Cyberpunk 2077 Already Profitable

A regulatory report from CD PROJEKT reveals that Cyberpunk 2077 has already recouped all its development costs. Word is the game was already in the black before it was released:
The Management Board of CD PROJEKT S.A. with a registered office in Warsaw (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) hereby announces that the estimated licensing royalties receivable by the Company in association with pre-order sales of Cyberpunk 2077 across all of its digital distribution channels have exceeded the sum of the following:

– total development expenditures related to the game, and

– the game’s marketing and promotional costs borne by the Company – either already incurred or anticipated for the remainder of 2020.
View : : :
43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Already Profitable
Dec 21, 2020, 03:43
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Already Profitable Dec 21, 2020, 03:43
Dec 21, 2020, 03:43

Quinn wrote on Dec 20, 2020, 13:08:
Sepharo wrote on Dec 20, 2020, 03:45:
Quinn wrote on Dec 14, 2020, 02:29:
If there were smart-ass lil' bitches on here trying to make a fool out of me for complaining about my performance on my GTX 1070 Ti, go hide and be ashamed:

Read this reddit post.

Game runs like a fucking charm now. I told you there was something very wrong with the optimization.

The developers addressed this specific "fix" in the new patch notes.
File does nothing.

Removed the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. which was not connected with the final version of the game and had no influence on it (it was a leftover file used during the development to estimate memory usage. It had no effect on how much memory was actually allocated). Perceived performance increase after editing the file may have been related to restarting the game.

Yes, that was a remarkable placebo effect. One that dozens of players experienced. Performance had improved, though, with almost 20 fps. Whatever it was, it was something. Be it a reboot, a patch I'm not aware of.

Overall performance is still unacceptable, imo. It runs good now, even better with my new card, but I can't wait for the performance fix. I am willing to bet hard earned bucks that in 3 months, this game will run 20-50% better.

No doubt, I'm looking forward to it as well.
I built a system slowly over the past few years finally culminating in an unplanned but appreciated 3070 so I could play with everything on... but even all of that struggles with those settings. I'd love 20 extra frames.

Bugwise, personally I've found Bethesda's stuff to usually be in a worse state. It's also remarkable that I haven't had any crash to desktops in my 70 hours.
But yeah, lots of UI bugs and occasional bugs with character models, though even that seems to have dropped off lately.
As far as I know, all of my quests have worked, which is remarkable considering the long quest-related patch notes they released the other day.

edit: Oh Dum Dum did follow me for a long time...
I was sad when he was finally gone. He was a good friend lol

Dec 20, 2020, 13:08
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Already Profitable Dec 20, 2020, 13:08
Dec 20, 2020, 13:08

Sepharo wrote on Dec 20, 2020, 03:45:
If there were smart-ass lil' bitches on here trying to make a fool out of me for complaining about my performance on my GTX 1070 Ti, go hide and be ashamed:

Read this reddit post.

Game runs like a fucking charm now. I told you there was something very wrong with the optimization.

File does nothing.

Removed the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. which was not connected with the final version of the game and had no influence on it (it was a leftover file used during the development to estimate memory usage. It had no effect on how much memory was actually allocated). Perceived performance increase after editing the file may have been related to restarting the game.

Yes, that was a remarkable placebo effect. One that dozens of players experienced. Performance had improved, though, with almost 20 fps. Whatever it was, it was something. Be it a reboot, a patch I'm not aware of.

Overall performance is still unacceptable, imo. It runs good now, even better with my new card, but I can't wait for the performance fix. I am willing to bet hard earned bucks that in 3 months, this game will run 20-50% better.

Dec 20, 2020, 03:45
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Already Profitable Dec 20, 2020, 03:45
Dec 20, 2020, 03:45

Read this reddit post.

File does nothing.

Dec 14, 2020, 02:29
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Already Profitable Dec 14, 2020, 02:29
Dec 14, 2020, 02:29

Read this reddit post.

Dec 13, 2020, 18:20
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Already Profitable Dec 13, 2020, 18:20
Dec 13, 2020, 18:20

Will it still be profitable after all the PS4 refunds go through?

Dec 13, 2020, 04:01
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Already Profitable Dec 13, 2020, 04:01
Dec 13, 2020, 04:01

A bit of sharpening added through your graphics driver control panel helps with the overall blurriness. A lot of folks are hex-editing their executable to disable the TAA, instead, but I cannot stand how horrible all of the fine details and straight lines in general look without that. Most characters' hair, in particular, goes from probably the best I've ever seen to what you'd scribble on top of a stick figure in MS Paint, then you get segmented power lines and stuff like that, too. This is at 1440p, anyway, maybe 4k is fine without it, but I can totally understand why they'd make it the default.

