Out of the Blue

Happy National Video Games Day! I will be celebrating the occasion by playing video games. This is something I also do in the days immediately preceding National Video Games Day. Specifically the 364 days preceding it.

Obituary: Hal Singer, Saxophonist and Tulsa Massacre Survivor, Dies at 100. Thanks Roddy.
Obituary: Obituary: Toots Hibbert - the man who coined the word reggae. Tireless frontman. Toots and the Maytals was one of the best concerts I ever saw. Thanks brother19.

Celebratory Round-up
Thanks Ant and Neutronbeam.

Stories

Media

Follow-up

View : : :
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Out of the Blue
Sep 13, 2020, 16:42
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2020, 16:42
Sep 13, 2020, 16:42

Cutter wrote on Sep 13, 2020, 13:27:
...I don't America can survive it for much longer...
So you have said before. Trump and the GOP have certainly provided some solid body blows to the US democracy. But I don't see it dying anytime soon -- certainly not in our lifetimes. The question isn't survival, the question is how long it will take to replenish the system back to reasonable levels after all the damage which has been done. Unfortunately, a portion of it (the judicial appointments specifically) will have long lasting effects. However, despite normally being a cynic, I have hope it won't take as long as some would predict.

This comment was edited on Sep 13, 2020, 17:16.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies." -- Groucho Marx

Sep 13, 2020, 16:10
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2020, 16:10
Sep 13, 2020, 16:10

Cutter wrote on Sep 12, 2020, 18:13:
Steele Johnson wrote on Sep 12, 2020, 16:48:
I'll be playing a little Grounded co-op tonight. Maybe even have a grapefruit gin cocktail. Yeah, I like the girly drinks

Grapefruit? White grapefruit?!?! I haven't been able to find white grapefruit or white grapefruit juice for years now. And it pisses me off. The Greyhound has always been one of my favorite mixed drinks. It's just all that goddamed sweet pink stuff.

The trick to balancing the sweetness is to add something sour and bitter. I make mine with a squeeze of lemon and some Angostura bitters. I do use fresh grapefruit from my local market. Sometimes they’re ruby red, sometimes white. I actually like the red with the lemon. I also top mine with some club soda, so it’s not really a greyhound.
"Ok, you go upstairs.When he starts attacking me, I'll pull him around the pillars while you shoot down at him. I'll take out any fartbags that spawn" -me

Sep 13, 2020, 13:27
Cutter

Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2020, 13:27
Sep 13, 2020, 13:27
 Cutter

I don 't anything will be resolved come Nov. If the GOP loses they're be screaming "FRAUD!" for the next 4 years and doing they best to obstruct anything and everything the Dems do. And it'll pretty much be the same if it goes the other way. I'm actually amazed there hasn't been an official request for UN observers to oversee the actual vote at this point. However it turns out the divide between left and right will only continue to grow. I don't America can survive it for much longer. I think those further left and right really want secession at this point. And I won't be the least bit surprised if you see that being seriously addressed in the next year post-election.

"I didn't know you had it in you. Sorry, poor choice of words." - David

Sep 13, 2020, 13:13
Jivaro

Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2020, 13:13
Sep 13, 2020, 13:13
 Jivaro

It's pretty simple now that Trump has been in office some years for voters to decide. The election year media coverage basically hasn't stopped since 2016. You either think all this is great and you vote for him or you don't and you don't.

There are literally no Trump supporters that are like "that's it..if he breaks another law I am voting for Biden!" If you still support him, it is what it is.

I just wish we could fast forward to Nov so the country could move forward knowing one way or the other.

Sep 13, 2020, 12:29
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2020, 12:29
Sep 13, 2020, 12:29

Quinn wrote on Sep 13, 2020, 11:47:
Is it a fact those debates will even happen? Honest question from a foreigner. I think Biden's party is afraid of Biden opening his mouth without a teleprompter guiding him. Trump's undeserved bravado won't have trouble dealing with Biden. Mark my words that it'll be President Harris before the first 4 years have gone.
It is highly unlikely they'd be cancelled. I haven't paid close attention to the arrangements, but if they aren't allowing any audience attendance that will help Biden a bit since Trump would feed off audience reactions to his attacks more than Biden would. As for Biden's longevity if he is elected, I wouldn't be shocked either way. We have no information to cause a firm belief he is not capable of living another decade or more. But obviously as with anyone over 70, stuff happens.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies." -- Groucho Marx

Sep 13, 2020, 12:02
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2020, 12:02
Sep 13, 2020, 12:02

Acleacius wrote on Sep 13, 2020, 10:05:
I would have preferred younger but the whole reason they went after Biden in Ukraine, was because he's the only one who can win. It's why none of the attacks work on him.
I'm pretty sure, being morbidly obese, fronto-temporal dementia, mini strokes makes him weaker and older (based on individual lifespan). His body and brain are more like 85, while Biden bikes, jogs and eats well, making him more like 68.

