CDPR Working on Cyberpunk 2077 Epilepsy Solution

CD PROJEKT RED tweets that as they work on a "more permanent solution" for the potential for Cyberpunk 2077 to cause epileptic seizures, they will add a warning to the EULA for their imminent sci-fi RPG:
Thank you for bringing this up. We’re working on adding a separate warning in the game, aside from the one that exists in the EULA (https://cyberpunk.net/en/user-agreement/). Regarding a more permanent solution, Dev team is currently exploring that and will be implementing it as soon as possible.
View : : :

Re: CDPR Working on Cyberpunk 2077 Epilepsy Solution
Dec 9, 2020, 09:58
Re: CDPR Working on Cyberpunk 2077 Epilepsy Solution Dec 9, 2020, 09:58
Dec 9, 2020, 09:58

I've seen epilepsy seizure warnings in various computer games for the last twenty years, at least. Anyone who is an epileptic knows he's an epileptic long before he sits down with his first computer game, imo. It makes no sense at all to believe that CDPR deliberately put in a seizure-causing presentation--that's a ridiculous idea. For what purpose--to open themselves up to massive lawsuits and ill will? I don't think so. If epileptics see these warnings and ignore them, it's on them 100%. Even so, games with seizure warnings aren't guaranteed to "cause seizures" in anyone. Epileptics not on corrective meds have to be careful around many potential environments that might set off a seizure, some computer games being among the many possible triggers.
It is well known that I cannot err--and so, if you should happen across an error in anything I have written you can be absolutely sure that *I* did not write it!...;)
Date
Subject
Author
Dec 9, 2020Dec 9 2020
Re: CDPR Working on Cyberpunk 2077 Epilepsy Solution