Razumen wrote on Nov 24, 2020, 22:10:
Dev wrote on Nov 24, 2020, 12:05:
Seems reasonable to sub contract out work under someone who can actually hit milestones instead of CIG...
OMG 100 people to create locations ?!? WTF do they think this is the next fortnite?
This is just ONE thing out of like 1000 that needs to be completed to release the game. It might actually make sense if they sub contract out 50 or 100 things to small studios to save money and actually hit deliverables. But 100 employees for this one thing?
LOL, This isn't just "one thing". it's entire star systems, each one needs to be filled with interesting and fun content, which all adds up to hundreds, if not thousands of individual pieces of content, each one taking hours to create. This is EXACTLY what they need to do if they want the game to actually have what they planned.
As opposed to like you know all the actual GAMEPLAY problems they have such as
1) the flight model being utter garbage
2) the inability to have more than 5 people on a server before the entire thing implodes
3) The part where "death ramp/stairs" are so prevalent its a meme in the community
4) The game running at maybe over 10fps on a rig that deosn't resemble the monolith from 2001
5) Like ANY useful gameplay loop being implemented at all (mining/trading/piracy/etc)
6) The FPS portion of the game being utter and total garbage to play
This game doesn't need assets. IT doesnt need planets. It needs to fix the utter rotten core of the game first.