inXile's Unannounced RPG Revealed

A group of current job openings at inXile Entertainment reveal plans for an unannounced game, as such listings often do. As noted on Twisted Voxel (thanks PCGamesN), the listings indicate this is a next-generation AAA RPG being created with Unreal Engine 4. Here's the abstract from the listing for an Art Director:
InXile Entertainment is looking for a talented and experienced Art Director for a next-generation role-playing game. The ideal candidate will be a passionate and creative innovator with experience leading and managing large art teams, combined with a proven track record in developing extraordinary visuals in modern RPGs and other games. Working directly with the Game Director and other project stakeholders, the Art Director is expected to set and maintain a high visual bar - and then help lead a AAA art team on one of the studio’s flagship titles. This is a rare opportunity to help bring an extraordinary new world to life with some of the industry’s most well-known gamemakers and storytellers.
View : : :

Re: inXile's Unannounced RPG Revealed
Jan 7, 2021, 08:22
Re: inXile's Unannounced RPG Revealed Jan 7, 2021, 08:22
Jan 7, 2021, 08:22

VaranDragon wrote on Jan 7, 2021, 02:46:
I bought Wasteland3 but somehow managed to gimp my characters in just the right way that I can't progress past a certain point. (I keep getting hammered) I actually like the game, Wasteland2 was a snoozefest by comparison, but I feel the game is still much too focused on combat and the tactical encounters than on the role playing aspects. Maybe I just suck at it. Will try it again at some point.

It's definitely combat heavy, and definitely favors ranged over melee, unless you have some very good weapons and armor. Grenades also don't scale well at all. That said, there is a save editor out there, which I have used purely to respec my guys a bit, since I made plenty of 'mistakes' in my pre-game and early game choices. Also, ambush/attacking first is far, far superior to letting the enemies start combat or catch you unaware. Almost ridiculously so. If you know you're going to have to fight, just attack first!

Specialized in 1 weapon >> mediocre in two weapons. I did make one purely skill guy, and everybody else is maybe 1 or 2 skills at high level besides their combat skill. Animal Tamer or whatever it's called is super strong in W3, even toaster repair isn't bad on a heavy weapons guy. It's weird. I'm going to replay the Wasteland 2 Director's Cut version again after I finish this, just to compare the two and refresh my memory.
Date
Subject
Author
Jan 7, 02:46Jan 7 02:46
Jan 7, 08:22Jan 7 08:22
  Re: inXile's Unannounced RPG Revealed
Jan 7, 11:37Jan 7 11:37