GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Release Tomorrow, Reviews Today

NVIDIA announces their new GeForce RTX 3060 Ti graphics cards will become available tomorrow. They offer this article discussing the new cards, saying they are faster than an RTX 2080 Super, despite starting at a USD$399 price point. A new video introduces the new GPU and we also have a roundup of reviews:

View : : :
56 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older

Re: GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Release Tomorrow, Reviews Today
Dec 5, 2020, 11:53
Re: GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Release Tomorrow, Reviews Today Dec 5, 2020, 11:53
Dec 5, 2020, 11:53

OpticNerve wrote on Dec 4, 2020, 15:37:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 4, 2020, 13:10:
OpticNerve wrote on Dec 4, 2020, 01:39:
It doesn't help at all that scalpers have circumvented many vendors and that few have even attempted to protect themselves from botting. The few who have tried (EVGA and Newegg) have only done so after bots have swooped in and bought out all of their initial stock (and still do - bots are constantly being updated and circumventing protections). Even Nvidia gave up trying to sell their RTX 30xx Founders Edition themselves and schlepped it off to Best Buys (of all places) to sell and to deal with the mess.

I'm sure more stock is incoming since both Nvidia and AMD are practically making a fortune off of this mass demand (with old Intel being left out) but it really does suck for people who wanted new hardware and/or consoles to enjoy at the end of a disastrous year.
Exactly, I had no idea how wide spread it was but this can't be anything but bots and their buddies. Hiring people to signup and buy, receive and then send it to master control.
Otherwise it would be too easy to exclude PO boxes and check shipping duplicate addresses.

Yeah, I was lucky in that I got a 3080 off of EVGA's queue signup, but I know that a bunch of my gaming friends on Discord have resorted to going into Discord channels with 24/7 bots to alert them when a vendor has Nvidia/AMD/PS5s/XBSXs in stock for them to hopefully grab up this holiday. Apparently there's a LOT of people in those channels that just flood a site whenever a bot alerts them. It's no wonder that it's near impossible for people to grab anything now when you have literally thousands of people constantly hammering sites. And sadly, a bunch of them are probably scalpers since it's guaranteed 2x+ money due to the insane demand and the lining up of coincidences (bored gamers in isolation due to Covid, new competitive GPUs, an amazing new CPU line, a new generation of consoles and an upcoming hyped game to test out this new hardware, etc.). All in lined up for this holiday season.
Gratz on the 3080, that's rockin good luck!
It is extremely crazy. Chatted up NewEgg yesterday, and asked aren't they at least partially if not fully to blame. Causing the problem because instead of having an orderly line,
in this extraordinary time, they have complete chaos because they are forcing people to use bots? They said, yeah probably. Wtf Trollbashing
‘What is this bullshit that you people are doing?’
The worst criminal in human history, undeniably.
Beating and Gassing Americans for Jesus!
Ain't no tweetin, in jail jammies!

Dec 4, 2020, 15:37
Re: GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Release Tomorrow, Reviews Today Dec 4, 2020, 15:37
Dec 4, 2020, 15:37

Acleacius wrote on Dec 4, 2020, 13:10:
It doesn't help at all that scalpers have circumvented many vendors and that few have even attempted to protect themselves from botting. The few who have tried (EVGA and Newegg) have only done so after bots have swooped in and bought out all of their initial stock (and still do - bots are constantly being updated and circumventing protections). Even Nvidia gave up trying to sell their RTX 30xx Founders Edition themselves and schlepped it off to Best Buys (of all places) to sell and to deal with the mess.

I'm sure more stock is incoming since both Nvidia and AMD are practically making a fortune off of this mass demand (with old Intel being left out) but it really does suck for people who wanted new hardware and/or consoles to enjoy at the end of a disastrous year.
Exactly, I had no idea how wide spread it was but this can't be anything but bots and their buddies. Hiring people to signup and buy, receive and then send it to master control.
Otherwise it would be too easy to exclude PO boxes and check shipping duplicate addresses.

Yeah, I was lucky in that I got a 3080 off of EVGA's queue signup, but I know that a bunch of my gaming friends on Discord have resorted to going into Discord channels with 24/7 bots to alert them when a vendor has Nvidia/AMD/PS5s/XBSXs in stock for them to hopefully grab up this holiday. Apparently there's a LOT of people in those channels that just flood a site whenever a bot alerts them. It's no wonder that it's near impossible for people to grab anything now when you have literally thousands of people constantly hammering sites. And sadly, a bunch of them are probably scalpers since it's guaranteed 2x+ money due to the insane demand and the lining up of coincidences (bored gamers in isolation due to Covid, new competitive GPUs, an amazing new CPU line, a new generation of consoles and an upcoming hyped game to test out this new hardware, etc.). All in lined up for this holiday season.

