Out of the Blue

Various news outlets are now projecting that Joe Biden wins the presidency. It's not clear where all the legal challenges to the results stand, but after an exhausting several days following the election, it does appear that the US has a new president-elect.

Obituary: Rapper King Von shot and killed outside Atlanta nightclub.

Elective Round-up
Thanks Ant and Neutronbeam.

Science

Media

Auction

View : : :
176 Replies. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ] Older

Re: Out of the Blue
Nov 15, 2020, 11:20
Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2020, 11:20
Nov 15, 2020, 11:20

Earlier today our disgusting national disgrace pulled its head from its ass and conceded in a way only chronic diarrhea could concede, by way of tweet.
(I added the .... and paragraph returns)

He won
because the Election was Rigged. NO VOTE WATCHERS OR OBSERVERS allowed, vote tabulated by a Radical Left privately owned company, Dominion, with a bad reputation & bum equipment that couldn’t even qualify for Texas (which I won by a lot!), the Fake & Silent Media, & more!

- At this point, Windows is the OS equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome. -
Burrito of Peace

Nov 14, 2020, 12:44
Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2020, 12:44
Nov 14, 2020, 12:44

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 14, 2020, 12:14:
issues on-air apology over Georgia voter claims”.
I'm surprised Tucker bothered to make an apology, if he's not careful he might actually start wanting to get his facts right on the first try...
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Nov 14, 2020, 12:14
Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2020, 12:14
Nov 14, 2020, 12:14

jdreyer wrote on Nov 8, 2020, 06:37:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 7, 2020, 21:27:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 7, 2020, 16:08:
Seriously, those Republican Lincoln Project guys are scary.
That's not the half of it.
Lincoln Project Founder, Steve Schmidt, says Faux Noises' Cucker Tarlson is frontrunner for the 2024 gop nomination.

It ain't sounding like the Lincoln Project will have any free time leftover to attack Democrats what with the current state of cray cray in the GOP.
I remember when he started showing up in 2000 on CNN in his little bowtie. I bet Tucker has hundreds of skeletons in his closet just waiting to burst out if he ran for national office.
He already has more standards than the dotus, which makes him an automatic front runner for the gop.
“Cucker Tarlson issues on-air apology over Georgia voter claims”.
Burrito of Peace

Nov 13, 2020, 19:22
Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2020, 19:22
Nov 13, 2020, 19:22

Biden/Harris just hit 306 Electoral votes.
2 more than pencedrumpf in 2016.
What a route!
Burrito of Peace

Nov 13, 2020, 16:04
Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2020, 16:04
Nov 13, 2020, 16:04

“A look at false and misleading claims in the days after President-elect Joe Biden was declared the winner of the 2020 presidential election. None of these are legit, even though they were shared widely on social media.
The Associated Press checked them out. “
Here are the facts.
Burrito of Peace

Nov 12, 2020, 16:45
Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2020, 16:45
Nov 12, 2020, 16:45

Here are some more Election party night winners:
White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson, and David Bossie.
Brian Jack, the White House political director, Healy Baumgardner, a former White House aide and
Corey Lewandowsky have all tested positive for the trumped virus. Go R's!
Burrito of Peace

Nov 12, 2020, 11:54
Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2020, 11:54
Nov 12, 2020, 11:54

tick tock tick tock
'Republicans drop challenge to ballot count case in Nevada"
or is it tiktok tiktok
Burrito of Peace

Nov 12, 2020, 00:39
Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2020, 00:39
Nov 12, 2020, 00:39

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 11, 2020, 23:18:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 11, 2020, 21:21:
Since it's just us political junkies here, this is something funny I found. Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick had a news release:

“Whistleblowers and tipsters should turn over their evidence to local law enforcement. Anyone who provides information that leads to an arrest and final conviction of voter fraud will be paid a minimum of $25,000,”

Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman tweeted back:

Hey, Governor Patrick- it’s your counterpart in Pennsylvania.

I’d like to collect your handsome reward for reporting voter fraud.

I got a dude in Forty Fort, PA who tried to have his dead mom vote for Trump.

I’d like mine in Sheetz gift cards pls.

ps. The Cowboys blow.

