CD PROJEKT Facing Possible Cyberpunk 2077 Lawsuit

The New York Times article on Cyberpunk 2077 mentioned yesterday includes a link a Polish forum post suggesting CD PROJEKT may be facing a class action suit from investors over the bungled launch of Cyberpunk 2077. Here's a machine translation:
My name is Mikołaj Orzechowski, I am a Warsaw attorney and at the same time a CDPR investor. In connection with the recent events - and in particular the suspension of the sale of the CYBERPUNK 2077 product, we are currently analyzing, together with the team of the law firm, the grounds for bringing a class action together with the notification of the possibility of committing an offense under Art. 286 of the Penal Code. - misrepresentation in order to obtain financial benefits. If you are interested in participating in the above, please contact me at mikolaj.orzechowski@4bizzz.com. Contact is absolutely free, my entry is to verify whether to undertake the above activities yourself, or whether there are more people in a situation similar to me. We also prepare material, together with one of the web portals, on the rights of investors, if so clearly,
View : : :

Re: CD PROJEKT Facing Possible Cyberpunk 2077 Lawsuit
Dec 20, 2020, 18:37
Re: CD PROJEKT Facing Possible Cyberpunk 2077 Lawsuit Dec 20, 2020, 18:37
Dec 20, 2020, 18:37

Tom wrote on Dec 20, 2020, 17:50:
If management lies on investor calls about the state of the game, and then they botch the launch and have a subsequent stock drop, it's natural that someone is going to try to hold them responsible for those lies. What is weird or ambulance chasey about that?

I think the problem is that generally lawyers are such bald-faced liars themselves that when they accuse others of lying it's "pot calling the kettle black"...;) If this guy is a CDPR investor then he knows perfectly well that suing CDPR will help diminish his investment, however small that might be. It's way too soon to consider a lawsuit for damages, imo. Six months to a year from now would be the time to look at that to see if CDPR has taken the remedial measures called for in order to preserve a dividend for their investors. Witcher 3 is five years old and people are still buying the game--some even at ~$50 a pop, despite the fact that upon its release some people were disappointed! CP2077 isn't a month old, yet. If you are a customer and you don't like the game at all and you get your money back you have not been financially damaged and financial damages must exist if a lawsuit has any hope of collecting.
It is well known that I don't make mistakes--so, if you should happen across an error in something I have written, you can be confident in the fact that *I* did not write it.
Date
Subject
Author
Dec 20, 18:37Dec 20 18:37
 Re: CD PROJEKT Facing Possible Cyberpunk 2077 Lawsuit