Darkest Dungeon 2 EA Exclusive to the Epic Games Store in 2021

A new trailer from Red Hook Studios offers a teaser for Darkest Dungeon 2 called "A Glimmer of Hope." This concludes with word that the horror/RPG sequel is coming to Early Access on the Epic Games Store in 2021. According to a Darkest Dungeon 2 FAQ on Steam, the game will be exclusive to the Epic store until version 1.0, at which point it will come to other storefronts (thanks Gematsu). Here's an outlook on how long Early Access will run: "Darkest Dungeon 1 was in EA for 11.5 months. We find the yearlong period to be a good goal which allows for lots of additions and refinements but also doesn’t become a perpetual Early Access product. However, part of the benefit of Early Access is being able to adjust a bit to feedback, so we aren’t fixing that duration in stone at this time." Here's a brief description of the game:
The eagerly awaited follow-up to Red Hook's smash hit gothic horror RPG! DDII will test your mettle and drive you to the brink of madness. Armor yourself with purpose and provision your party for the journey ahead. It will be arduous.
View : : :

Re: Darkest Dungeon 2 EA Exclusive to the Epic Games Store in 2021
Oct 21, 2020, 21:25
Re: Darkest Dungeon 2 EA Exclusive to the Epic Games Store in 2021 Oct 21, 2020, 21:25
Oct 21, 2020, 21:25

I'd have probably bought into the early access if it was on steam, but I won't be doing so on EGS.
The first game is much more fun with QoL mods and the steam workshop integration was fantastic. So unless they're intending to bring in better modding ability to the base game, or EGS eventually gets around to adding some kind of workshop, then i'll just wait for a steam release.
Date
Subject
Author
Oct 21, 2020Oct 21 2020
Re: Darkest Dungeon 2 EA Exclusive to the Epic Games Store in 2021