This comment was edited on Dec 4, 2020, 15:47.

Dec 4, 2020, 13:10
Re: GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Release Tomorrow, Reviews Today Dec 4, 2020, 13:10
Dec 4, 2020, 13:10

Dec 4, 2020, 12:58
Re: GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Release Tomorrow, Reviews Today Dec 4, 2020, 12:58
Dec 4, 2020, 12:58

Fantaz wrote on Dec 4, 2020, 01:14:
I got an MSI 3060 Ti card and really excited to play Cyberpunk with it!
Gratz and damn I'm jealous of anyone pulling off getting a 3000 series!

Dec 4, 2020, 01:39
Re: GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Release Tomorrow, Reviews Today Dec 4, 2020, 01:39
Dec 4, 2020, 01:39

Acleacius wrote on Dec 3, 2020, 17:58:
Sepharo wrote on Dec 3, 2020, 14:01:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 2, 2020, 17:59:
Sepharo wrote on Dec 2, 2020, 11:24:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 1, 2020, 20:05:
As everyone has mentioned, it's more powerful than last generations top card 2080ti, iirc. At $400 it's also half the price of the 2080ti at release.
I don't see how anyone could consider this less valuable than $300, so the debate is over $100. It's a card in hand atm, if you've got access to buy these
mysterious and unknown 3090 and 3080 cards please share their vendor link. Not to mention buying this now, gives something until prices and supplies settle
down on the top tier cards 2021. Nor do I want to wait for ATI to develop and add in their own RT which could take another 6 months.
So it looks like all that's worth $50 buck, if not the $100 at least imo.

This post seems to imply that you think the 6800 cards will be more accessible than the 3000 series cards...
but it seems like we'll have the same problems getting these as the others.
I'd buy any of these cards at retail list price if I could... but I can't.
Been the same story for multiple generations now.
Guess I wasn't clear, or I misunderstand. The only thing I mentioned about ATI was their RT software was reported to be coming later.
My possibly over dramatic estimate was 6 months to get something like that running and stable. Otherwise, I've got no idea.
The lack of the one feature I wanted, kept me from following ATI, except casually.
It's just my casual opinion but RT looks like it adds another level depth. I.e. At least to me, if I'm running at 1440p with RTX, it feels like 8k instead of 1440p.
They still haven't called me but I didn't register until yesterday.

Was talking about this part:
It's a card in hand atm, if you've got access to buy these
mysterious and unknown 3090 and 3080 cards please share their vendor link. Not to mention buying this now
Seemed like you were implying that one benefit was that you could get them but couldn't get the 3000 series cards... and my point was that you can't get the AMD cards either right now. Same issue.

edit: Ahh I see now, you're simply talking about the 3060ti... I swear I thought you were replying to a thread talking about AMDs lineup.
But still... is the 3060ti not going to also be sold out? I bet it is.
Yeah, I meant the 3060ti and yeah it probably is sold out too cause I still haven't received an email.
I haven't tried to buy at release for about 20 years, so I was all thumbs about jumping in the fray. I usually let them cool down in price but got stuck this time.
I kept putting off for this 2nd gen RTX. Now it's starting to look like both companies might have screwed their releases worst in their respective histories, at the same.

Guess there is still time for ATI to pull it out but NVIDIA looks to be a lost cause this year. Honestly this really all seems like catastrophic effects of the global pandemic.
The thing I really do like about what ATI did was using so much memory, but I just don't want to wait 6 more months for a software version of RT.
Of course it will probably take 6 months for both of these companies to dig themselves out of this mess.

Dec 4, 2020, 01:14
Re: GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Release Tomorrow, Reviews Today Dec 4, 2020, 01:14
Dec 4, 2020, 01:14

I got an MSI 3060 Ti card and really excited to play Cyberpunk with it!

Dec 3, 2020, 17:58
Re: GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Release Tomorrow, Reviews Today Dec 3, 2020, 17:58
Dec 3, 2020, 17:58

Sepharo wrote on Dec 3, 2020, 14:01:
As everyone has mentioned, it's more powerful than last generations top card 2080ti, iirc. At $400 it's also half the price of the 2080ti at release.
I don't see how anyone could consider this less valuable than $300, so the debate is over $100. It's a card in hand atm, if you've got access to buy these
mysterious and unknown 3090 and 3080 cards please share their vendor link. Not to mention buying this now, gives something until prices and supplies settle
down on the top tier cards 2021. Nor do I want to wait for ATI to develop and add in their own RT which could take another 6 months.