The intentional killing of 100s of thousands of Americans, sounds like Genocide. Technically we in the US would have helped stop this virus worldwide, so in a way all the deaths and suffering in the world on him for disbanding the Global Pandemic Response Team in 2017. Guess it's a good thing he didn't fire all the Vaccine Response Networks too?

Wonder what's going to happen in the debates when Biden ask him, if he has hired a single virologist or epidemiologist to help combat the pandemic and if he can name one. Mwahaha
Biden is giving the dotard a debate out of pure courtesy. It’s only the losing side that wants a debate in the first place. I am interested in seeing Kamala Harris fillet pence. Her prosecutorial skills on full display as she embarrasses that oleaginous hypocrite.
A mask is not a political statement. It's an IQ test.

Sep 13, 2020, 11:47
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2020, 11:47
Sep 13, 2020, 11:47

Acleacius wrote on Sep 13, 2020, 10:05:
I would have preferred younger but the whole reason they went after Biden in Ukraine, was because he's the only one who can win. It's why none of the attacks work on him.
I'm pretty sure, being morbidly obese, fronto-temporal dementia, mini strokes makes him weaker and older (based on individual lifespan). His body and brain are more like 85, while Biden bikes, jogs and eats well, making him more like 68.

The intentional killing of 100s of thousands of Americans, sounds like Genocide. Technically we in the US would have helped stop this virus worldwide, so in a way all the deaths and suffering in the world on him for disbanding the Global Pandemic Response Team in 2017. Guess it's a good thing he didn't fire all the Vaccine Response Networks too?

Wonder what's going to happen in the debates when Biden ask him, if he has hired a single virologist or epidemiologist to help combat the pandemic and if he can name one. Mwahaha

Is it a fact those debates will even happen? Honest question from a foreigner. I think Biden's party is afraid of Biden opening his mouth without a teleprompter guiding him. Trump's undeserved bravado won't have trouble dealing with Biden. Mark my words that it'll be President Harris before the first 4 years have gone.

Sep 13, 2020, 10:05
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2020, 10:05
Sep 13, 2020, 10:05

The worst criminal in human history, undeniably. There has never been a figure in political history, so dedicated to destroying the prospects of organized human life on the planet, in the near future.

Beating and Gassing Americans for Jesus!

Sep 13, 2020, 10:04
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2020, 10:04
Sep 13, 2020, 10:04

Quinn wrote on Sep 13, 2020, 08:46:
Trump is a dangerous clown. Biden is a weak, old man. I don't understand how you guys managed to make the elections so hopeless, with 2 terrible runners.

In another dimension, it must be Trump vs Gabbard or Yang.

You mean Trump VS Sanders in 2016 with Sanders winning?

So Sanders VS... whoever the Reps would have instead of Trump.

Sep 13, 2020, 08:46
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2020, 08:46
Sep 13, 2020, 08:46

Trump is a dangerous clown. Biden is a weak, old man. I don't understand how you guys managed to make the elections so hopeless, with 2 terrible runners.

In another dimension, it must be Trump vs Gabbard or Yang.

Sep 13, 2020, 08:39
Beamer

Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2020, 08:39
Sep 13, 2020, 08:39
 Beamer

Trump has also done more drone strikes than any prior president. The worst part of Obama by a wide margin was the potentially illegal strikes. Trump has quietly done more.

It's a permanent stain on Obama. It's never mentioned for Trump because he himself is a permanent stain.

Sep 13, 2020, 02:49
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2020, 02:49
Sep 13, 2020, 02:49

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 13, 2020, 00:52:
Teddy wrote on Sep 12, 2020, 20:55:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 12, 2020, 17:28:
Interesting statistic. Trump is the first president in nearly 50 years not to have started any new foreign conflicts. The president before him not to do that was Jimmy Carter.

When was the last president that started as many internal conflicts, I wonder?