Oh yeah. Our
Lieutenant Governor down here in Texas is batshit crazy and has double dipped in the Kool Loser-Aid.
Prior to him making a fool of himself over the settled presidential election, Danny had something to say about covid and got to blabbing on one of the Fox noise shows, not sure if it was cuckard tarlson, shawn blamity or one of the other chickenheads where he said 'old folks were ready to die for the economy."
Texas is starting to look like Florida when it comes to crazy.

So far there has been a total lack of voter fraud and corruption along with being one of the cleanest elections ever ran in the history if the United States. If you don't count voter intimidation by worshippers of the loser, I'd say that's pretty amazing.

Then there's this:
The trumped supporting PA Mailman Recanted his Bogus Voter Fraud Allegations.

Yeah, heard about that mailman bit. It's strange that Trump (and the Repubs) decided to fuck with the USPS. Their military-like structure and general conservative work environment makes them natural Republicans. Not any longer, especially after they fucked with postal worker pensions.
I'm a smoldering volcano of virility. At least, that's what I tell myself.

Nov 11, 2020, 23:18
Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2020, 23:18
Nov 11, 2020, 23:18

jdreyer wrote on Nov 11, 2020, 21:21:
Since it's just us political junkies here, this is something funny I found. Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick had a news release:

“Whistleblowers and tipsters should turn over their evidence to local law enforcement. Anyone who provides information that leads to an arrest and final conviction of voter fraud will be paid a minimum of $25,000,”

ps. The Cowboys blow.

Oh yeah. Our
Lieutenant Governor down here in Texas is batshit crazy and has double dipped in the Kool Loser-Aid.
Prior to him making a fool of himself over the settled presidential election, Danny had something to say about covid and got to blabbing on one of the Fox noise shows, not sure if it was cuckard tarlson, shawn blamity or one of the other chickenheads where he said 'old folks were ready to die for the economy."
Texas is starting to look like Florida when it comes to crazy.

So far there has been a total lack of voter fraud and corruption along with being one of the cleanest elections ever ran in the history if the United States. If you don't count voter intimidation by worshippers of the loser, I'd say that's pretty amazing.

Then there's this:
The trumped supporting PA Mailman Recanted his Bogus Voter Fraud Allegations.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2020, 23:31.
Burrito of Peace

Nov 11, 2020, 21:21
Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2020, 21:21
Nov 11, 2020, 21:21

ps. The Cowboys blow.

Nov 11, 2020, 21:15
Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2020, 21:15
Nov 11, 2020, 21:15

Beamer wrote on Nov 11, 2020, 20:34:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 11, 2020, 20:28:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 11, 2020, 17:58:
Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 11, 2020, 09:11:
The Q Anon stuff is amazing to me. I mean I figured out before the 6th grade that all the things I was being told in church and Sunday School didn't seem to add up. And yet adults fall for the Q Anon stuff. It causes me great concern when considering the future of humanity.
Qaren is a QAnon believing Karen
"She fell into QAnon and went viral for destroying a Target mask display."
This barbie dolls head pops off with nary a tug.
paywall free http://archive.today/Kzw6R
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/11/11/masks-qanon-target-melissa-rein-lively/

Did you read the whole story? The woman clearly suffered a psychotic break. Had she been reading anti-vaxxer stuff instead of QAnon, she would have broken at the site of Target's "Free flu vaccine" signs instead of the mask display. The sad thing is most of the QAnon believers aren't psychotic.

I love this article.

First, she runs a PR firm. This is obvious PR for her.

Second, the disclaimer that they didn't realize how racist her outburst was. She withheld that. You can find it on social media. It's bad. She repeatedly doubles down.

Third, were she not a pretty upper class white blond woman she'd never be offered a redemption story

And lastly, she's actually frightening looking, not pretty, because she comes across as so plastic.

Yeah, definitely not my type, you could see all the insecurity through the makeup. I guess my point is I feel that she's not representative of the typical believer, since it sounds like she has unresolved mental health issues.

And shame on the newspaper for running such a biased puff-piece.

One of my wife's friends went in deep. Nice woman and normal otherwise, but she's over the edge. Calls up my wife out of the blue and starts in on the whole thing. My wife, who usually reads the Japanese press, not American, had no clue about any of it. So after the call she goes and does some reading. Of course she's able to come to the conclusion on her own that it's total bonkers. And she comes to me after, "Do you know anything about this QAnon stuff?" Yeah, we had a nice chat about it.

