5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Morning Safety Dance
Nov 21, 2020, 09:17
Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 21, 2020, 09:17
Nov 21, 2020, 09:17

Jonjonz wrote on Nov 21, 2020, 06:54:
If you know anything at all about gerrymandering in the US, you know the Republican party has a virtual lock on many state elected positions, from dogcatcher to Govenor, Senator and Congress persons. It's just as nefarious as the House of Lords, and just as likely to continue as they are the only ones with the power to ever change it.
Without a doubt gerrymandering is one of many known serious problems in US politics. And it does virtually guarantee wins for a specific party in many cases. However, at least in that situation you actually have citizens voting for someone, which is not something you can say about hereditary positions.
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Nov 21, 2020, 06:54
Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 21, 2020, 06:54
Nov 21, 2020, 06:54

If you know anything at all about gerrymandering in the US, you know the Republican party has a virtual lock on many state elected positions, from dogcatcher to Govenor, Senator and Congress persons. It's just as nefarious as the House of Lords, and just as likely to continue as they are the only ones with the power to ever change it.

PS - The crap from MS - it's all about money, they don't want to give data for free to governments, but if governments would pay them like all the multinational corporations who do buy the personal information about you that MS has do, then MS would have no issue.
"Meet the new Boss, same as the old Boss." - The Who.

Nov 20, 2020, 23:39
Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 20, 2020, 23:39
Nov 20, 2020, 23:39

At some point it becomes treason. You can't just intentionally cause harm to the economy, public health, national security and calling for violent uprising against free and fair elections.
The worst criminal in human history, undeniably. There has never been a figure in political history, so dedicated to destroying the prospects of organized human life on the planet, in the near future.

Beating and Gassing Americans for Jesus!

Nov 20, 2020, 16:27
Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 20, 2020, 16:27
Nov 20, 2020, 16:27

I agree, it is... recoverable, and there's some light on the horizon. But damn, people need better education and to think for themselves.

Nov 20, 2020, 15:18
Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 20, 2020, 15:18
Nov 20, 2020, 15:18

Alright since this has a political link I put this here...

I'd be happy to be the first in line to say there are some serious problems with the political system in the US. Especially after watching over 73m people vote for Trump despite what he has said and done for the last four years. But things could be worse... we could have an upper house of government with hereditary seats. I was vaguely aware this was true for the British House of Lords, however this Atlantic article which is really more about the sexist approach to the handling of those hereditary titles provides enough information to make me wonder why the British public hasn't revolted (politically) against it.
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older