I'm guessing jdreyer is referring to actual openly declared warfare, because Trump literally had an Iranian general murdered outside any Congressionally declared war, started an open trade war with China, while they build artificial islands with impunity in the Pacific, supported Russia while losing pretty much every NATO ally. There was also a bit of an oil war between Russia and OPEC that might partially be Trump's fault, but it was barely in the news with Covid and everything else. Undeclared open conflict between US marines/special forces and Russian "mercenaries" (Russian unmarked soldiers working for Wagner, which is openly run by the Russian Ministry of Defense) in 2018 at that oil refinery as well, the Russian/Syrian troops were mostly killed by US artillery and airstrikes. Luckily for Trump, he's so useful for Putin, politically. Although Trump did abandon a nice fully stocked US military base in Syria for the Russians to take over. Also abandoning the Kurds in Syria, abandoning Syrian resistance entirely for that matter... all Trump. The US is also still doing covert bombings/murders around the world, either missile/drone strikes, or new non-explosive strikes, but that's every President in my lifetime.

I mean I guess literally starting world war 3 is all that's left for his second term, if he stays in office? Not to mention civil war in the US.

Even the horrible GOP didn´t let him start an Iran war, otherwise ...
And his preferred enemies by far, are americans he doesn´t see as people and everyone that does not adulate him.
Not that he really gives a cent for his followers.
Other countries are not that important, except as political props.

Sep 13, 2020, 00:52
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2020, 00:52
Sep 13, 2020, 00:52

Teddy wrote on Sep 12, 2020, 20:55:
Interesting statistic. Trump is the first president in nearly 50 years not to have started any new foreign conflicts. The president before him not to do that was Jimmy Carter.

I'm guessing jdreyer is referring to actual openly declared warfare, because Trump literally had an Iranian general murdered outside any Congressionally declared war, started an open trade war with China, while they build artificial islands with impunity in the Pacific, supported Russia while losing pretty much every NATO ally. There was also a bit of an oil war between Russia and OPEC that might partially be Trump's fault, but it was barely in the news with Covid and everything else. Undeclared open conflict between US marines/special forces and Russian "mercenaries" (Russian unmarked soldiers working for Wagner, which is openly run by the Russian Ministry of Defense) in 2018 at that oil refinery as well, the Russian/Syrian troops were mostly killed by US artillery and airstrikes. Luckily for Trump, he's so useful for Putin, politically. Although Trump did abandon a nice fully stocked US military base in Syria for the Russians to take over. Also abandoning the Kurds in Syria, abandoning Syrian resistance entirely for that matter... all Trump. The US is also still doing covert bombings/murders around the world, either missile/drone strikes, or new non-explosive strikes, but that's every President in my lifetime.

I mean I guess literally starting world war 3 is all that's left for his second term, if he stays in office? Not to mention civil war in the US.

Sep 12, 2020, 21:51
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2020, 21:51
Sep 12, 2020, 21:51

Step away from my tequila, motherfuckering snakes on my plane! Flamethrower
The worst criminal in human history, undeniably. There has never been a figure in political history, so dedicated to destroying the prospects of organized human life on the planet, in the near future.

Beating and Gassing Americans for Jesus!

Sep 12, 2020, 20:55
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2020, 20:55
Sep 12, 2020, 20:55

Sep 12, 2020, 19:14
Kxmode

Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2020, 19:14
Sep 12, 2020, 19:14
 Kxmode

I'll be playing a little Grounded co-op tonight. Maybe even have a grapefruit gin cocktail. Yeah, I like the girly drinks

Where in the rule book does it say drinks are girly drinks? If you like it, then it is YOUR drink.
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf

Sep 12, 2020, 19:12
Kxmode

Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2020, 19:12
Sep 12, 2020, 19:12
 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Sep 12, 2020, 17:25:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 12, 2020, 16:00:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 12, 2020, 14:46:
Who wouldn't make a commercial to meet Rick Moranis?!? I mean DUH!

My Mint Mobile dollars going to a great cause!

Let me know how the Mint customer support is.

Good. The few times I called, it sounds like I was speaking to someone from the States and they know their stuff.
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf

Sep 12, 2020, 18:13
Cutter

Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2020, 18:13
Sep 12, 2020, 18:13
 Cutter

Grapefruit? White grapefruit?!?! I haven't been able to find white grapefruit or white grapefruit juice for years now. And it pisses me off. The Greyhound has always been one of my favorite mixed drinks. It's just all that goddamed sweet pink stuff.
"I didn't know you had it in you. Sorry, poor choice of words." - David

Sep 12, 2020, 17:48
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2020, 17:48
Sep 12, 2020, 17:48

Another fact, he is one third (33%) of all impeached presidents.
A mask is not a political statement. It's an IQ test.

Sep 12, 2020, 17:28
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2020, 17:28
Sep 12, 2020, 17:28

To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older