4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Morning Safety Dance
Oct 17, 2020, 07:31
Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 17, 2020, 07:31
Oct 17, 2020, 07:31

From day one I thought 230 was a very bad idea. Any publishing without liability is just an invitation to chaos. Defining online "platforms" as something other than publishing was a really bad idea. Without it does anyone think the current idiot in chief would have ever been elected.

The republicans are doing their usual slight of hand misdirection on this. 230 to them is not the issue, the issue to them is that while they are in total power, they can replace it with some punch and judy kangaroo court that they appoint that decides what internet "platforms" can or can not show.

To me Internet "platforms" are no different from building a huge wall view-able in a public area, and providing free spray paint, ladders, and cage systems so anyone can put up any graffiti they wish, and if obscenity or false/harmful show up on the wall, there is no responsibility or liability for anyone, pure chaos.
"Meet the new Boss, same as the old Boss." - The Who.

Oct 16, 2020, 14:29
NKD
Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 16, 2020, 14:29
Oct 16, 2020, 14:29
NKD

Beamer wrote on Oct 16, 2020, 13:40:
Should Blue be liable for every time Cutter tells someone to kill themselves? He's done it a few times. If someone sees it before a mod takes it down, is Blue liable for any damages?

I don't know but I'm tempted to sue Blue every time I see Cutter post.
"Sometimes, there are two sides. But more often, one side says it is a car. And one side says it is an umbrella. And only one is right. And the other one doesn’t deserve our attention." -Shepard Smith

Oct 16, 2020, 13:40
Beamer

Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 16, 2020, 13:40
Oct 16, 2020, 13:40
 Beamer

How would you write a law to apply only to them? And where do you draw the line? Does this apply to Facebook? How about reddit? How about Voat or Parler? How about 4chan? How about Bluesnews?

Should Blue be liable for every time Cutter tells someone to kill themselves? He's done it a few times. If someone sees it before a mod takes it down, is Blue liable for any damages?

Oct 16, 2020, 13:38
Cutter

Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 16, 2020, 13:38
Oct 16, 2020, 13:38
 Cutter

I think Justice Thomas is right and reasonable in that. Those corporations have very deep pockets. There's absolutely no reason they can't hire a metric shit ton more moderators and use neural-nets to find and censor illegal content at the very least. They make literal fortunes and do a piss poor job of protecting the public. That's completely irresponsible, unethical, and it's all predicated on greed. I've always said that in society if people choose not to act responsibly, they should be made to be. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one. Goddamn straight!

"Hot air hangs like a dead man, from a white oak tree. People sitting on porches, thinking how things used to be. It's a dark night...dark night."
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older