This post seems to imply that you think the 6800 cards will be more accessible than the 3000 series cards...
Guess I wasn't clear, or I misunderstand. The only thing I mentioned about ATI was their RT software was reported to be coming later.
My possibly over dramatic estimate was 6 months to get something like that running and stable. Otherwise, I've got no idea.
The lack of the one feature I wanted, kept me from following ATI, except casually.
It's just my casual opinion but RT looks like it adds another level depth. I.e. At least to me, if I'm running at 1440p with RTX, it feels like 8k instead of 1440p.

mysterious and unknown 3090 and 3080 cards please share their vendor link. Not to mention buying this now
Seemed like you were implying that one benefit was that you could get them but couldn't get the 3000 series cards... and my point was that you can't get the AMD cards either right now. Same issue.

edit: Ahh I see now, you're simply talking about the 3060ti... I swear I thought you were replying to a thread talking about AMDs lineup.
Yeah, I meant the 3060ti and yeah it probably is sold out too cause I still haven't received an email.
I haven't tried to buy at release for about 20 years, so I was all thumbs about jumping in the fray. I usually let them cool down in price but got stuck this time.
I kept putting off for this 2nd gen RTX. Now it's starting to look like both companies might have screwed their releases worst in their respective histories, at the same.

Guess there is still time for ATI to pull it out but NVIDIA looks to be a lost cause this year. Honestly this really all seems like catastrophic effects of the global pandemic.
The thing I really do like about what ATI did was using so much memory, but I just don't want to wait 6 more months for a software version of RT.
Of course it will probably take 6 months for both of these companies to dig themselves out of this mess.

Dec 3, 2020, 14:01
Re: GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Release Tomorrow, Reviews Today Dec 3, 2020, 14:01
Dec 3, 2020, 14:01

This comment was edited on Dec 3, 2020, 14:15.

Dec 3, 2020, 05:50
Re: GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Release Tomorrow, Reviews Today Dec 3, 2020, 05:50
Dec 3, 2020, 05:50

jdreyer wrote on Dec 2, 2020, 14:31:
VaranDragon wrote on Dec 2, 2020, 11:20:
Im sorry theglaze but 7 out of the 13 games tested were using the Unreal engine, where obviously Nvidia has the upper hand. So it's more like 6 games tested. In DCS (which is what im interested in for VR mostly) initial reports put the 6800XT ahead of the 3080 in frame-time analysis.

Since RDNA2 is what is powering the next gen consoles, I wouldn't bet against performance swining back into AMD's favor in newly developed games. Where AMD has so far failed to impress is ray tracing, so there is that to consider too.

Why is a game invalidated if it uses UE? UE games are a huge segment of AAA games.

Not invalidated. Just skewed results in testing. A more scientific approach would be to test many different game engines, not just many games using one or two engines.

Dec 2, 2020, 17:59
Re: GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Release Tomorrow, Reviews Today Dec 2, 2020, 17:59
Dec 2, 2020, 17:59

Dec 2, 2020, 14:31
Re: GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Release Tomorrow, Reviews Today Dec 2, 2020, 14:31
Dec 2, 2020, 14:31

Im sorry theglaze but 7 out of the 13 games tested were using the Unreal engine, where obviously Nvidia has the upper hand. So it's more like 6 games tested. In DCS (which is what im interested in for VR mostly) initial reports put the 6800XT ahead of the 3080 in frame-time analysis.

Since RDNA2 is what is powering the next gen consoles, I wouldn't bet against performance swining back into AMD's favor in newly developed games. Where AMD has so far failed to impress is ray tracing, so there is that to consider too.

Why is a game invalidated if it uses UE? UE games are a huge segment of AAA games.
"Even after you've had the COVID-19 vaccine, you still need to wash hands, watch distance and wear a mask because you can still transmit the virus even though you're not going to get sick." - NIH Director Dr. Francis Collins

Dec 2, 2020, 14:14
Re: GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Release Tomorrow, Reviews Today Dec 2, 2020, 14:14
Dec 2, 2020, 14:14

Fair enough, if you've got the need to drive a specific title, by all means select what's best for it!