Dec 12, 2020, 22:45
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Already Profitable Dec 12, 2020, 22:45
Dec 12, 2020, 22:45

Quinn wrote on Dec 12, 2020, 21:06:
Either way, my rig never let me down yet on high graphical settings and now it suddenly buckles. I don't think the game looks that great either. Just alright. This game needs a DLSS card. It makes all the difference, I've read.

It depends. Cyberpunk 2077's DLSS implementation (even at Quality setting and all of the film grain/chromatic aberration/motion blur post processing effects crap off) gives a slight but noticeable blur to all of the textures. Without DLSS, the textures are sharper and crisper (even with CP2077's wonkily forced TAA). This is especially noticeable when you have a conversation "cutscene" where a character gets right in V's face and you notice how detailed the textures can really be with DLSS off.

The thing is, just like RTX effects in general, you don't really notice it until you compare it being on and off. Then it just stands out and it stays in your head. People scoff at RTX effects but when you play with RTX reflections/shadows/lighting on for a day and turn it off the next day, you'll just notice how flat and plain the game world looks with all of those effects being off.

That's kind of the problem though. RTX + DLSS allows the game to run a lot better, but the tradeoff is that you'll lose some detail in the textures due to it. Most people will gladly accept the DLSS blurriness (which isn't too bad to be fair) but Death Stranding has shown that DLSS 2.0 can provide both a big performance gain as well as crisp textures. For me, I'm debating on sticking with DLSS being off and RTX Reflections being on. It's probably the best I can do for now until CDPR adds in more performance optimizations and hopefully a retweaking of DLSS 2.0 as well. I'm lucky enough to have the hardware to brute force the game to turn off DLSS for the better textures as well as being able to turn on a noticeable RTX effect with an average of around 75-90+ FPS. Hopefully the upcoming performance patch(s) will allow me to turn on more RTX stuff so I don't have to compromise.

This comment was edited on Dec 13, 2020, 04:03.

Dec 12, 2020, 22:12
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Already Profitable Dec 12, 2020, 22:12
Dec 12, 2020, 22:12

OpticNerve wrote on Dec 12, 2020, 17:07:
More people are going to need to also post their CPU as well as their GPU specs when they talk about Cyberpunk 2077's performance. As important as the GPU is when it comes to the game, Cyberpunk 2077 is HEAVILY CPU bound and could be the main reason why someone's performance might be a lot better than another who has the same type of videocard. Based off of what some of my developer friends have said, it's most likely due to shoddy coding and if this reddit post about a simple AMD CPU oversight is actually true (going to test out the "fix") this might be a hint of this being the case: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/kbp0np/cyberpunk_2077_seems_to_ignore_smt_and_mostly/gfjf1vo/

On an I9-10900KF and a 2080 Super, I get roughly 'cinematic' FPS (30-35) at 1440 on ray tracing ultra and Psycho on Screen Space, roughly 55-60 at 1080 with quality DLSS. At least on Intel it seems to ping all cores equally, and will 100% the dedicated memory on the 2080 Super, with about 3GB of shared. CPU will boost to 4.89GHz for the majority of the time the game is running, so there is that as well. Using literally 50% of my RAM with a session of Chrome and Discord running along side.

Dec 12, 2020, 21:06
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Already Profitable Dec 12, 2020, 21:06
Dec 12, 2020, 21:06

TheBigVlad wrote on Dec 12, 2020, 12:57:
Quinn wrote on Dec 12, 2020, 03:49:
Bumpy wrote on Dec 11, 2020, 22:21:
The roughness comes in with blah gameplay and bugs. Performance is tolerable considering the top tier graphics.

Top tier graphics?! In medium/low settings the game looks fucking terrible and yet the performance is abysmal. It's like the game is calculating every NPCs behavior in the entire city and generating them as well even though you're inside in some ugly appartment. One of those first missions in the appartment complex? Or the night club? It all looked really mediocre to me yet my 1070Ti was on it's knees getting thoroughly abused by this game.
No excuses. Terrible, horrendous optimization and I'll eat my left testicle if one of our friendly neighborhood GPU manufacturers hasn't anything to do with this, just to up the sales of a product they can't provide.

On a 1080ti, running mostly medium settings at 1080p, game looks fantastic and runs smooth (70-100 fps). Best looking game I've ever played. Was not expecting it to look this good at these settings. Definitely top tier graphics here. Very strange that it looks so bad for you.

Got an i7 4.4ghz and a 1070ti and a 144hz monitor which I regret I ever bought. Now 60 fps feels like shit and 80 fps is my bare minimum standard. In most inside scenes the game runs fine with an average of 50/60 fps I think. Driving my car around I feel like hitting below 30 sometimes. I think the graphics look a bit washed out and as I'm writing this I cannot recall seeing an AA graphical option in the menu.

