New Metro Game in Development and New IP Revealed

In a press release announcing plans for the release of Metro Exodus on the new console models, Deep Silver and 4A Games also reveals that development is underway on the next installment in the Metro first-person shooter series. They go into a bit more detail in this update on the anniversary of the series. They discuss their plans in general terms, and include reassurances for fans who are nervous about the inclusion of multiplayer support. They cap things off by announcing they are also embarking on the creation of a brand-new IP:
Finally – while we expect to be working on Metro for many years to come, we want to stretch ourselves by exploring new projects and new IP. In 2017 we released Arktika.1, a sci-fi FPS for the Oculus Rift, and our first steps towards a goal of being a multi-project studio. We now want to grow this ambition to another new AAA experience that can sit alongside the Metro series. We’re hiring across both our Malta and Kyiv studios to help us bring these dreams to reality, so if you think you have what it takes and want to join our team, head to our careers page and apply at 4a-games.com.mt/careers !
View : : :
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: New Metro Game in Development and New IP Revealed
Nov 25, 2020, 17:03
Re: New Metro Game in Development and New IP Revealed Nov 25, 2020, 17:03
Nov 25, 2020, 17:03

I kiiiinda want to give Exodus a try although I'm scared of their coding. I remember the last few Metro games were rough on the frame rate. Like, their engine requires the absolute top notch hardware to get good frame rates in their games. Meanwhile, equally looking, if not better other FPS games run silky smooth... (maybe Doom Eternal for example... or even Dishonored 2?).

Nov 25, 2020, 15:47
Re: New Metro Game in Development and New IP Revealed Nov 25, 2020, 15:47
Nov 25, 2020, 15:47

I can't even finish Exodus. I keep getting a bug halfway through Caspian where the NPC required to progress a quest just doesn't ever show up. Their support team just keep[s telling me to restart the level. Between this adn the year delay due to their Epic deal, they can GFT.
Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

Nov 25, 2020, 15:07
Re: New Metro Game in Development and New IP Revealed Nov 25, 2020, 15:07
Nov 25, 2020, 15:07

For PC to? I recall a threat from one of their employee's that if we didn't shape up, they might ship us out.

How many bugs and glitches will the new games have? A lot!!
Nov 25, 2020, 14:53
How many bugs and glitches will the new games have? A lot!! Nov 25, 2020, 14:53
Nov 25, 2020, 14:53

The most annoying thing about this series is that the devs don't care about patching the metro games and fixing serious bugs and issues. Metro Exodus still crashes in the desert area. Metro Exodus still has a ton of bugs and glitches. Now 4A will just sweep it all under the rug and create another metro game and a new IP? Guess we know how much the devs care.
Yeah the Metro Exodus story was very bad. The graphics were pretty good though. The voice cast wasn't bad either.

Nov 25, 2020, 14:01
Re: New Metro Game in Development and New IP Revealed Nov 25, 2020, 14:01
Nov 25, 2020, 14:01

Haven't played exodus yet... on my backlog (Purchased a stupid amount of games during GOG summer sale).

Get your games from GOG DAMMIT!

Nov 25, 2020, 13:34
Re: New Metro Game in Development and New IP Revealed Nov 25, 2020, 13:34
Nov 25, 2020, 13:34

Me too. I just wasn't getting into it. Hopefully I'll go back and finish it at some point.

Nov 25, 2020, 13:16
Re: New Metro Game in Development and New IP Revealed Nov 25, 2020, 13:16
Nov 25, 2020, 13:16

I wasn't impressed with Exodus. Wasn't bad, just more in the meh category. Quit probably about halfway through I guess. Glad I played it on XGP because it wasn't worth the money to buy it IMO. I sure hope they do a lot better in their next games.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older