan 8, 2021, 11:57
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 8, 2021, 11:57
Jan 8, 2021, 11:57

This also isn't over. It is important that we get Trump out of office ASAP, because the Q crowd are still planning things based off of his latest speech on Parler.

Do you really think getting Trump out of office will change anything? Expect at least 4 years of their antics. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

Jan 8, 2021, 11:27
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 8, 2021, 11:27
Jan 8, 2021, 11:27

The vast majority claiming this wasn't am attempted coup that petered out after meeting resistance is engaged in willful denial in an attempt to soften the guilt that rests on them for supporting it. Thankfully, Kevin Sorbo has presented us with a nice 4 part play concerning it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ErLwunVXYAEeuwS?format=jpg&name=large
If the topic wasn't so serious, it would almost be amusing...

Jan 8, 2021, 11:08
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 8, 2021, 11:08
Jan 8, 2021, 11:08

I don't comment TOO often because this is usually a pretty... spicy comment section! But there are some things you can't really be silent about.

The assault on the Capitol Building WAS absolutely a failed attempted Coup. White Nationalists, Hate Groups, and more had been active in the DC area for days, and just prior to the beginning of the active part of the insurrection President Trump was giving a speech filled with lies about the election, and telling people to go to the Capitol, and that he would be with them. Then he vanished, and left them holding the bag.

The vast majority claiming this wasn't am attempted coup that petered out after meeting resistance is engaged in willful denial in an attempt to soften the guilt that rests on them for supporting it. Thankfully, Kevin Sorbo has presented us with a nice 4 part play concerning it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ErLwunVXYAEeuwS?format=jpg&name=large

As you can see, he is right there for it, until he needs to deflect.

Re: How to Use OpenPGP Encryption for Emails in Thunderbird.
Jan 8, 2021, 10:15
Re: How to Use OpenPGP Encryption for Emails in Thunderbird. Jan 8, 2021, 10:15
Jan 8, 2021, 10:15

If you had asked me in the 1990s, I probably would have guessed by 2021 all email would routinely be encrypted by some form of PGP or a similar technology. But it just hasn't penetrated very far into people's usage.

removed
Jan 8, 2021, 09:41
removed Jan 8, 2021, 09:41
Jan 8, 2021, 09:41

* REMOVED *

This comment was deleted on Jan 8, 2021, 10:06. Reason: Personal attacks (rule 1)

Jan 8, 2021, 08:21
Beamer

Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 8, 2021, 08:21
Jan 8, 2021, 08:21
 Beamer

edaciousx wrote on Jan 8, 2021, 02:12:
Beamer wrote on Jan 7, 2021, 23:25:
Grast wrote on Jan 7, 2021, 23:17:
So riddle me this, Why did Twitch not suspend the many creators which were supporting BLM and Antifa as they murdered and burned their way through the US for the last year? Hummmmm.

Because:

1) BLM isn't antifa, antifa isn't really a group, and most of the rioters weren't the protestors, and vice versa

2) they weren't murdering

3) they did not storm the Capitol in an attempt at a coup

How can you say any of those things...

1) they aren't the same group but they did merge together and riot together.

2) yes they were. David Dorn? Aaron Danielson? The guy in Texas protecting his business with a sword? Kenosha riots?

3) It was not a COUP. They walked in with FLAGS and literally took selfies and walked inside the cordoned off lines. They had no clue what they were doing, they were just mindlessly walking in because of mob mentality. There literally was no plan.

Your first point is entirely wrong. I'm in NYC. The protests and the looting weren't near each other. One was opportunistic and not politically motivated

And yes, one guy in antifa did murder two far right activists. But that's about it. Your Texas sword guy was A) a misleading video edited by far right news (where'd you read about it?) that the police said wasn't accurate (sword guy was instigating violence) and B) not a murder because he's alive.
Meanwhile, far right people killed at least two police officers during the riots, off the top of my head. The same types storming in Wednesday.

Finally, their flags were for Trump first, America a distant second, The Confederacy not far behind that. Their goal was to disrupt government. That's a coup. They want to steal the election for Trump.

