Conan Exiles Free Weekend Starts Today; New Expansion Next Week

Funcom announces Isle of Siptah, a new expansion for Conan Exiles which will bring new content to the Hyborian Age survival game when it enters Early Access on September 15th. They also announce that a free weekend will kick off in the game today on Steam starting at 1:00 pm EDT. Here's an Announcement Trailer from the expansion showing off this new way of playing the game and here are the details:
Conan Exiles: Isle of Siptah offers an even playing field for new and old players alike. Everyone gets to start fresh with a new character on the fabled Isle of Siptah, an island engulfed in magical storms and eldritch creatures, but also a place of beauty and opportunity. The island features more than a dozen new dungeons, known as vaults, surges of sorcery that spawn vile creatures and NPCs, and an ominous dark tower surrounded by a magical storm. Isle of Siptah is a whole new way of experiencing the online survival game, where players now will be able to summon magical portals that forcibly pull NPCs from the Exiled Lands and into this new and mysterious place. Players will have to compete for these opportunities, creating bloody conflict and an all-new gameplay loop.

Isle of Siptah comes with two new building sets, allowing you to construct pirate themed towns of flotsam and majestic castles with stormglass. You will be able to ride into battle on the back of a brand-new mount, the mighty rhinoceros. Acquiring the game in early access will even grant you a limited edition War-torn Rhino Mount Skin. The new building sets and mounts will also be accessible on the base game map, as long as you have Isle of Siptah installed.
View : : :
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Conan Exiles Free Weekend Starts Today; New Expansion Next Week
Sep 11, 2020, 10:58
Re: Conan Exiles Free Weekend Starts Today; New Expansion Next Week Sep 11, 2020, 10:58
Sep 11, 2020, 10:58

yonder wrote on Sep 10, 2020, 20:45:
GothicWizard wrote on Sep 10, 2020, 11:48:
Bill Borre wrote on Sep 10, 2020, 11:35:
They seem to be putting some work into the expansion. I wonder if that had anything to do with the game's removal from the EGS freebies?

How exactly?

This has been in the works for about a year if not more. I don't see how a expansion is affected in any way by some second rate steam wanna be giveaway that did or did not happen pretty recently. shrug

Stopping a sale for the base game when dlc comes out isn't exactly unheard of...

I agree however it's even more hurtful to not give the base game away, suck people in to buy your new expansion which everyone is flooding to it. The giveaway that was cancelled in my view is more hurtful then helpful. They made their money back on the CE development plus a fuck load more. It's all gravy at this point, the main income will be people buying the DLCs and the expansions like this. The steam sales of 50% and 75% off on a regular basis from CE it's almost free anyways. The base game is just a means to an end at this point. Use it to get people to buy the DLCs and the new content.

Sep 10, 2020, 20:45
yonder

Re: Conan Exiles Free Weekend Starts Today; New Expansion Next Week Sep 10, 2020, 20:45
Sep 10, 2020, 20:45
 yonder

GothicWizard wrote on Sep 10, 2020, 11:48:
They seem to be putting some work into the expansion. I wonder if that had anything to do with the game's removal from the EGS freebies?

How exactly?

This has been in the works for about a year if not more. I don't see how a expansion is affected in any way by some second rate steam wanna be giveaway that did or did not happen pretty recently. shrug

Stopping a sale for the base game when dlc comes out isn't exactly unheard of...

Sep 10, 2020, 13:43
Cutter

Re: Conan Exiles Free Weekend Starts Today; New Expansion Next Week Sep 10, 2020, 13:43
Sep 10, 2020, 13:43
 Cutter

WIll be battening down the hatches and getting stuff done for the rest of Sept. but I think come October Ima start hibernating early and only go out when - mostly - necessary. Try and clean up some of my gaming backlog before I get my new PC for Xmas. Deffo want to get back into CE and this looks great so I'll likely go in on the EA in Nov. or Dec. So if anyone else is down at that point maybe we can do some MP.
"Hot air hangs like a dead man, from a white oak tree. People sitting on porches, thinking how things used to be. It's a dark night...dark night."

Sep 10, 2020, 11:55
Re: Conan Exiles Free Weekend Starts Today; New Expansion Next Week Sep 10, 2020, 11:55
Sep 10, 2020, 11:55

Actually... most heavy discounts/giveaway's of the base game are done when an expansion is released.

Sep 10, 2020, 11:48
Re: Conan Exiles Free Weekend Starts Today; New Expansion Next Week Sep 10, 2020, 11:48
Sep 10, 2020, 11:48

How exactly?

Sep 10, 2020, 11:35
Re: Conan Exiles Free Weekend Starts Today; New Expansion Next Week Sep 10, 2020, 11:35
Sep 10, 2020, 11:35

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older