Either way, my rig never let me down yet on high graphical settings and now it suddenly buckles. I don't think the game looks that great either. Just alright. This game needs a DLSS card. It makes all the difference, I've read. 100% this is deliberate. 100% CDP will patch that out soon enough. 100% my rig will run this on high with an average of 80fps. Mark my words. And all those petty fuckers feeling like making a fool out of me will feel that slap in the face when all the above comes to pass. 3 months. Tops.

Dec 12, 2020, 17:07
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Already Profitable Dec 12, 2020, 17:07
Dec 12, 2020, 17:07

More people are going to need to also post their CPU as well as their GPU specs when they talk about Cyberpunk 2077's performance. As important as the GPU is when it comes to the game, Cyberpunk 2077 is HEAVILY CPU bound and could be the main reason why someone's performance might be a lot better than another who has the same type of videocard. Based off of what some of my developer friends have said, it's most likely due to shoddy coding and if this reddit post about a simple AMD CPU oversight is actually true (going to test out the "fix") this might be a hint of this being the case: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/kbp0np/cyberpunk_2077_seems_to_ignore_smt_and_mostly/gfjf1vo/

Dec 12, 2020, 14:48
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Already Profitable Dec 12, 2020, 14:48
Dec 12, 2020, 14:48

Slick wrote on Dec 12, 2020, 14:21:
Can I just express my infinite gratitude that it's apparently a buggy mess on Xbox One and PS4?

I'm fucking thrilled in fact.

I know that aging market is the big money grab, but give me a break. If this game was built to run well on those mid-tier 7-year-old laptops, then it would not be the visual and technical spectacle it clearly is. This is the first "next gen" game I've ever played, and yes, I'm playing with next-gen hardware on PC (3080 and 5xxx CPU), and my god... words... should have sent a poet.

Haha! Nice one, Slick!

q[Also, THE most competent HDR implementation on windows to date. This should be getting more love. We all thought that it was all Windows 10's fault that HDR was basically broken on PC. Then CP2077 comes around, and on day one... NOPE! It's brilliant. On an OLED screen it's simply stunning. And getting to adjust the midpoint of the HDR tonemapping curve is a stroke of genius. With one slider I can raise the mid tones when I'm playing during the day next to a bunch of open windows, and lower that setting at night to enjoy all the subtle dark hues that my TV can offer. All while respecting the absolute white and black values, leaving them unchanged. It's fucking amazeballs.
What are you playing on - monitor or TV, both? And how? Nvidia shield? Steam link?
"Van Gogh painted alone and in despair and in madness and sold one picture in his entire life. Millions struggled alone, unrecognized, and struggled as heroically as any famous hero. Was it worthless? I knew it wasn't."

Dec 12, 2020, 14:32
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Already Profitable Dec 12, 2020, 14:32
Dec 12, 2020, 14:32

Running at 4K with everything on maximum (and DLSS on Quality) destroys my PC and I have an AMD Ryzen 9 3950X, Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 2080Ti and 64GB RAM. I turned off all Raytracing to ensure it runs smoothly but I'll be upgrading to an AMD Ryzen 9 5950X and a watercooled 3090 as soon as the market physically allows me to use my money...

Dec 12, 2020, 14:21
Slick

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Already Profitable Dec 12, 2020, 14:21
Dec 12, 2020, 14:21
 Slick

Can I just express my infinite gratitude that it's apparently a buggy mess on Xbox One and PS4?

I'm fucking thrilled in fact.

I know that aging market is the big money grab, but give me a break. If this game was built to run well on those mid-tier 7-year-old laptops, then it would not be the visual and technical spectacle it clearly is. This is the first "next gen" game I've ever played, and yes, I'm playing with next-gen hardware on PC (3080 and 5xxx CPU), and my god... words... should have sent a poet.

Also, THE most competent HDR implementation on windows to date. This should be getting more love. We all thought that it was all Windows 10's fault that HDR was basically broken on PC. Then CP2077 comes around, and on day one... NOPE! It's brilliant. On an OLED screen it's simply stunning. And getting to adjust the midpoint of the HDR tonemapping curve is a stroke of genius. With one slider I can raise the mid tones when I'm playing during the day next to a bunch of open windows, and lower that setting at night to enjoy all the subtle dark hues that my TV can offer. All while respecting the absolute white and black values, leaving them unchanged. It's fucking amazeballs.

Dec 12, 2020, 12:58
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Already Profitable Dec 12, 2020, 12:58
Dec 12, 2020, 12:58

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 12, 2020, 10:39:
Running everything on Ultra at 1080p here. Smooth as butter and looks pretty gorgeous. 5700XT GPU, Ryzen 3900X.

