Developer Larian Studios offers reflections on
Baldur's Gate 3
into Early Access. There's a new
Community Update #9 on Steam
discussing what went right and wrong with
the launch, their celebration of the occasion, and the three hotfixes they've
issued to address issues. Looking forward, they share some of the feedback
they've collected, both through player comments as well as via analytics,
including heatmaps, some of which they share. Finally, they provide patch notes
for the game's first major patch, saying the TLDR is: "fewer glitches, better
stability, and more polish." Here are those notes:
- Added polish and bug fixes to several in-game cinematics, such as Shadow
Heart recruitment, Astarion recruitment and Volo's Poem. (These will be
ongoing throughout EA).
- Added minor text tweaks to various bits and bobs.
- Altered certain dialogue choices for different NPCs.
- Added extra combat tutorial messages to better explain the basics (let
us know how you get on).
- Astarion no longer thinks Lae'zel inspected you at camp when she is not
in your party. Quite rightly.
- Fixed a crash related to having the level up screen open while in a
- Fixed a crash related to dropping items from inventory.
- Fixed a rare crash that could happen at the start of combat.
- Fixed a possible blocking issue when using the transponder at the end of
the tutorial twice.
- Fixed black screen issue when ending tutorial if the transponder was
used by any character that is not the main player avatar.
- Fixed a possible blocking issue when reassigning characters to others
players while in combat.
- Fixed an issue with lip sync not working correctly.
- Fixed several localization issues.
- Fixed combat UI not updating correctly when someone joined during
- Fixed party shared gold and items not always working in dialog checks.
- Fixed summons from NPC’s getting stuck in combat.
- Fixed levelled up characters having duplicated racial and class
- Fixed not being able to level up to level 4 on a Zariel Tiefling Cleric
of Light due to cantrip selection.
- Fixed text cut-off issues in several interfaces.
- Fixed party members getting stuck trying to open doors they run past.
- Fixed listening in to dialogs getting stuck in multiplayer, also causing
players not being able to save.
- Fixed camp button being broken after closing the camp window with escape
- Fixed "end the day" multiplayer message being broken if a player closed
it with an escape key.
- Fixed certain quests not having map markers.
- Fixed certain secret entrances incorrectly showing up on the map.
- Fixed incorrect player portraits in the lobby screen as more people
- Fixed Cambion wings and Tiefling tail animations.
- Fixed map not centering correctly on player characters in smaller
- Fixed health values not being synced correctly to the Baldur's Gate 3
- Fixed superiority die not showing actual values when using abilities
such as Menacing attack.
- Fixed minor issues with hair, skinning and textures on several models.
- Fixed lighting issue in owlbear cave.
- Fixed not being able to walk over corpses.
- Tweaked ragdolls to reduce the possibility of models exploding (or
glitching. Idk how to explain it, but it’s spooky).