is now available for Windows
offering the Windows edition of this sequel to Mossmouth's roguelike platformer.
Word is: "Spelunky returns in this greatly-expanded sequel to the original
roguelike platformer! Meet the next generation of explorers as they find
themselves on the Moon, searching for treasure and missing family. Spelunky 2
builds upon the unique, randomized challenges that made the original a classic,
offering a huge adventure designed to satisfy players old and new." Here's how
this differs from the original Spelunky:
Key Features, Summarized:
- A Bigger World with all new areas, monsters, traps, and items!
- An Extra Dimension is added by allowing players to access a second layer
behind the normal playfield. The second layer might contain treasure rooms,
hidden passages, and other special places.
- Multiple Routes Through the Game will add variety and give players more
ways to personalize a run.
- Find and Ride Mounts (like turkeys!) that have special abilities.
Enemies may ride mounts, as well!
- New NPCs that you can help, hurt, or ignore… to make each run feel even
more like a unique story.
- Variations and Changes to Classic Spelunky Concepts like shops and
ghosts that will make veteran players rethink their strategies.
- Improved Liquid Physics allow water and lava to move and pour
realistically, which drastically affects the playfield (and looks cool)
- Deadly Poison and Curses can be inflicted on players and enemies alike.
- Build a Permanent Home at Base Camp as you do runs and explore the
- Improved Lighting and Special Effects are paired with richer visual and
- Deeper Mysteries that may require a community effort to unravel.
- Possibly More Eggplants