Path of Exile Plans Three December Events

Grinding Gear Games announces plans to cap off 2020 with three December events in Path of Exile, their action/RPG. They are holding a one-week Mayhem Event starting on December 4th, a one-week Endless Delve Event that begins on December 11th, and a three-week Heist Flashback Event that will get underway on December 18th. This will all lead up to the release of their version 3.13 expansion in January. You can read all about this in this forum post and here's a summary of how they will end the year, as they put it, with a bang, bang, bang:
Starting at 12PM PT on December 4th, a one-week Mayhem Event will kick off by taking classic Path of Exile modifiers from past leagues Anarchy, Invasion, Breach, Ambush, Torment, and Harbinger and turning them up to 11. Each area in Wraeclast will have one of the following scenarios: 20 Rogue Exiles, 20 Strongboxes, 20 Invasion Bosses, 20 Breaches, 20 Tormented Spirits, or 20 Harbingers, with mods changing every hour.

The one-week Endless Delve event kicks off a week later on December 11th at 12PM PT, taking place entirely in the Azurite Mine. In this unique event, players start their plunge into the perilous darkness with some starter gear. Players will have access to the passive points normally gained from quests and incur Kitava’s resistance penalties at various level thresholds. Players can ascend their character using the Altar of Ascendancy from within the Mine Encampment while Lilly Roth and Niko will be available to provide skill gems. Players will not have access to their Hideouts or any towns, which means they’ll be going solo against the darkness. Good luck with that.

Last, but not least, is the three-week Heist Flashback Event. Starting on December 18th at 12PM PT, each game area will include several popular mods from past leagues, with a random selection of three of the following mods present, which will change each hour, on the hour:

• 2 Additional Rogue Exiles
  • 2 Additional Invasion Bosses
  • 1 Additional Breach
  • 2 Additional Strongboxes
  • 3 Additional Tormented Spirits
  • 2 Additional Perandus Chests and a 33% chance to spawn Cadiro
  • 3 Additional Rare Monster Packs with Nemesis Mods
  • 3 Additional Magic Monster Packs with Bloodlines
  • 1 Additional Abyss
  • 2 Additional Harbingers
  • 1 Timeless Monolith
  • 1 Metamorph
  • 1 Delirium Mirror
  • Beyond

Prizes for all three events include the new Demigod’s Authority, a Twilight Mystery Box for reaching level 50, and random microtransaction prizes at level 60, 70, 80, 85, 90, and 95 that will be drawn at the conclusion of each event.

View : : :
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Path of Exile Plans Three December Events
Nov 25, 2020, 08:46
Re: Path of Exile Plans Three December Events Nov 25, 2020, 08:46
Nov 25, 2020, 08:46

I will concede a WoW like auction house for PoE would be much harder for two major reasons. First, there isn't a single currency. Second, the variation of items is much greater. In WoW every single "Helm of the Glorious Undead" (or whatever) is exactly the same. In PoE even the unique items which are intended to be very similar and semi-standard can vary greatly.
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Nov 25, 2020, 08:37
Re: Path of Exile Plans Three December Events Nov 25, 2020, 08:37
Nov 25, 2020, 08:37

VaranDragon wrote on Nov 25, 2020, 04:44:
Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 24, 2020, 08:55:
The biggest mark against it is the trading system. It would be great if they would build in a WoW like auction house. Because the point to point interaction with other players to buy and sell ingredients and gear makes you want to go on a real killing spree...
Hmmm, looks like you were not aware of how trading is organized with the inclusion of POE.Trade
IMO it works very well, and is indeed much better than any auction house I have seen in any game ever.
I know plenty about poe.trade -- used it many times. I have bought and sold many items using it. But if you think it is easier than the simplicity of the auction house in WoW, you either haven't experienced both or have a poor memory of one of them. Of the thousands of times I bought an item listed in the WoW auction house, only rarely was an item purchased out from under me. In PoE, it was common to have to message half a dozen people or more before I got a response to a listing. Obtaining consumables and gear from other players is generally a chore.

This comment was edited on Nov 25, 2020, 08:53.

Nov 25, 2020, 04:44
Re: Path of Exile Plans Three December Events Nov 25, 2020, 04:44
Nov 25, 2020, 04:44

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 24, 2020, 08:55:
The biggest mark against it is the trading system. It would be great if they would build in a WoW like auction house. Because the point to point interaction with other players to buy and sell ingredients and gear makes you want to go on a real killing spree...

Hmmm, looks like you were not aware of how trading is organized with the inclusion of POE.Trade
IMO it works very well, and is indeed much better than any auction house I have seen in any game ever.

Nov 24, 2020, 11:41
Re: Path of Exile Plans Three December Events Nov 24, 2020, 11:41
Nov 24, 2020, 11:41

Nice to see GGG go back to fun limited events. The community can only carry them for so long and with limited space.

Nov 24, 2020, 08:55
Re: Path of Exile Plans Three December Events Nov 24, 2020, 08:55
Nov 24, 2020, 08:55

VaranDragon wrote on Nov 24, 2020, 04:05:
If there is one minus to the game is that it can be a little bit daunting to get into. Not that it's hard to play but there are so many different and varied mechanics in the game that even hundreds of hours in there are things that feel brand new in the game. So maybe a double-edged sword actually, it's positive and negative in a way.
It is a good game and it does have a lot of value, but it more than a little bit daunting. It is definitely a "geek" game, it helps tremendously if you get excited by trying to understand/learn all the intricacies of all the different game mechanics. Not to mention crafting which is also extremely complex. As I've said here before, I built four different characters to level 85+ in four different leagues and enjoyed the hell out of it. The end game however for good or bad is extremely difficult. I never got close to it, best I did was Tier 13 maps. At that point, the difficulty curve starts getting very steep. Specific builds can make it easier, but you aren't getting to the final bosses without a ton of grinding. This from someone who thinks the grind in WoW isn't too bad for the most part.

Nov 24, 2020, 04:05
Re: Path of Exile Plans Three December Events Nov 24, 2020, 04:05
Nov 24, 2020, 04:05

Best aRPG Ive played since Diablo2:LOD v.1.1X

Insane amount of value in this game, I've put hundreds of hours in it and have barely scratched the surface with just a couple of characters. Provides the kind of build theorycrafting goodness, (and a HUUUGE amount of content) to satisfy any kind of aRPG itch you might get. The only thing missing is PvP, still makes Diablo3 look like a game for toddlers by comparison. (Which when you think about the art\story\gameplay direction it actually is)

If there is one minus to the game is that it can be a little bit daunting to get into. Not that it's hard to play but there are so many different and varied mechanics in the game that even hundreds of hours in there are things that feel brand new in the game. So maybe a double-edged sword actually, it's positive and negative in a way.
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older