Into the Black

Last Link of the Day: Sneak Peek: Senator Harry Reid's Bombshell Reveal in THE PHENOMENON. Thanks HuffPost UK via RedEye9.

Obituary: John McCain's mother, Roberta, dies.
View : : :
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Into the Black
Oct 14, 2020, 08:03
Re: Into the Black Oct 14, 2020, 08:03
Oct 14, 2020, 08:03

Bodolza wrote on Oct 13, 2020, 12:58:
The videos released by the Pentagon recently where very obviously optical artifacts.

Optical artifacts don't have radar returns, nor are they a reason to scramble an entire squadron of fighter jets. There is a lot of hearsay and anecdotal evidence with regard to UFO sightings. This is one that is definitely not either. You have naval logs, naval comms, radar tracks, optical video, and eyewitness testimony from Naval aviators and seamen, just regarding this one event. It's the most compelling evidence I have yet seen, and the one that has turned me from a skeptic into, well not a believer, but someone who at least considers the phenomenon seriously.

Oct 14, 2020, 02:25
Re: Into the Black Oct 14, 2020, 02:25
Oct 14, 2020, 02:25

NKD wrote on Oct 13, 2020, 12:12:
Aliens wouldn't have much reason to hide their existence from us. Even if they had some kind of non-interference rule, if they were abundant out there you'd get plenty of rulebreakers, given the limitations on actually enforcing such a policy over a large area of space. As far as government cover-ups go, I think the government has proven they aren't capable of that and if aliens wanted to make themselves known, there's nothing they could do about it.

Advanced civilizations are probably just too uncommon for any two to A) Be near each other, B) Be extant at the same time, C) Have the capability and interest to reach each other

A) Why are you automatically assuming it's Aliens.

B) Why are you assuming that these beings (if they are beings) exhibit motivation or behavior that is anywhere close to human motivation or behavior.

C) When humans study ants, do we present ourselves to the queen Ant and say we come in peace? If we did, how would the Ants perceive that, would they even know we are there?

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2020, 02:38.

Oct 14, 2020, 02:23
Re: Into the Black Oct 14, 2020, 02:23
Oct 14, 2020, 02:23

Watch the documentary people. I've seen it yesterday. The whole point of the documentary is that whatever this phenomenon is, it is NOT hiding. It's out there in plain sight. The sightings are rare enough that most people don't take notice of them, and those that do, ignore them or dismiss them out of hand. There is no real need for any kind of deep government coverup, as the subject itself carries a certain stigma that is anathema to public officials. (The actual documentary goes into some detail into why that is.)

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2020, 09:58.

Oct 13, 2020, 12:58
Re: Into the Black Oct 13, 2020, 12:58
Oct 13, 2020, 12:58

I'm willing to believe that it's possible that there are non-terrestial UFOs, but I've yet to see any evidence of it. The videos released by the Pentagon recently where very obviously optical artifacts.

Oct 13, 2020, 12:12
NKD
Re: Into the Black Oct 13, 2020, 12:12
Oct 13, 2020, 12:12
NKD

Aliens wouldn't have much reason to hide their existence from us. Even if they had some kind of non-interference rule, if they were abundant out there you'd get plenty of rulebreakers, given the limitations on actually enforcing such a policy over a large area of space. As far as government cover-ups go, I think the government has proven they aren't capable of that and if aliens wanted to make themselves known, there's nothing they could do about it.

Advanced civilizations are probably just too uncommon for any two to A) Be near each other, B) Be extant at the same time, C) Have the capability and interest to reach each other
"Sometimes, there are two sides. But more often, one side says it is a car. And one side says it is an umbrella. And only one is right. And the other one doesn’t deserve our attention." -Shepard Smith

Oct 13, 2020, 11:52
Re: Into the Black Oct 13, 2020, 11:52
Oct 13, 2020, 11:52

VaranDragon wrote on Oct 13, 2020, 10:46:
Oh you mean how some people still believe that the earth is flat despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary?
I mean how some people still believe that the Earth is flat despite the fact it isn't.
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Oct 13, 2020, 11:40
Beamer

Re: Into the Black Oct 13, 2020, 11:40
Oct 13, 2020, 11:40
 Beamer

VaranDragon wrote on Oct 13, 2020, 10:00:
Beamer wrote on Oct 13, 2020, 09:42:
It's really hard to imagine a way or a reason for aliens to be in our atmosphere but not noticeable by ordinary citizens (given that powerful telescopes are cheap, and cellphones have given us all powerful cameras on our person at all times), and that there'd be a reason to enter the atmosphere but not land.

