69 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older

Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos
Sep 26, 2020, 11:59
Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos Sep 26, 2020, 11:59
Sep 26, 2020, 11:59

Annnnd it's quiet. Don't worry, I understand. After all, if I consider you resorting to history to prove racism today as invalid, there's really little you can say in reply to my below comment. Don't bother replying with "You are just too stubborn to engage with". I know that's too transparent and so do you. So, if you reply, do so with substance. Try to change my mind.

Sep 25, 2020, 18:53
Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos Sep 25, 2020, 18:53
Sep 25, 2020, 18:53

Quboid wrote on Sep 25, 2020, 13:57:
You're right, I won't, although point #3 reminded me of one of the things that made me realise you're a lost cause. You posted statistics about how more white people are killed by cops than black people (2x, I think you said), but ignored the relative population ratios (6x) that clearly demonstrated that black people are much more likely be killed. What's the point of debating someone being so selective and disingenuous?

You honestly think I don't take population ratio into consideration? It has nothing to do with it. Selective and disingenuous? Dude, when black people commit more crime, they get in contact with police more often (since that's what the police is for: fighting crime). Crimes are being committed disproportionately by black people. This is no right-wing rhetoric; no racist lies. After all, blacks are 13 percent of the population, but they commit at least 50 percent of the murders and other violent crimes. If you have 13 percent of the population responsible for 50 percent of the murders -- and in some cities committing 2/3rds of all violent crime -- what percent of police attention should it attract? And also according to the available data, they suggest black people get disproportionally shot less by cops than whites. There's even valid research that suggests that black cops and Hispanic cops are more likely to shoot black and Hispanic suspects than white cops are. I’m not sure how an ambient level of racism explains that. Let all that detonate in your brain for a second before calling me a racist for simply stating the facts here.

And yeah, the fact that Redeye replied to your "got ya" with a "BINGO" is so telling. Such an incredibly simple look at things.

This comment was edited on Sep 25, 2020, 19:17.

Sep 25, 2020, 14:03
Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos Sep 25, 2020, 14:03
Sep 25, 2020, 14:03

Quboid wrote on Sep 25, 2020, 13:57:
You're right, I won't, although point #3 reminded me of one of the things that made me realise you're a lost cause. You posted statistics about how more white people are killed by cops than black people (2x, I think you said), but ignored the relative population ratios (6x) that clearly demonstrated that black people are much more likely be killed. What's the point of debating someone being so selective and disingenuous?
BINGO
I
N
G
O
A mask is an IQ test
"All of humanity's problems stem from man's inability to sit quietly in a room alone." Blaise Pascal

Sep 25, 2020, 13:57
Quboid

Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos Sep 25, 2020, 13:57
Sep 25, 2020, 13:57
 Quboid

Sep 25, 2020, 12:20
Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos Sep 25, 2020, 12:20
Sep 25, 2020, 12:20

Quboid wrote on Sep 25, 2020, 09:50:
Quinn wrote on Sep 25, 2020, 09:27:
Beamer wrote on Sep 25, 2020, 08:58:
Quboid wrote on Sep 25, 2020, 08:46:
Quinn wrote on Sep 22, 2020, 05:43:
This thread maybe more than any other showcases how utterly deaf you guys are. There's no discussion when one side can't listen to what the other has to say. Beamer seems to believe PAX and E3 run a policy that literally excludes developers of color from the event, and NKD and Redeye are too busy fighting ghosts to make any sense whatsoever.

You have repeatedly demonstrated that you're not worth bothering with. You come across as a stubborn, permanently offended person who is just going to complain about whatever anyone who disagrees with you says. You are not entitled to anyone's time. That's a shame, because you're probably the smartest person on here who is making these arguments - which really should tell you something. Why do you think that the people who agree with you are also the people who struggle to string together a sentence?

The ignore button makes everything so much better. Highly recommended. Some people prove themselves incapable of learning and just keep making the same flawed arguments every single thread.

"Flawed arguments" that guy and every single one of you fail to disprove. All you have is emotional responses that all come down to an irratic "You're just stupid! *sob*" in so many words. I am not impressed nor has my mind been changed by such rhetoric.

You have repeatedly complained about how you don't have what you consider to be proper discussions here anymore. You're the reason people stopped debating with you much, because you're incapable of learning and just keep making the same flawed arguments every single thread. Your mind isn't changed by anything, so you're not worth the bother. I don't even post here any more and I've had enough of your stubbornness.

You seem to be under the illusion that you know my brain. I haven't changed my mind because I'm stubborn? Really, dude? Do you hear yourself?

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your tone. You are respectful. Which is why I am extra frustrated that you think I honestly do not want my mind changed. Maybe -- just maybe! -- not one of you honestly engaged with me and my arguments? Grab yourself a tea and check older discussions. Count the times my arguments were respectfully engaged with. While doing that, know that I consider the following rebuttals invalid: 1.) "YOU people where slave owners. We had it so bad! How about now it's our turn?";
2.) Any flurry of references to historic racism (I am wholly arguing the NOW, which most utterly fail to recognize every single time);
3.) Anecdotal stories (for every black guy killed by cops, for example, I have multiple white guys killed by cops for you).

