Colin Kaepernick Joins Madden NFL 21; Free Weekend Starts Thursday

Colin Kaepernick may still be blacklisted in the actual NFL, but EA SPORTS announces that they have brought the activist quarterback to Madden NFL 21 as a free agent. And speaking of free, they also promise a free weekend is coming to their football simulation starting Thursday. Here's word:
Colin Kaepernick is one of the top free agents in football and a starting-caliber quarterback. The team at EA SPORTS, along with millions of Madden NFL fans, want to see him back in our game. We’ve had a long relationship with Colin through Madden NFL and worked through our past soundtrack mistakes.

Knowing that our EA SPORTS experiences are platforms for players to create, we want to make Madden NFL a place that reflects Colin’s position and talent, rates him as a starting QB, and empowers our fans to express their hopes for the future of football. We’ve worked with Colin to make this possible, and we’re excited to bring it to all of you today.

Starting today in Madden NFL 21, fans can put Colin Kaepernick at the helm of any NFL team in Franchise mode, as well as play with him in Play Now. We look forward to seeing Colin on Madden NFL teams everywhere.
View : : :
66 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older

Bet Jefferson never dreamed education could go this wrong...
Sep 18, 2020, 18:28
Bet Jefferson never dreamed education could go this wrong... Sep 18, 2020, 18:28
Sep 18, 2020, 18:28

Beamer wrote on Sep 10, 2020, 23:37:
I'm seeing the usual suspects everywhere now mention "critical race theory."

Did some Twitter account or YouTube talking head do a show on it? All of a sudden the type of people that say "all lives matter" are all about citing " critical race theory."
Yep, it’s the new buzzword for the fragile white supremacy nuts and now the dotard has seen it on the Cucker Tarlson show sponsored by faux noise.

The man behind tRump’s campaign against 'critical race theory'
https://news.yahoo.com/the-man-behind-trumps-campaign-against-critical-race-theory-120005948.html

- At this point, Windows is the OS equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome. -
Burrito of Peace

Re: Colin Kaepernick Joins Madden NFL 21; Free Weekend Starts Thursday
Sep 12, 2020, 07:20
Re: Colin Kaepernick Joins Madden NFL 21; Free Weekend Starts Thursday Sep 12, 2020, 07:20
Sep 12, 2020, 07:20

Prez wrote on Sep 11, 2020, 19:06:
That is objectively not true: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Football_League_career_passer_rating_leaders

Maybe you're just not very good at tolerating Blacks speaking their mind?

Why do you jump to not wanting blacks to have a voice right off the bat? Of course I do.

That's the million dollar question those people should ask themselves. I literally think that's the only way things can get back to normal; back from this polarized society where one group assumes the absolute worst of the other, leaving any chance of conversation slim at best.

Sep 11, 2020, 19:12
Re: Colin Kaepernick Joins Madden NFL 21; Free Weekend Starts Thursday Sep 11, 2020, 19:12
Sep 11, 2020, 19:12

There’s never been any real quality players at the Super Bowl. They’re all pretty much suckers and losers.
Burrito of Peace

Sep 11, 2020, 19:06
Re: Colin Kaepernick Joins Madden NFL 21; Free Weekend Starts Thursday Sep 11, 2020, 19:06
Sep 11, 2020, 19:06

That is objectively not true: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Football_League_career_passer_rating_leaders

Maybe you're just not very good at tolerating Blacks speaking their mind?

No seriously, he isn't that good, mostly it's because he is FAR too inconsistent. He looks brilliant on one drive then looks like he is trying out for second string high school the next. Is he the worst who ever played? No, of course not. But top pick? Hell he is below middle of the pack in my book. As far as his protests, I am indifferent when the game comes on. I want to watch football. He can speak his mind all he wants, (hell, off the field I support it - I believe in equal rights and support far less police brutality) but on the field you are there to play a game first and foremost. He will be remembered more for starting a movement than his play. Why do you jump to not wanting blacks to have a voice right off the bat? Of course I do.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Sep 11, 2020, 08:41
Re: Colin Kaepernick Joins Madden NFL 21; Free Weekend Starts Thursday Sep 11, 2020, 08:41
Sep 11, 2020, 08:41

Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 11, 2020, 05:35:
They dont realize how much their behavior confirms what people say about them. Just some snarky trolling, based heavily on projection and they think they achieved something. While only proving their opponents right.
Whatever. They will always find something that makes them feel good about themselves while pushing others down.

It's funny. You literally once said you call 12 year olds racist and homophobic things in online games because it was the only thing that made you feel good about yourself.

And then you make a post like this and say it's others "projecting" (another term the all lives matter crowd loves.)