Yes it is, isn't it? It is hard to imagine a reason. But just because you can't imagine a reason, doesn't mean that there isn't one or that there even needs to be one. It just means that you think you know better. I mean I've seen and heard a scientist talk to a journalist about the released F18 videos, where multimillion dollar sensor equipment caught flying objects doing crazy high G maneuvers, and recorded that on video, while being commented on and observed by the crew of that F18 and other airplanes in the sky at the time, say and I quote: "It's a sensor glitch". Yeah. Sure. Multimillion dollar equipment that is serviced regularly, is designed to target hostile enemies and keep those crews alive is having a malfunction, then and there. Oh and by the way, so are the eyes of those pilots.

It's confirmation bias, pure and simple. People don't know what else to think, so they fall back on what they know. And what they know is jack shit. We need to study this. It could be fucking important.

We can apply all this to religion, you know.
We have no evidence. None. A few anecdotes, and a few grainy videos. None of that is evidence.

But you're asking us to believe, anyway. That's blind faith. I'll require some form of evidence prior to believing something.

We're not alone in this universe, but there's no evidence we're anything but alone on this planet, and that's something that should be hard to hide.

Oct 13, 2020, 10:46
Re: Into the Black Oct 13, 2020, 10:46
Oct 13, 2020, 10:46

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 13, 2020, 10:28:
It's confirmation bias, pure and simple. People don't know what else to think, so they fall back on what they know. And what they know is jack shit. We need to study this. It could be fucking important.
Take your own advise and recognize your own bias. As I said, investigation is fine, but there are limits. As El Pit indicated there are better things to spend our time and effort on. And even if you spend billions investigating, proving a negative is often very difficult. And no matter what any investigation finds (or more likely, doesn't find) there will be people who believe aliens have visited us and the government is hiding the evidence. But anyway... *shrug*

Oh you mean how some people still believe that the earth is flat despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary? Look, I have the utmost respect for people who are at the forefront of science. My very own dad is a retired dr. phys. of theoretical physics. Someone who has done pure research into cosmology for most of his life. But that scientist from my own example is guilty of assuming an answer when the correct answer is actually "I don't know".

As far as I know there is exactly one real serious research project using modern sensor technology and camera/video equipment in the entire world trying to study these phenomena. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hessdalen_lights ) It's based in Norway. I'm not saying throw billions of dollars into this, but on the off chance it turns out to be important (and I do agree it's a small chance) why not throw some money and serious scientific minds into tackling this? If it turns out to be nothing, then at least it's one less mystery. If it turns out to be something, then that something could be one of the most profound discoveries in the history of mankind.

Oct 13, 2020, 10:44
Re: Into the Black Oct 13, 2020, 10:44
Oct 13, 2020, 10:44

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 13, 2020, 10:35:
El Pit wrote on Oct 13, 2020, 09:51:
Also: if some intelligent alien species would be smart enough to magically be able to travel faster than the speed of light - would they not be also smart enough to make sure to not be seen by us? And if they wanted us to see them - would there not be better proof than very, VERY bad quality pictures and videos? So: there are no alien visitors.

Bruh, think about how many stupid humans there are that misunderstand and misuse the technology which our greatest minds have developed... To make such an assumption and then call that proof is beyond laughable.
prime example, Filming Vertically.
I only do that when I'm filming my junk or shooting a rocket launch. Many think they're one and the same.
A mask is an IQ test
"All of humanity's problems stem from man's inability to sit quietly in a room alone." Blaise Pascal

Oct 13, 2020, 10:40
Re: Into the Black Oct 13, 2020, 10:40
Oct 13, 2020, 10:40

Charlie don't surf
Big Foot Don't Fly at night
A mask is an IQ test
"All of humanity's problems stem from man's inability to sit quietly in a room alone." Blaise Pascal

Oct 13, 2020, 10:36
Re: Into the Black Oct 13, 2020, 10:36
Oct 13, 2020, 10:36

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 13, 2020, 10:20:
It's really hard to imagine a way or a reason for aliens to be in our atmosphere but not noticeable by ordinary citizens (given that powerful telescopes are cheap, and cellphones have given us all powerful cameras on our person at all times), and that there'd be a reason to enter the atmosphere but not land.
Big Foot went into hiding once he found out about the proliferation of cell phones that can shoot 4k 30fps video.
It's a fact.

