Torchlight III Released

Torchlight III is now available, a new installment in the action/RPG series that passes the development torch from Runic Games to Echtra Games, though this is mostly the same group of Flagship expatriates. The Windows version can be found on Steam, where it has been in Early Access since June, and it's also available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One with a Switch edition expected later this month. "Torchlight III has arrived, and we at Echtra are beyond ecstatic for gamers to finally join the adventure," said Max Schaefer, CEO of Echtra Games and co-founder of the Torchlight franchise. "Development on this game has had its share of twists and turns, but we think the end result was well worth the wait. A huge thank you to the fans who have patiently stayed with us through this journey. Your support means everything. Now go jump in and have fun exploring the Frontier!" You can get a look at this in action in the Official Launch Trailer and read on for more details:
Longtime Torchlight fans will be happy to discover that Torchlight III features the same signature gameplay mechanics that set the original series apart from other ARPGs, including satisfying hack’n’slash combat, a charming and vibrant world, both online 4-player cooperative multiplayer and offline single-player, plus the beloved pet system. Torchlight III also introduces new features, such as three epic acts, unique Relic subclasses, fully customizable forts and a challenging end-game experience in “Fazeer Shah’s Dun-Djinn.” In addition, the game includes a multi-tiered “Contracts” progression system that lets players earn Fame and unlock elite items, along with a myriad of quests and boss battles. All of these features contribute to the epic return of the iconic franchise and an even more accessible adventure for new Torchlight players.

Below is a detailed list of features for the full release of Torchlight III:

• Travel the Frontier: Players can explore the wilderness, party with friends, gather materials to craft loot, use magical maps to enter unknown dungeons, or show off their spoils in town! There’s always something to do in the new frontier.
  • Build & Upgrade Your Fort: It’s time to rebuild! Players can enjoy their very own account-based fort, where they can upgrade gear, and make renovations to show it off to their friends and the world. The game allows them to build monuments of power, pet stables, and more!
  • Choose a Relic: Relics are objects of great power that grant players a suite of active skills and passive skills. Players must choose one of five of these at the beginning of their journey and use skill points to unlock or enhance their relic’s abilities. The relic is an important part of a character's strategy - choose wisely!
  • Collect Epic Gear: Suit up in a robust variety of armor and weapons found across the frontier including charming hats, pet apparel, and unique locomotion options. Players can select from a wide array of weapons that suit their playstyle and class build. With over a hundred Legendary items, players can permanently acquire their special abilities in order to make themselves more unique and powerful.
  • Pets are Back: Players can fight their way to fame and glory with loyal companions! Each of the many species comes in a myriad of colors and styles so adventurers shouldn’t settle for the first one they find. They can make these trusty pets stronger by adding skills, equip them with gear to make them hardier, and together battle enemies as a team. Pets also have their own vast inventory for items, and players have the option to have their pets sell items directly in town.
  • Build Your Hero: With four classes to choose from, along with 20 class and Relic combinations -- each combination offering a unique playstyle -- and a wide range of choices of where to place skill points at, players can utilize class-specific mechanics to maximize damage and their odds of survival. Torchlight III lets them gather epic gear, select your Relic powers, and customize loadouts to create a unique combat style for their heroes.

View : : :
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Torchlight III Released
Oct 14, 2020, 12:31
Re: Torchlight III Released Oct 14, 2020, 12:31
Oct 14, 2020, 12:31

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 14, 2020, 11:26:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Oct 14, 2020, 11:01:
I have 800+ hours into path of exile and I couldn't even touch these games for more than a few dozen hours.
Are you still playing it? I looked at it the other day and it just seems like every league they add complexity and I'm not really up for it despite having built four characters to 87+ in four different leagues.

I started it again this league for a few dozen hours and I just stopped because of Baldurs gate 3 made me wnat to play Divinity.. i have a friend who has 10,000 hours into it since release and him and his friends play every night pretty much so they got me up to speed quickly. I had to relearn a whole bunch of things since I haven't played in 4 years but it's pretty much the same with new skills and better supports. There's still builds that are the go-to's and builds that are not worth doing but the contrast between them has been reduced due to socket able gems/class subclasses and new supports. My first character was a hardcore heist summoner (as they can do everything) and it was easy up until I got cocky and died on a boss I didn't look up in a map (it was also 1 am and I was real tired). Made a non-hardcore because that one hurt.

Anyways, the new acts are cool, Was like playing a new game all over again. The thing with new leagues is they keep leaving the stuff int he game so you have to stop and look up what the hell a pile of frozen guys are with something like "essence of hatred" and then Einherjar hunter dude and you come across animals with crazy spectral stampedes andbombings and you're like WHAT DO I DO?!?!? My advice, just don't play hardcore, die a couple times and laugh as you figure it out. None of the previous league stuff broke the game for me.. it actually made a bunch of stuff easier. Such as this league, 20% quality gems aren't hard to find.

Oct 14, 2020, 11:26
Re: Torchlight III Released Oct 14, 2020, 11:26
Oct 14, 2020, 11:26

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Oct 14, 2020, 11:01:
I have 800+ hours into path of exile and I couldn't even touch these games for more than a few dozen hours.
Are you still playing it? I looked at it the other day and it just seems like every league they add complexity and I'm not really up for it despite having built four characters to 87+ in four different leagues.
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Oct 14, 2020, 11:01
Re: Torchlight III Released Oct 14, 2020, 11:01
Oct 14, 2020, 11:01

Lord Tea wrote on Oct 14, 2020, 04:27:
I’m playing Grim Dawn which has zero depth but it’s a beautifully crafted, eye candy hack n slash title.