Happy for CDPR. They definitely earned my shekels and I am thoroughly enjoying myself.

I definitely wouldn't consider my PC "beefy" by today's standards - but I am playing on Ultra 1080p with all raytracing options on and ray-traced lighting turned up to "psycho" and it's smooth AF.

16 RAM, I7 7700, RTX 2070 Super Black

Dec 12, 2020, 12:57
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Already Profitable Dec 12, 2020, 12:57
Dec 12, 2020, 12:57

The roughness comes in with blah gameplay and bugs. Performance is tolerable considering the top tier graphics.

Top tier graphics?! In medium/low settings the game looks fucking terrible and yet the performance is abysmal. It's like the game is calculating every NPCs behavior in the entire city and generating them as well even though you're inside in some ugly appartment. One of those first missions in the appartment complex? Or the night club? It all looked really mediocre to me yet my 1070Ti was on it's knees getting thoroughly abused by this game.
No excuses. Terrible, horrendous optimization and I'll eat my left testicle if one of our friendly neighborhood GPU manufacturers hasn't anything to do with this, just to up the sales of a product they can't provide.

On a 1080ti, running mostly medium settings at 1080p, game looks fantastic and runs smooth (70-100 fps). Best looking game I've ever played. Was not expecting it to look this good at these settings. Definitely top tier graphics here. Very strange that it looks so bad for you.

Dec 12, 2020, 11:39
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Already Profitable Dec 12, 2020, 11:39
Dec 12, 2020, 11:39

Xero wrote on Dec 12, 2020, 11:24:

Curious to know the rest of your specs such as CPU, memory? I also have a 1070ti and was questioning whether I should go for it or wait for an upgrade in months. Based on this, I'd imagine to wait unless your CPU sucks and you don't have decent memory. I mean, I'm not saying I'm running a powerhouse (these days) either. I have an aging i7 from like 5 years ago with 16gb memory. Again, 5 years, this was a beast rig, not so much now.
I really don't see how you would have problems with running High and a few Medium settings. I'm pretty sure the performance hits come with trying to run the game at full Ultra with Medium systems. Also with Highend systems, running full Ultra and trying to implement all the RTX setting is causing problems at least from what I'm reading.
The point being it's running great for most people who run the game within their system's specs, which the game auto sets for you.
There are even mods to disable AA which boosts performance even more.
Scorpio Slasher: ... What about you boy, what do hate?
Marcus: ... Bullies. Tiny d*ck egotists who hurt people for no reason, make people lock their doors at night. People who make general existence worse, people like you.

Dec 12, 2020, 11:24
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Already Profitable Dec 12, 2020, 11:24
Dec 12, 2020, 11:24

Curious to know the rest of your specs such as CPU, memory? I also have a 1070ti and was questioning whether I should go for it or wait for an upgrade in months. Based on this, I'd imagine to wait unless your CPU sucks and you don't have decent memory. I mean, I'm not saying I'm running a powerhouse (these days) either. I have an aging i7 from like 5 years ago with 16gb memory. Again, 5 years, this was a beast rig, not so much now.

Dec 12, 2020, 11:22
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Already Profitable Dec 12, 2020, 11:22
Dec 12, 2020, 11:22

I'm thinking we need a Johnny Shades Icon here at Blue's News and I'm willing to start a civil war, who's with me! Mwahaha
If I lose the civil war, I'm not coming out of my bedroom for my special 'winners' party either and you can't make me! Paperbag

This comment was edited on Dec 12, 2020, 11:34.
Scorpio Slasher: ... What about you boy, what do hate?
Marcus: ... Bullies. Tiny d*ck egotists who hurt people for no reason, make people lock their doors at night. People who make general existence worse, people like you.

Dec 12, 2020, 10:39
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Already Profitable Dec 12, 2020, 10:39
Dec 12, 2020, 10:39

Running everything on Ultra at 1080p here. Smooth as butter and looks pretty gorgeous. 5700XT GPU, Ryzen 3900X.

Happy for CDPR. They definitely earned my shekels and I am thoroughly enjoying myself.
"Just take a look around you, what do you see? Pain, suffering, and misery." -Black Sabbath, Killing Yourself to Live.

“Man was born free, and he is everywhere in chains” -Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Dec 12, 2020, 09:24
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Already Profitable Dec 12, 2020, 09:24
Dec 12, 2020, 09:24

Only a fool would complain and expect the game to look like the Ultra Grafix screenshots when using a 4 year old mid range gpu with decreased capabilities and features running lower graphic settings in-game.
"I expect death to be nothingness and by removing from me all possible fears of death, I am thankful to atheism." Isaac Asimov
43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older