Anyway, you probably won't honor my request to do the above. Which I understand. Just don't assume what Beamer and his ilk assume: that I am too stubborn (or too racist) to change my mind.

Sep 25, 2020, 09:59
Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos Sep 25, 2020, 09:59
Sep 25, 2020, 09:59

Slashman wrote on Sep 22, 2020, 12:36:

People aren't deaf. They just don't agree with what you are saying. Seriously. What threat does a tiny game devs of color expo actually represent to the white hierarchy? It is about getting some devs seen that might not have all that much exposure otherwise and *gasp* showcasing some fun games. Period. Do you think we're on a slippery slope to white enslavement and disenfranchisement?

And for the record, RedEye9 is right. You all are very lucky that all we want is equality. That's all we've ever wanted. And we don't need white people telling us how we should get there and plotting our course for us so that we don't step on the wrong toes or upset the overly sensitive white-privileged rulers.

People like you are all for equality until you have to actually compromise on something, or be excluded from something or take a step back and listen. And its kind of funny, because that's all we've been dong for the past 400 years. So why is it NOT your turn now?

So go on and tell me again how scared you are of a Game Expo for People of Color because *gasp* white people aren't allowed to exhibit in it. While dominating in every other game expo the world over.
QFT
Quoted For Truth
Emphasis mine.
A mask is an IQ test
"All of humanity's problems stem from man's inability to sit quietly in a room alone." Blaise Pascal

Sep 25, 2020, 09:50
Quboid

Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos Sep 25, 2020, 09:50
Sep 25, 2020, 09:50
 Quboid

Quinn wrote on Sep 25, 2020, 09:27:
This thread maybe more than any other showcases how utterly deaf you guys are. There's no discussion when one side can't listen to what the other has to say. Beamer seems to believe PAX and E3 run a policy that literally excludes developers of color from the event, and NKD and Redeye are too busy fighting ghosts to make any sense whatsoever.

You have repeatedly demonstrated that you're not worth bothering with. You come across as a stubborn, permanently offended person who is just going to complain about whatever anyone who disagrees with you says. You are not entitled to anyone's time. That's a shame, because you're probably the smartest person on here who is making these arguments - which really should tell you something. Why do you think that the people who agree with you are also the people who struggle to string together a sentence?

The ignore button makes everything so much better. Highly recommended. Some people prove themselves incapable of learning and just keep making the same flawed arguments every single thread.

"Flawed arguments" that guy and every single one of you fail to disprove. All you have is emotional responses that all come down to an irratic "You're just stupid! *sob*" in so many words. I am not impressed nor has my mind been changed by such rhetoric.

You have repeatedly complained about how you don't have what you consider to be proper discussions here anymore. You're the reason people stopped debating with you much, because you're incapable of learning and just keep making the same flawed arguments every single thread. Your mind isn't changed by anything, so you're not worth the bother. I don't even post here any more and I've had enough of your stubbornness.

Sep 25, 2020, 09:27
Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos Sep 25, 2020, 09:27
Sep 25, 2020, 09:27

Sep 25, 2020, 08:58
Beamer

Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos Sep 25, 2020, 08:58
Sep 25, 2020, 08:58
 Beamer

Sep 25, 2020, 08:52
Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos Sep 25, 2020, 08:52
Sep 25, 2020, 08:52

It's slowly creeping in, people. That's all I'm worried about. I have no problem with encouraging an under-represented group to become interested in something. There is, however, an extremely precise line between selective encouragement and flat-out discrimination.

In the link above: Failbetter Games is offering a paid traineeship in game writing, running November 2 to December 11, for Black candidates.

Sep 25, 2020, 08:46
Quboid

Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos Sep 25, 2020, 08:46
Sep 25, 2020, 08:46
 Quboid

You have repeatedly demonstrated that you're not worth bothering with. You come across as a stubborn, permanently offended person who is just going to complain about whatever anyone who disagrees with you says. You are not entitled to anyone's time. That's a shame, because you're probably the smartest person on here who is making these arguments - which really should tell you something. Why do you think that some of the people who agree with you are also the people who struggle to string together a sentence?

This comment was edited on Sep 25, 2020, 08:57.

Sep 22, 2020, 12:36
Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos Sep 22, 2020, 12:36
Sep 22, 2020, 12:36

People aren't deaf. They just don't agree with what you are saying. Seriously. What threat does a tiny game devs of color expo actually represent to the white hierarchy? It is about getting some devs seen that might not have all that much exposure otherwise and *gasp* showcasing some fun games. Period. Do you think we're on a slippery slope to white enslavement and disenfranchisement?