I finished the first boss in grim dawn and couldn't continue.. found it so boring.. don't ask me why but i just could not get the will to play it.

For torchlight series.. i have 1 and 2 and couldn't play them either... I have 800+ hours into path of exile and I couldn't even touch these games for more than a few dozen hours.

Oct 14, 2020, 10:51
Re: Torchlight III Released Oct 14, 2020, 10:51
Oct 14, 2020, 10:51

*meh* I might pick it up on a 50% sale...
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Oct 14, 2020, 05:10
Re: Torchlight III Released Oct 14, 2020, 05:10
Oct 14, 2020, 05:10

If you're looking for a very good ARPG, get Wolcen. I enjoyed the SP experience so extremely much that I was honestly surprised through the entire experience that this game wasn't showing up everywhere as one of the best ARPGs currently out there.

Later on I realized many players bought Wolcen for co-op and that still seems to have performance issues. But for a good SP experience, go for it.

Oct 14, 2020, 04:27
Re: Torchlight III Released Oct 14, 2020, 04:27
Oct 14, 2020, 04:27

Sacrifex wrote on Oct 13, 2020, 17:55:
A lot of reviews are saying this game has less depth than TL2, which sold for $20 if I recall correctly - something like 8 years ago.

Torchlight 2, mind you, which wasn't a game that evolved and was constantly supported directly over time like Diablo 3 (using this as an example of the level of support, not an example of a perfect ARPG), so, saying that this is just the launch version is a pretty weak argument.

Yeah, I like ARPG's, but this is a pretty hard no for me. If you like it, that's cool, but it does not sound like anything worth even half what it costs. This is bargain bin fodder at best.

Less depth than TL2? How’s that even possible? I’m playing Grim Dawn which has zero depth but it’s a beautifully crafted, eye candy hack n slash title. I wouldn’t be paying $40 for the TL cartoon style.
Anytime. Anywhere. Anyone.
[Tagline: John Carpenter's "The Thing"]
[Tagline: United Police States of America]

Oct 13, 2020, 22:34
Re: Torchlight III Released Oct 13, 2020, 22:34
Oct 13, 2020, 22:34

Looks more like a wow clone, for 8 year olds.
The worst criminal in human history, undeniably. There has never been a figure in political history, so dedicated to destroying the prospects of organized human life on the planet, in the near future.

Beating and Gassing Americans for Jesus!

Oct 13, 2020, 18:29
Re: Torchlight III Released Oct 13, 2020, 18:29
Oct 13, 2020, 18:29

Too many ARPGs around to get my interest, especially at that price. Kinda burned out on those things. I decided to try Genshin Impact a few days ago, and so my time is no longer free.

Oct 13, 2020, 18:19
Re: Torchlight III Released Oct 13, 2020, 18:19
Oct 13, 2020, 18:19

Saboth wrote on Oct 13, 2020, 17:39:
Holy Cow, $40? No discount for previous buyers or new release? I was thinking this would be $14.99 or $19.99.

TL2, as mentioned below, launched at $20. I could see them upping the price a bit, as that was almost 10 years ago, but double the price had better offer something pretty special. Doesn't sound like this does.
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

Oct 13, 2020, 17:55
Re: Torchlight III Released Oct 13, 2020, 17:55
Oct 13, 2020, 17:55

A lot of reviews are saying this game has less depth than TL2, which sold for $20 if I recall correctly - something like 8 years ago.

Torchlight 2, mind you, which wasn't a game that evolved and was constantly supported directly over time like Diablo 3 (using this as an example of the level of support, not an example of a perfect ARPG), so, saying that this is just the launch version is a pretty weak argument.

Yeah, I like ARPG's, but this is a pretty hard no for me. If you like it, that's cool, but it does not sound like anything worth even half what it costs. This is bargain bin fodder at best.

Oct 13, 2020, 17:39
Re: Torchlight III Released Oct 13, 2020, 17:39
Oct 13, 2020, 17:39

Holy Cow, $40? No discount for previous buyers or new release? I was thinking this would be $14.99 or $19.99.

Oct 13, 2020, 16:53
Dev

Re: Torchlight III Released Oct 13, 2020, 16:53
Oct 13, 2020, 16:53
 Dev

Rating Mixed, under 50%.

Yeah sounds about right for when someone ignores all the early access feedback.

Edit: Looking at just today's ratings it looks like more positive reviews than negative. Only time will tell. Certainly not something I'll get unless it's on a heavy sale, and even then only if recent ratings improve.

Oct 13, 2020, 16:37
emgarf

Re: Torchlight III Released Oct 13, 2020, 16:37
Oct 13, 2020, 16:37
 emgarf

If you liked T1 and T2, you'll probably like T3. I did and I do; good brainless fun.

Oct 13, 2020, 16:30
Re: Torchlight III Released Oct 13, 2020, 16:30
Oct 13, 2020, 16:30

Should I be concerned that the trailer shows no more than 7 seconds of combat? lol

Oct 13, 2020, 15:11
Re: Torchlight III Released Oct 13, 2020, 15:11
Oct 13, 2020, 15:11

crickets indeed, lol. hard pass from i&i
"not everyone, can be, not an asshole"

Oct 13, 2020, 13:49
Cram

Re: Torchlight III Released Oct 13, 2020, 13:49
Oct 13, 2020, 13:49
 Cram