Nov 11, 2020, 20:34
Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2020, 20:34
Nov 11, 2020, 20:34

jdreyer wrote on Nov 11, 2020, 20:28:
The Q Anon stuff is amazing to me. I mean I figured out before the 6th grade that all the things I was being told in church and Sunday School didn't seem to add up. And yet adults fall for the Q Anon stuff. It causes me great concern when considering the future of humanity.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/11/11/masks-qanon-target-melissa-rein-lively/

Did you read the whole story? The woman clearly suffered a psychotic break. Had she been reading anti-vaxxer stuff instead of QAnon, she would have broken at the site of Target's "Free flu vaccine" signs instead of the mask display. The sad thing is most of the QAnon believers aren't psychotic.

I love this article.

First, she runs a PR firm. This is obvious PR for her.

Second, the disclaimer that they didn't realize how racist her outburst was. She withheld that. You can find it on social media. It's bad. She repeatedly doubles down.

Third, were she not a pretty upper class white blond woman she'd never be offered a redemption story

And lastly, she's actually frightening looking, not pretty, because she comes across as so plastic.

Nov 11, 2020, 20:31
Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2020, 20:31
Nov 11, 2020, 20:31

What is interesting about that to me JD is I don't really recall ever thinking I was "uniquely knowledgeable" about anything, except perhaps a few personal things which happened to me. Hell, my default is usually to wonder how long has everyone else known or how could anyone have not known? They might be a small minority, but they are a loud and troubling one.

Nov 11, 2020, 20:28
Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2020, 20:28
Nov 11, 2020, 20:28

Nov 11, 2020, 20:22
Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2020, 20:22
Nov 11, 2020, 20:22

It's a small minority of humanity that is susceptible to conspiracy theories. The psychology of it is fascinating.

First is the fundamental attribution error, which is our tendency to prefer dispositional explanations to situational ones. When we observe an event happening, we are much more likely to attribute it to some intentional, internal motive than to circumstance and happenstance.

Second is confirmation bias and its brother, the belief perseverance phenomenon—two well-known aspects of our cognitive hardware. Confirmation bias refers to the fact that we tend to become attached to our beliefs and to search for (or interpret) information in ways that confirms our preconceptions. Belief perseverance refers to the fact that we seek to maintain our beliefs even after the information that originally gave rise to it has been refuted.

A third psychological factor is our desire to be uniquely knowledgeable, to possess knowledge that others don’t.

Fourth is our brain’s adaptive capacity for pattern recognition.

Nov 11, 2020, 17:58
Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2020, 17:58
Nov 11, 2020, 17:58

Burrito of Peace

Nov 11, 2020, 14:05
Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2020, 14:05
Nov 11, 2020, 14:05

Permanent damage? They just got 70m+ people to vote for someone who just spent nearly four years proving he wasn't qualified to be POTUS. The GOP is as powerful as they ever were...

Nov 11, 2020, 13:31
Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2020, 13:31
Nov 11, 2020, 13:31

As of this writing, the Republican Party has not suffered permanent damage to its integrity and reputation because of President Trump’s post-election rampaging.
That’s definitely debatable.
John Bolton: Time is running out for Trump — and Republicans who coddle him
Burrito of Peace

Nov 11, 2020, 09:11
Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2020, 09:11
Nov 11, 2020, 09:11

Nov 11, 2020, 05:31
Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2020, 05:31
Nov 11, 2020, 05:31

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 11, 2020, 05:22:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 10, 2020, 17:58:
Al Frankenstein
Op-Ed: Good luck, President-elect Biden. You’ll need it.
not funny Al

I mean there is also this
So how is that Trump coup going I wonder?
Orange tiny hands surrounded himself with Yes Men and yes men say yes.
The impeached, one term president continues to damage America not only at home but abroad.
We are going to be fine. God willing he'll end up behind bars.
And if I've never said it before I'll say it now, Fuck Trump.

Great article about QAnon in the Washington post. Those nutjobs are really freaking out.
Washingtonpost paywall free http://archive.today/mL99N

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/11/10/qanon-identity-crisis/

4 years ago today President Barack Obama invited the dotard to the White House and they discussed the transfer for 90 minutes.
Nevertheless, nothing is stopping President Joseph Biden's preparation to become the next leader of the free world.
And 90 minutes spent with the shithead squatting in the White House would be an entire waste of time.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2020, 05:43.
Burrito of Peace
176 Replies. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ] Older