Phoenix Point Saved Game Changes

The Phoenix Point Website warns Phoenix Point Players that the update coming on December 3rd that will invalidate current saved games in the alien-infested strategy game. They warn not to apply this update if you are in the midst of a campaign you want to complete:
Currently, we have two saved game files, one for the Geoscape and one for Tactical missions, which causes some development challenges for the team. On December 3rd, we will be releasing a new content update that will merge those saved games into one file, effectively invalidating any previous save games. Those purchasing Year One Edition or starting a new game post-patch will not be affected.

If you have a campaign you're currently playing, and you don't want to lose it, please don't update until you finish that campaign. We wanted to communicate this to all our existing players in advance of that December 3rd release, so players can complete their campaign or wait to update their game when ready.
View : : :
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Phoenix Point Saved Game Changes
Nov 13, 2020, 23:39
J
Re: Phoenix Point Saved Game Changes Nov 13, 2020, 23:39
Nov 13, 2020, 23:39
J

VaranDragon wrote on Nov 13, 2020, 13:35:
I bought and played this as soon as it came out in the Epic store. Needless to say I stopped my play-through about 15-20 hours in, the game was riddled with bugs (none really gamebeaking I have to add) and balance wise it was really a mess. Progression was difficult past a certain point unless you played exactly the way it was meant to be played, but it didn't really reward an inventive approach (the way old-school XCOM did). So yeah. Im hoping it's gotten to a better place now, willing to give it another go when this patch hits. Hopefully it's in a better place now with more fleshed out systems and a reward system that keeps you interested in the game.

I'm in a similar boat. I played it around release for a number of hours. I'm not sure how exactly how many hours as EGL is digital heresy. I was getting frustrated with how things were playing out. I decided to drop it and wait until it's done, or at least nearly done. I reserve my judgement until then; hack away at my software backlog.
nin: This forum is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Blue: What do you mean, "biblical"?
xXBatmanXx: What he means is Old BBS, El Presidente, real wrath of SysOp type stuff.

Nov 13, 2020, 19:53
Re: Phoenix Point Saved Game Changes Nov 13, 2020, 19:53
Nov 13, 2020, 19:53

Hrm, I had just started playing again, but my old game from the initial release was pretty messed up before these patches, it's probably just better to wait to begin fresh after December 3rd. So much for the Gog or Steam release for backers, eh? It seems like my tier of backers is just stuck with the EGS version.

Nov 13, 2020, 15:42
Re: Phoenix Point Saved Game Changes Nov 13, 2020, 15:42
Nov 13, 2020, 15:42

nice, waiting on a steam sale to pick up. glad gallop et al are werkin' it (patchwise)
"not everyone, can be, not an asshole"

Nov 13, 2020, 13:35
Re: Phoenix Point Saved Game Changes Nov 13, 2020, 13:35
Nov 13, 2020, 13:35

I bought and played this as soon as it came out in the Epic store. Needless to say I stopped my play-through about 15-20 hours in, the game was riddled with bugs (none really gamebeaking I have to add) and balance wise it was really a mess. Progression was difficult past a certain point unless you played exactly the way it was meant to be played, but it didn't really reward an inventive approach (the way old-school XCOM did). So yeah. Im hoping it's gotten to a better place now, willing to give it another go when this patch hits. Hopefully it's in a better place now with more fleshed out systems and a reward system that keeps you interested in the game.
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older