CD PROJEKT RED on Cyberpunk 2077 on Last-Gen Consoles

A tweet from CD PROJEKT RED expresses apologies for the poor performance of Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 (thanks Simon). They outline what's being done about this and offer refunds to dissatisfied customers for the next week:
Dear gamers,

First of all, we would like to start by apologizing to you for not showing the game on base last-gen consoles before it premiered and, in consequence, not allowing you to make a more informed decision about your purchase. We should have paid more attention to making it play better on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Second, we will fix bugs and crashes, and improve the overall experience. The first round of updates has just been released and the next one is coming within the next 7 days. Expect more, as we will update frequently whenever new improvements are ready. After the holidays, will continue working will release two large patches starting with Patch #1 in January. This will be followed by Patch #2 in February. Together these should fix the most prominent problems gamers are facing on last-gen consoles. We will be informing you about the contents of each patch ahead of their release. They won't make the game on last-gen look like its running on a high-spec PC or next-gen console, but it will be closer to that experience than it is now.

Finally, we would always like everyone who buys our games to be satisfied with their purchase. We would appreciate it if you would give us a chance, but if you are not pleased with the game on your console and don't want to wait for updates, you can opt to refund your copy. For copies purchased digitally, please use the refund system of PSN or Xbox respectively. For boxed versions, please first try to get a refund at the store where you bought the game. Should this not be possible, please contact us at helpmerefund@cdprojektred.com and we will do our best to help you. Starting from today, you can contact us for a week up until December 21st, 2020.

Humbly
Marcin Iwiński, Adam Kiciński, Adam Badowski, Michal Nowakowski, Pio Nielubowicz, Piotr Karowski

PS. PC gamers will also be getting regular updates and fixes improving the game.
View : : :

Re: CD PROJEKT RED on Cyberpunk 2077 on Last-Gen Consoles
Dec 16, 2020, 09:39
Re: CD PROJEKT RED on Cyberpunk 2077 on Last-Gen Consoles Dec 16, 2020, 09:39
Dec 16, 2020, 09:39

GothicWizard wrote on Dec 15, 2020, 18:03:
The only "outrage" is this next gen game does not work good on ones 8 yr old hardware.. cry me a river. This is my shocked face. Yes I know they said otherwise, they 'lied' or whatever else you want to say about it and sure, they were less then upfront. However COMMON SENSE looking at the game play footage past year it should have been clear last gen console were going to run iffy, at best. This was a game you need modern hardware for. Period. So yes while they should have been more upfront YOU should have the common sense to realize trying to play a game released in late 2020 was going to run like a dog on 2012 hardware. Or better yet get a mid range video card/cpu from 2012 and try to play this (or any other 2020) game. Let me know how it performs. EXACTLY.
The expectation was that the base consoles would run the game but it would be a massive downgrade visually. People were happy to accept that. What common sense could NOT tell gamers was that the game would run as low as 10-15fps, hang for upwards of a minute at a time, constantly crash and have such widespread visual issues that at times it looks worse than anything from 20 years ago. There's a reason they hid the game from backers, as a large number would have cancelled their pre-orders. This was a sleazy move from a company that otherwise has a great track record.

So you 8 yr old console players have to take SOME responsibility for being cheap and not looking at it realistically.
If the game can't run acceptably on base consoles it shouldn't have been released on them; if it can then the game shouldn't have been released until it was ready.

As a PC player I am loving this game. Deff GotY contender in my view. Not one crash and getting around 50-60fps average on my RTX 2060 on high settings, ray trace off. Is there some immersion bugs? Yes. But nothing game breaking in my 40 hrs or so, so far playing. Us PC players are doing as a whole just fine. Little to no "outrage" here.
Even on PC the game was clearly rushed but that doesn't in any way excuse the performance on last-gen consoles.

They should have nixxed last gen consoles and not ever tried to get this to run on such. But their words aside they presented you all the info you needed to know it wasn't going to run good. You chose to look the other way and swallow the PR speak hook line and sinker, and that is frankly on you. shrug.
So everything is fine as long as you ignore all the lies from CD Projekt Red, the review embargo that prevented reviewers from actually testing the base console versions and the fact that they knew the game wasn't even close to being in an acceptable state? Stop being an apologist for the company. The game was rushed to rake in the money and consumers that trusted the company were burned badly.

That said, people should always wait for reviews before buying a game. I've been following the game since it was announced and thought the previews looked amazing but I still opted against buying it at release. I'll wait until the game is discounted and the majority of the issues have been fixed.
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
Date
Subject
Author
Dec 15, 2020Dec 15 2020
Dec 14, 2020Dec 14 2020
Dec 14, 2020Dec 14 2020
Dec 16, 2020Dec 16 2020
 Re: CD PROJEKT RED on Cyberpunk 2077 on Last-Gen Consoles