Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Morning Safety Dance
Sep 16, 2020, 15:26
Verno

Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 16, 2020, 15:26
Sep 16, 2020, 15:26
 Verno

Acleacius wrote on Sep 16, 2020, 12:09:
Exploit, lmao it doesn't even say which OS. It's such a disaster, we are probably meant to just assume it's win 10, again?

It's an Active Directory exploit, it has multiple platform implications though they tested on Windows 10.

Microsoft's CVE stats have been getting progressively worse every year and their excuses are getting old. To me there is no reason to run their software in any setting other than gaming or casual users who live and die by software that refuses to run on other platforms. At work we use FreeBSD and OpenBSD, I use Arch Linux for everything at home other than gaming. I hope more shops follow suit because its increasingly difficult to recommend Microsoft software in enterprise settings when their testing and security is so awful. They were doing well for awhile and then in 2015 fired most of their internal testing, its all been downhill from there.
Playing: Risk of Rain 2, Jedi Fallen Order, Last of Us II
Watching: Tenet, Peninsula, The Pale Door

Sep 16, 2020, 12:23
Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 16, 2020, 12:23
Sep 16, 2020, 12:23

“ some naysayers are likely to downplay the severity by saying that, any time attackers gain a toehold in a network, it’s already game over.
That argument is at odds with the defense-in-depth principle, which advocates for creating multiple layers of defense that anticipate successful breaches and create redundancies to mitigate them.“

If only there was a server OS that was inherently more secure than windows.
A mask is not a political statement. It's an IQ test.

Sep 16, 2020, 12:09
Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 16, 2020, 12:09
Sep 16, 2020, 12:09

Exploit, lmao it doesn't even say which OS. It's such a disaster, we are probably meant to just assume it's win 10, again?
The worst criminal in human history, undeniably. There has never been a figure in political history, so dedicated to destroying the prospects of organized human life on the planet, in the near future.

Beating and Gassing Americans for Jesus!
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older