Noita Leaves Early Access

If you've been waiting until Early Access concluded for Noita before trying it, this is noita problem any longer, as this magical action roguelite is now officially available for Windows on GOG.com, itch.io, and Steam. This carries a 20% discount for the first week. Noita is the brainchild of three developers who have created award-winning games as solo projects, including Seumas McNally Grand Prize winner Crayon Physics Deluxe. The official launch includes the game's biggest update yet, adding new enemies, perks, music, and over 20 spells, along with game improvements, bug fixes, and Twitch integration. You can get a look at the game in this Launch Trailer and read on for more:
Noita is a magical action roguelite set in a world where every pixel is physically simulated. Fight, explore, melt, burn, freeze and evaporate your way through the procedurally generated world using spells you've created yourself. Explore a variety of environments ranging from coal mines to freezing wastelands while delving deeper in search for unknown mysteries.

• Pixel-based physics: Every pixel in the world is simulated. Burn, explode or met anything. Swim in the blood of your foes! Enter a simulated world that is more interactive than anything you've seen before.
  • Your own magic: Create new spells as you delve deeper into the caverns. Use magic to crush your enemies and manipulate the world around you.
  • Procedurally generated world: Explore a unique world every time you play. Discover new environments as you adventure deeper.
  • Action roguelite: Death is permanent and always a looming threat. When you die, don’t despair, use what you’ve learned to get further on your next adventure.

View : : :
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Noita Leaves Early Access
Oct 19, 2020, 04:55
Re: Noita Leaves Early Access Oct 19, 2020, 04:55
Oct 19, 2020, 04:55

Do these things happen? I had no idea.

Oct 19, 2020, 04:08
Re: Noita Leaves Early Access Oct 19, 2020, 04:08
Oct 19, 2020, 04:08

jdreyer wrote on Oct 16, 2020, 22:31:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 16, 2020, 19:28:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 16, 2020, 19:20:
As tired as I am of developers defaulting to pixel art in order to avoid the expense of having actual graphics, I must say that looks quite nice. And the gameplay looks pretty amazing.
If you like a million and one ways to die.

Yeah, I'm not sure how much of this I'd play, a few hours for sure. But this kind of "pixel physics sandbox" has been among Dreyerson's most played games over the years: things like People Playground and Powdertoy. So I'd probably spend more time watching him play.

Uh, interesting. Powedertoy looks like a sand falling game that I've played years ago.
People playground, on the other hand, is something that I've seen on Gary still plays youtube channel but somehow it's not really interesting.

Noita is a cool game to sink a few hours into but there is no sense of progression. Normally that is not necessarily a bad thing. In Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup, the best roguelike there is, there is no in-game progression at all. The progression is all in your head. The more you play the more you learn and there is a lot to see. There is also a lot to see in Noita but it feels shallow in comparison and there is nothing to unlock.
Noita is really fun but only for short bursts and I can heartily recommend it but going by its "roguelike merits" it is pretty weak.

Oct 16, 2020, 22:31
Re: Noita Leaves Early Access Oct 16, 2020, 22:31
Oct 16, 2020, 22:31

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 16, 2020, 19:28:
As tired as I am of developers defaulting to pixel art in order to avoid the expense of having actual graphics, I must say that looks quite nice. And the gameplay looks pretty amazing.

Yeah, I'm not sure how much of this I'd play, a few hours for sure. But this kind of "pixel physics sandbox" has been among Dreyerson's most played games over the years: things like People Playground and Powdertoy. So I'd probably spend more time watching him play.
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

Oct 16, 2020, 21:41
Re: Noita Leaves Early Access Oct 16, 2020, 21:41
Oct 16, 2020, 21:41

I bought this during Early Access on GoG, and have only played it a little bit, waiting for the full release, but... holy shit I have died so many times. This full release trailer does not fill me with confidence as far as living a longer in game life.

Oct 16, 2020, 19:28
Re: Noita Leaves Early Access Oct 16, 2020, 19:28
Oct 16, 2020, 19:28

A mask is an IQ test
"All of humanity's problems stem from man's inability to sit quietly in a room alone." Blaise Pascal

Oct 16, 2020, 19:20
Re: Noita Leaves Early Access Oct 16, 2020, 19:20
Oct 16, 2020, 19:20

To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

Oct 16, 2020, 18:13
Re: Noita Leaves Early Access Oct 16, 2020, 18:13
Oct 16, 2020, 18:13

Oh damn I am in on this

Oct 16, 2020, 12:29
Re: Noita Leaves Early Access Oct 16, 2020, 12:29
Oct 16, 2020, 12:29

Blue: "..this is noita problem any longer"
Audience: *laughs*
Blue: "Thank you, I'll be here all week. Try the fish!"