Dec 2, 2020, 11:58
Re: GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Release Tomorrow, Reviews Today Dec 2, 2020, 11:58
Dec 2, 2020, 11:58

Steelcamp wrote on Dec 2, 2020, 11:23:
"Released" my butt.... there are no cards available....anywhere. Please let me know if you see different

I was refreshing a few sites all morning. It went from not listed, to listed and sold out. I've been checking still to see if they just marked them sold out when the listings first appeared, but they're still showing sold out everywhere I've checked.
"The only way anyone can live in peace is if they're prepared to forgive." - The Doctor

Dec 2, 2020, 11:24
Re: GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Release Tomorrow, Reviews Today Dec 2, 2020, 11:24
Dec 2, 2020, 11:24

Dec 2, 2020, 11:23
Re: GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Release Tomorrow, Reviews Today Dec 2, 2020, 11:23
Dec 2, 2020, 11:23

"Released" my butt.... there are no cards available....anywhere. Please let me know if you see different
-------------------------------------------
Where's my BB gun?

Dec 2, 2020, 11:20
Re: GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Release Tomorrow, Reviews Today Dec 2, 2020, 11:20
Dec 2, 2020, 11:20

Dec 2, 2020, 10:38
Re: GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Release Tomorrow, Reviews Today Dec 2, 2020, 10:38
Dec 2, 2020, 10:38

theglaze wrote on Dec 2, 2020, 10:34:
VaranDragon wrote on Dec 2, 2020, 04:02:
4k or VR, wait for the unicorn cards to become available i.e. the 6800XT or the RTX3080.

nvidia is still better than AMD in VR (3800 vs 6800XT):

6800 XT only delivers higher unconstrained framerates in 4 of the 15 games we benchmarked. In addition, several of the FCAT VR frametime plots indicate the RTX 3080 delivers a smoother experience.

RDNA 2 is capable, but it appears VR is still too niche for AMD, and is not a main feature of the PS5 or XBSX. Developing a DLSS-like-feature will become their immediate 2021 focus, so I wouldn't hold your breath either.

Dec 2, 2020, 10:34
Re: GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Release Tomorrow, Reviews Today Dec 2, 2020, 10:34
Dec 2, 2020, 10:34

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 2, 2020, 04:02:
4k or VR, wait for the unicorn cards to become available i.e. the 6800XT or the RTX3080.

nvidia is still better than AMD in VR (3800 vs 6800XT):

6800 XT only delivers higher unconstrained framerates in 4 of the 15 games we benchmarked. In addition, several of the FCAT VR frametime plots indicate the RTX 3080 delivers a smoother experience.

Dec 2, 2020, 05:39
Re: GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Release Tomorrow, Reviews Today Dec 2, 2020, 05:39
Dec 2, 2020, 05:39

Quick correction. It performs at the level or is slightly more powerful than the 2080S, not the 2080Ti. You might think Im nitpicking but there is a significant difference there.

Dec 2, 2020, 04:02
Re: GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Release Tomorrow, Reviews Today Dec 2, 2020, 04:02
Dec 2, 2020, 04:02

MeanJim wrote on Dec 2, 2020, 03:21:
I'm pretty desperate for a GPU upgrade since I'm still on a GTX 970. When I built my system, the 10XX GPUs had just come out. I tend to upgrade every other GPU generation, so I decided to see how my system performed with the old 970 first. It ran everything I had maxed out at 1080p 60fps, so I didn't see the need to upgrade. Then I got hit with a bit of bad timing when my monitor crapped out. Rather than just replace it with another 1080p 60Hz display, I decided to splurge on a 1440p 144Hz display, and the 970 just can't cut. I decided not to waste money on a 1080 since the the 20 series releasing soon, so I waited. I didn't pull the trigger on a 20XX GPU because the price didn't seem worth it compared to their performance over a 1080, and pretty much everyone was saying to wait for the next gen.

Ive been going through my back log and playing low requirement games anyway, but I've got some games I want to replay that the 970 couldn't handle without lowering the quality, and Cyberpunk 2077 is coming out soon, which I've already pre-ordered a boxed copy.

If these don't sell out immediately, and I can get one, I can't decided if I should get one or wait and hope I can get a 3080. Spending $400 for something I would have spent $700 on last year isn't bad, and it could be enough to hold me over until the 40 series and/or my next full system build. Then again, spending a bit extra if the 3080's come back in stock, seems to be the better long term investment. So it comes don't to waiting and taking a gamble that the 3080s ever become available again, or get a 3060ti tomorrow (that is if they're not sniped immediately).

It all depends on what you want performance wise from the card. While the 3060ti is probably great for 1440p for all current games, (especially if youre coming from a 970) it will probably struggle in future games at that resolution if you're interested in future proofing for raytracing.

The way I kind of look at it is this:

If all you're interested in is 1080p for the forseeable future then the 3060ti is more than good enough.
If you want to future proof for 1440p then the 3070 or the 6800 is what you should be aiming for.
56 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older