Why do you defend them? They're the type of people that think hundreds of thousands of fake votes were cast despite no evidence and huge attempts to show them that fact. The type that think Trump won because they can't wrap their heads around how unpopular he was. The type to ignore reality because it makes them unhappy

This comment was edited on Jan 8, 2021, 08:33.

Jan 8, 2021, 08:12
Beamer

Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 8, 2021, 08:12
Jan 8, 2021, 08:12
 Beamer

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 8, 2021, 07:43:
NSFW
Trae Crowder on Instagram: “The insanity in DC yesterday beats about any damn thing I ever seen, y’all.”
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CJwoXlABkDc/

Clicked expecting Tae Crowder. Was confused.

Jan 8, 2021, 07:43
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 8, 2021, 07:43
Jan 8, 2021, 07:43

NSFW
Trae Crowder on Instagram: “The insanity in DC yesterday beats about any damn thing I ever seen, y’all.”
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CJwoXlABkDc/

Jan 8, 2021, 06:35
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 8, 2021, 06:35
Jan 8, 2021, 06:35

Comrades Grast and Edaciousx, putin along says 'meet at super secret base, code red (haha red!)', over and out.

claims are based on a Washington Times report that cited facial recognition company XRVision, claiming it had "matched" two purported antifa members to "men inside the Senate." The company issued a statement calling the report a lie and clarifying that it had actually matched the photos to two members of a neo-Nazi organization and a QAnon supporter.
‘What is this bullshit that you people are doing?’
The worst criminal in human history, undeniably.
Beating and Gassing Americans for Jesus!
Ain't no tweetin, in jail jammies!

Jan 8, 2021, 04:19
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 8, 2021, 04:19
Jan 8, 2021, 04:19

edaciousx wrote on Jan 8, 2021, 02:12:
3) It was not a COUP. They walked in with FLAGS and literally took selfies and walked inside the cordoned off lines. They had no clue what they were doing, they were just mindlessly walking in because of mob mentality. There literally was no plan.

Is this the defense they will use at their inditement hearings?

YOUR HONOR! .... my client did not conduct a COUP .... my client did not know what the fuck they were doing, they were just following the seditious mod in and around the building and only doing what they were told by their leaders .... my client did not loot or destroy government property, it's the "people" property .... my client did not break into any private offices and take selfies, it's the "people" offices .... my client is a moron your honor, not a traitor ....

I hope they all get prison time, lose their jobs, and are written in the history books as the reason Trump, Trumptardisum, and the Q movement failed to destroy US democracy. I find the irony funny on how these people thought this was a good idea and would help their cause but in the long run, is now the excuse for the Trump enablers in Congress and some of his cult followers to "break" with their cult leader and is the final nail in the coffin of the last 4 year of his bullshit administration. As they "finally see the light" and see how bad Daddy Drumph is as they run for the exit doors to save their own skins.

I also find it hilarious that as to only looking out for himself, Trump is throwing the traitorous mob under the bus as he tries to save his own skin.

This comment was edited on Jan 8, 2021, 04:36.

Jan 8, 2021, 02:12
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 8, 2021, 02:12
Jan 8, 2021, 02:12

Beamer wrote on Jan 7, 2021, 23:25:
So riddle me this, Why did Twitch not suspend the many creators which were supporting BLM and Antifa as they murdered and burned their way through the US for the last year? Hummmmm.

Because:

1) BLM isn't antifa, antifa isn't really a group, and most of the rioters weren't the protestors, and vice versa

How can you say any of those things...

1) they aren't the same group but they did merge together and riot together.

2) yes they were. David Dorn? Aaron Danielson? The guy in Texas protecting his business with a sword? Kenosha riots?

Jan 8, 2021, 01:13
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 8, 2021, 01:13
Jan 8, 2021, 01:13

I guess if they asked these questions in Russian, it would be a little too obvious?

This comment was edited on Jan 8, 2021, 06:46.
‘What is this bullshit that you people are doing?’
The worst criminal in human history, undeniably.
Beating and Gassing Americans for Jesus!
Ain't no tweetin, in jail jammies!

Jan 7, 2021, 23:25
Beamer

Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 7, 2021, 23:25
Jan 7, 2021, 23:25
 Beamer

Because:

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older