2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Gatherings & Competitions
Nov 24, 2020, 13:06
Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 24, 2020, 13:06
Nov 24, 2020, 13:06

I follow Dota & CSGO (though I watch more of the later), but The Overwatch League is my favorite e-sport as well. If I have the time, I watch every game.

I think the reason I enjoy it so much is it's insanely high skill ceiling, and just how many skills its top players have to be amazing at to succeed. Every hero in the game plays in a different way from every other because their 'kit' of abilities differ. A 'sniper' in OWL for example not only needs great aim, but he needs to know how every character in the game moves (and each one moves differently, at different speeds, with different animations). He also needs to know every map well enough to figure out the best corners to peak from, the best angles of approach - and escape.

If the e-sport has one problem, it's that its harder to get into. This is IMHO why it hasn't seen the success of others (at least not in the west). While each game mode is easy enough to understand, the shear variety of heroes that could be played, it can be hard to know what's going on. But once you get that down, it's insanely fun to watch.

Glad to hear 2021 is going to continue with the tournament structure. I expect to see an east & west style system just as last season, though I think at least 2 teams need to move from US/EU to Asia, there are a few 100% koreans teams that could make the transition, like Florida Mayhem. Either way I'm sure it'll be a blast.

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 2020, 13:17.

Re: Gatherings & Competitions
Nov 23, 2020, 21:42
Prez

Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 23, 2020, 21:42
Nov 23, 2020, 21:42
 Prez

I don't know why, but I really like watching the Overwatch League. Everything else, like COD, Fortnight, League of Legends, etc I couldn't care less.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older