And for the record, RedEye9 is right. You all are very lucky that all we want is equality. That's all we've ever wanted. And we don't need white people telling us how we should get there and plotting our course for us so that we don't step on the wrong toes or upset the overly sensitive white-privileged rulers.

People like you are all for equality until you have to actually compromise on something, or be excluded from something or take a step back and listen. And its kind of funny, because that's all we've been dong for the past 400 years. So why is it NOT your turn now?

So go on and tell me again how scared you are of a Game Expo for People of Color because *gasp* white people aren't allowed to exhibit in it. While dominating in every other game expo the world over.

Sep 22, 2020, 05:43
Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos Sep 22, 2020, 05:43
Sep 22, 2020, 05:43

Sep 21, 2020, 20:27
Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos Sep 21, 2020, 20:27
Sep 21, 2020, 20:27

Here is what you unknowledgeable foreigners don't understand.
We are lucky that black people want equality and not revenge.
https://youtu.be/U1k9APedIUY

The Game Devs of Color Expo harms no one except for a few fragile snowflakes and nobody cares about them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
A mask is an IQ test

Sep 21, 2020, 20:12
Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos Sep 21, 2020, 20:12
Sep 21, 2020, 20:12

Quinn wrote on Sep 21, 2020, 11:40:
Beamer wrote on Sep 21, 2020, 08:11:
Scatterblak wrote on Sep 20, 2020, 16:02:
I don't have any problem with them have an expo at all - seems like a win. I assume we can also have a 'White Game Developers' expo as well?

Have you been to PAX or E3?

Does PAX or E3 exclude developers of color from their event? No. So stop trolling. The racial exclusion is exactly the problem here. Maybe too hard to understand for some of you. Somehow.

Exactly!
What is the end game here? Equality or vengeance?
Liberals: When oh when is Trump going to denounce hate??

Also Liberals: I hope he dies from Covid.

Sep 21, 2020, 14:18
Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos Sep 21, 2020, 14:18
Sep 21, 2020, 14:18

I don't have any problem with them have an expo at all - seems like a win. I assume we can also have a 'White Game Developers' expo as well?

Two of the whitest developer expos on earth. Scatterblak’s assumptions fulfilled.
A mask is an IQ test

Sep 21, 2020, 11:40
Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos Sep 21, 2020, 11:40
Sep 21, 2020, 11:40

Does PAX or E3 exclude developers of color from their event? No. So stop trolling. The racial exclusion is exactly the problem here. Maybe too hard to understand for some of you. Somehow.

Sep 21, 2020, 08:11
Beamer

Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos Sep 21, 2020, 08:11
 Beamer

Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos Sep 21, 2020, 08:11

Quinn wrote on Sep 21, 2020, 03:05:

He doesn't want Jim Crow. Nor is he saying that POC should sit down, shut up and be grateful. No, you didn't reply to an hallucination, but it does look like you're hallucinating.

The thing is that Jim Crow is in no way or form equal to this expo existing. Jim Crow was the law...as in you could be fined and/or imprisoned for violating it. This expo is entirely voluntary. If you don't want to be a part of it then don't. If you don't want to support any of the games on display then don't.

So why even bring up Jim Crow in the first place? It is irrelevant in this context unless you are saying that the socially acceptable thing to do if you disagree with this expo is to try to reenact a despicable set of laws that were squarely aimed at oppressing black people and making them feel inferior and unwanted.

Sep 21, 2020, 03:05
Re: Game Devs of Color Expo Demos Sep 21, 2020, 03:05
Sep 21, 2020, 03:05

NKD wrote on Sep 20, 2020, 23:25:
ventry wrote on Sep 20, 2020, 21:14:
Slashman wrote on Sep 20, 2020, 21:01:
ventry wrote on Sep 20, 2020, 19:47:
So, according to some of the "usual's" here, if a Caucasian person makes a game and it fails to sell it's just a bad game.
If a POC makes a game and it fails to sell it's..... what? Racism?

I've bought hundreds of games over the years and I haven't got a clue what the skin color of the developers are.
Nor do I care.

No that's you projecting. It means exactly what it looks like (well to any rational thinking person). These are some games made by POC. Look though them and see if there are any you're interested in. If they are...wishlist or buy them...if there aren't move on.

For my part I had no idea that We are the Caretakers even existed before this expo and I'm very interested in a Afrofuturist slant on sci fi. So I wishlisted it. That's it...that's the end of the interaction required. If you think all the games are garbage...no one is holding a gun to your head and telling you to buy them. There were a bunch that I wasn't personally interested in.

So with this and the Universities who now have POC only spaces, am I to assume that "Jim Crow" is socially acceptable now?

*snip*
But according to Quinn, no one here is posting what you just posted, so I don't know what I'm replying to. A hallucination perhaps?

He doesn't want Jim Crow. Nor is he saying that POC should sit down, shut up and be grateful. No, you didn't reply to an hallucination, but it does look like you're hallucinating.
69 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older