View : : :
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Evening Mobilization
Oct 29, 2020, 12:31
Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 29, 2020, 12:31
Oct 29, 2020, 12:31

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 29, 2020, 10:47:
It's gotten much worse with the new communication standards in big companies.. Teams etc. Where you are now in a "corporate approved" chat-room with your boss and THEIR boss.....
Oh that was going on before I left. The extra fun part was them changing from IRC to Yahoo Messaging to GoogleChat to Hipchat to whateverIcan'tremember and how some people trailed behind in various platforms. If it hadn't been for Trillian which allowed me to have a single application talking to all those platforms simultaneously I might have gone Rambo on the management...
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Oct 29, 2020, 12:11
Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 29, 2020, 12:11
Oct 29, 2020, 12:11

That article is part of "Evil Week, our annual dive into all the slightly sketchy hacks we'd usually refrain from recommending."

Another article is "How to Create Multiple Fakebook Account"
I'm not sure I would trust a fake facebook account with my fakebook VR headset and related purchases.

At any time Facebook can lock you out of your account and ask you to provide proof of who you are. You would then have to provide photo ID.
So if they ever did that with your fake account it would be a bummer if you had thousands of dollars invested into their ecosystem for VR/AR.
- I refer to it as BC, Before Corona, and AD, After Disaster. -

Oct 29, 2020, 12:09
Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 29, 2020, 12:09
Oct 29, 2020, 12:09

sure, this is exactly what we need right now
(how's that?)

Oct 29, 2020, 10:47
Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 29, 2020, 10:47
Oct 29, 2020, 10:47

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 29, 2020, 09:10:
Passive-aggressive behavior in most cases can only be effectively communicated via voice communication. And for some reason many people don't realize this. Hence, whether they are the sender or the receiver they incorrectly interpret written messages. Using the article's example, responding "That's fine" to a suggested meeting time may or may not be passive-aggressive. The tone of the voice is key in communicating that perception.

I have personally had issue with this at work in the past. Just because I answer your yes or no question, with an email containing a single word of yes or no does not necessarily indicate I am attempting to be curt. People need to learn to make fewer assumptions...

It's gotten much worse with the new communication standards in big companies.. Teams etc. Where you are now in a "corporate approved" chat-room with your boss and THEIR boss.....

Oct 29, 2020, 09:10
Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 29, 2020, 09:10
Oct 29, 2020, 09:10

Passive-aggressive behavior in most cases can only be effectively communicated via voice communication. And for some reason many people don't realize this. Hence, whether they are the sender or the receiver they incorrectly interpret written messages. Using the article's example, responding "That's fine" to a suggested meeting time may or may not be passive-aggressive. The tone of the voice is key in communicating that perception.

I have personally had issue with this at work in the past. Just because I answer your yes or no question, with an email containing a single word of yes or no does not necessarily indicate I am attempting to be curt. People need to learn to make fewer assumptions...
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Oct 29, 2020, 06:49
Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 29, 2020, 06:49
Oct 29, 2020, 06:49

I know quite a few people here who got this skill down to perfection, somewhat.
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older