Cyberpunk 2077 Development Succumbing to Crunch

Bloomberg reports that CD PROJEKT RED is mandating six-day work weeks leading up to the promised November 19th release of Cyberpunk 2077. The developer previously repeatedly promised they would not put their staff through the dreaded crunch leading up to the launch of the eagerly anticipated RPG. But there was a hint earlier this year that they were backtracking on this commitment. Now this seems to be definitively the case. Bloomberg has the following internal email from studio head Adam Badowski they say was shared with them by a CDPR employee who asked not to be named:
“Starting today, the entire (development) studio is in overdrive,” Badowski wrote, elaborating that this meant “your typical amount of work and one day of the weekend.” The extra work would be paid, as required by Polish labor laws. Many other video game studios don’t pay for overtime.

“I take it upon myself to receive the full backlash for the decision,” he wrote. “I know this is in direct opposition to what we’ve said about crunch. It’s also in direct opposition to what I personally grew to believe a while back -- that crunch should never be the answer. But we’ve extended all other possible means of navigating the situation.”
View : : :

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Development Succumbing to Crunch
Sep 30, 2020, 01:46
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Development Succumbing to Crunch Sep 30, 2020, 01:46
Sep 30, 2020, 01:46

Acleacius wrote on Sep 29, 2020, 23:56:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 29, 2020, 23:13:
Acleacius wrote on Sep 29, 2020, 23:07:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 29, 2020, 23:01:
Acleacius wrote on Sep 29, 2020, 22:32:
I gotta say, most people would be begging to work and get paid overtime in this global pandemic.

Those that are havenots, if you work for CDPR it's been paycheck as usual. That said, some will totally like the extra dough.
Respectfully disagree, we live in a world ravaged by unemployment. Of the approximately 8 billion population, 4.5 billion are of average working age 15-64.
Your talking about 100 people, give or take. They are damn lucky to have their jobs, and I bet most of them know it.

I love your idea that people are that upstanding that because the world is having a problem that they will just simply be happy at working more if they really don't want to. Sure they will do it to keep their jobs but it isn't and people aren't as "boot strappy" as you make it sound. Should people be thankful they have a job? Yes. The counter is once again business takes advantage of a situation, "because you know some people are struggling at this special time, this crunch you should be happy with it!!!", age old tactic.
No idea what your talking about, I'm not making it sound like anything. This is probably the worst economy in world history, it's going to become catastrophic in the next 3 months. This isn't like the great depression where other countries saved our economy because they bought our products. The world economy is failing. You would have to be living in a bubble not to know it's just getting started. Not only is the disease increasing and the economy failing, but they are doing it exponentially. In the US 200 million working age and less than 100 million jobs, irrc.

This week or next, airlines will layoff 10s of thousands of jobs, hotel industry the same and entertainment industries like disney, the same. Flu season is starting early, and here in the US we have a 60% shortage of doctors before the trump pandemic. Hospitals have had record closures in the last 15 years, we have the lowest number of hospital beds per citizen in 60 years, irrc. The disease is ravging states where people are too brain washed, mentally ill or stupid to wear masks.

People are losing jobs, homes and lives by the millions. It took 5 months to get 200k deaths, now we will get another 200k in 2 months, that's what exponential means.
You think people wouldn't work 6 days a week from home, to save their jobs, families, homes and lives. Or it's some kind of happy, boot strappy life?
I'm beginning to think your extremely confused? Amazed

It is a really rough situation all over the world, but especially in the US where the response has been weak. These workers are primarily in Poland as I understand it, though, so loss of homes and employment is not nearly the problem as it has become in the US. At least for the time being.

So while I understand where you're coming from, remember that many areas of the world aren't being ravaged the way we are due to their response. And finally, a global health crisis is not an excuse for taking advantage of laborers. The company made a promise, and it isn't keeping it. This is a sad thing, and hopefully in the future they will find other ways to adapt, or they are forced to find other ways to adapt.
Date
Subject
Author
Sep 29, 21:33Sep 29 21:33
Sep 29, 23:56Sep 29 23:56
Sep 30, 01:46Sep 30 01:46
     Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Development Succumbing to Crunch
Sep 30, 23:18Sep 30 23:18
Sep 30, 23:23Sep 30 23:23
Sep 30, 10:05Sep 30 10:05
Sep 30, 10:30Sep 30 10:30
Sep 30, 11:08Sep 30 11:08