Nice attempt. But I'll bite anyway. Take your top of the line 4k 30fps mobile phone and take a picture of the sky on a dark night. Better yet, make a video. Just of the moon and stars. Let me know how your videos turn out.

Oct 13, 2020, 10:35
Re: Into the Black Oct 13, 2020, 10:35
Oct 13, 2020, 10:35

El Pit wrote on Oct 13, 2020, 09:51:
Also: if some intelligent alien species would be smart enough to magically be able to travel faster than the speed of light - would they not be also smart enough to make sure to not be seen by us? And if they wanted us to see them - would there not be better proof than very, VERY bad quality pictures and videos? So: there are no alien visitors.

Bruh, think about how many stupid humans there are that misunderstand and misuse the technology which our greatest minds have developed... To make such an assumption and then call that proof is beyond laughable.

Oct 13, 2020, 10:28
Re: Into the Black Oct 13, 2020, 10:28
Oct 13, 2020, 10:28

Take your own advise and recognize your own bias. As I said, investigation is fine, but there are limits. As El Pit indicated there are better things to spend our time and effort on. And even if you spend billions investigating, proving a negative is often very difficult. And no matter what any investigation finds (or more likely, doesn't find) there will be people who believe aliens have visited us and the government is hiding the evidence. But anyway... *shrug*

Oct 13, 2020, 10:20
Re: Into the Black Oct 13, 2020, 10:20
Oct 13, 2020, 10:20

Big Foot went into hiding once he found out about the proliferation of cell phones that can shoot 4k 30fps video.
It's a fact.
A mask is an IQ test

Oct 13, 2020, 10:00
Re: Into the Black Oct 13, 2020, 10:00
Oct 13, 2020, 10:00

Yes it is, isn't it? It is hard to imagine a reason. But just because you can't imagine a reason, doesn't mean that there isn't one or that there even needs to be one. It just means that you think you know better. I mean I've seen and heard a scientist talk to a journalist about the released F18 videos, where multimillion dollar sensor equipment caught flying objects doing crazy high G maneuvers, and recorded that on video, while being commented on and observed by the crew of that F18 and other airplanes in the sky at the time, say and I quote: "It's a sensor glitch". Yeah. Sure. Multimillion dollar equipment that is serviced regularly, is designed to target hostile enemies and keep those crews alive is having a malfunction, then and there. Oh and by the way, so are the eyes of those pilots.

Oct 13, 2020, 09:51
El Pit

Re: Into the Black Oct 13, 2020, 09:51
Oct 13, 2020, 09:51
 El Pit

Even an airplane is an UFO until it is identified.

There are no visitors from places that are 1,000s of lightyears away because of the limit that is the speed of light.

Also: if some intelligent alien species would be smart enough to magically be able to travel faster than the speed of light - would they not be also smart enough to make sure to not be seen by us? And if they wanted us to see them - would there not be better proof than very, VERY bad quality pictures and videos? So: there are no alien visitors. And now let's solve more important problems like e.g. the changing currents in the oceans and what this means for life on Earth.
"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

Oct 13, 2020, 09:42
Beamer

Re: Into the Black Oct 13, 2020, 09:42
Oct 13, 2020, 09:42
 Beamer

Oct 13, 2020, 09:27
Re: Into the Black Oct 13, 2020, 09:27
Oct 13, 2020, 09:27

Investigation is fine. Belief is a problem. Skepticism is advisable. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Oct 13, 2020, 09:15
Re: Into the Black Oct 13, 2020, 09:15
Oct 13, 2020, 09:15

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 13, 2020, 09:13:
All fine and well. But other than stating the obvious of we don't know everything and there is plenty we can't imagine, what are you attempting to say? Are you proposing this as support for alien landings?

Nope, all Im saying is that we can't dismiss things out of hand based on what we know. We need to study these phenomena, even if they turn out to be mass hallucinations or sensor glitches.

Oct 13, 2020, 09:13
Re: Into the Black Oct 13, 2020, 09:13
Oct 13, 2020, 09:13

All fine and well. But other than stating the obvious of we don't know everything and there is plenty we can't imagine, what are you attempting to say? Are you proposing this as support for alien landings?
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older