What kind of person says racist things (at children!) yet feels he's the hero over those saying it's racist to say racist things.

Sep 11, 2020, 07:23
Re: Colin Kaepernick Joins Madden NFL 21; Free Weekend Starts Thursday Sep 11, 2020, 07:23
Sep 11, 2020, 07:23

JohnnyRotten wrote on Sep 10, 2020, 20:19:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 10, 2020, 20:06:
JohnnyRotten wrote on Sep 10, 2020, 19:40:
RogueSix wrote on Sep 9, 2020, 15:28:
Prez wrote on Sep 9, 2020, 06:12:
Football is still about athletes with amazing skill right? I don't mind if he kneels, sits, stands on his head, whatever during the National Anthem. He really just isn't that good at Football.

Yeah. His Superbowl performance was abysmally bad. He was a nervous wreck who made mistake after mistake and poor judgment after poor judgment due to being scared shitless. He is obviously mentally inept to perform at the elite competitive level inherent to the NFL playoffs and especially the Super Bowl. He may be OK in regular league games so he should probably sign with a tail end club that does not run the risk of ever getting very far in the playoffs.

Agreed - Dan Marino was a terrible quarterback.
Back in my smoke filled bar days, a fellow drunk took the cellophane off my cigarettes and turned it upside down. He then asked what it was.
The answer of course;

"Dan Marino's Super Bowl Trophy Case."
its still empty to this day, poor Dan must have been nervous and scared shitless

I am so stealing this
It is yours for the taking. Feel free to plagiarize and make it your own.
Burrito of Peace

Sep 11, 2020, 05:35
Re: Colin Kaepernick Joins Madden NFL 21; Free Weekend Starts Thursday Sep 11, 2020, 05:35
Sep 11, 2020, 05:35

They dont realize how much their behavior confirms what people say about them. Just some snarky trolling, based heavily on projection and they think they achieved something. While only proving their opponents right.
Whatever. They will always find something that makes them feel good about themselves while pushing others down.
I have given up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

Sep 11, 2020, 02:48
Re: Colin Kaepernick Joins Madden NFL 21; Free Weekend Starts Thursday Sep 11, 2020, 02:48
Sep 11, 2020, 02:48

Beamer wrote on Sep 10, 2020, 23:37:

Did some Twitter account or YouTube talking head do a show on it? All of a sudden the type of people that say "all lives matter" are all about citing " critical race theory."

One guy so far mentioned it. One. Stop trolling. It's like Beamer & Co. have made it their life's work to shut every conversation down where people disagree with them on certain subjects. Notice how these guys don't engage. They just taunt and insult and talk absolute shit about anyone who doesn't propagate and echo anything anti-white.

If only they stopped for a second and didn't assume the fucking worst of people, dialogue would be possible. But no. SMA basically says you can't insult or criticize a POC without being racist, and is nowhere to be seen once I ask him what I consider a critical question. If it wasn't, then change my mind.

Moderator Jdryer chimes in saying a comment that completely unjustified calls another member a racist was "devastating". Really, dude? Read RogueSix' reply? Do you regret joining in like that just a bit or have you gone off the deep end too?

Notice zero arguments from the other side. Just insults, directly and indirectly. So fucking sad.

Sep 10, 2020, 23:40
Re: Colin Kaepernick Joins Madden NFL 21; Free Weekend Starts Thursday Sep 10, 2020, 23:40
Sep 10, 2020, 23:40

55 posts w/out invoking Godwin's Law.
This thread is now complete.
Burrito of Peace

Sep 10, 2020, 23:37
Re: Colin Kaepernick Joins Madden NFL 21; Free Weekend Starts Thursday Sep 10, 2020, 23:37
Sep 10, 2020, 23:37

Sep 10, 2020, 23:29
Re: Colin Kaepernick Joins Madden NFL 21; Free Weekend Starts Thursday Sep 10, 2020, 23:29
Sep 10, 2020, 23:29

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 9, 2020, 09:43:
Cutter wrote on Sep 8, 2020, 21:23:
Top free agents in football? Lol! In which particular league would that be the case? It sure as hell isn't the NFL. No one wants to see that racist traitor anywhere. Time to boycott EA.
Ah yes, the person protesting racism is the actual racist. Yup. Totally legit. Can't see a flaw in that logic. Perfectly reasonable. How could we all have been so blind?

Another one who doesnt have a clue about Critical (Race) Theory.
To quote dumb Germans after 1945: "Nobody could have ever foreseen that!"
I have given up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

Sep 10, 2020, 20:19
Re: Colin Kaepernick Joins Madden NFL 21; Free Weekend Starts Thursday Sep 10, 2020, 20:19
Sep 10, 2020, 20:19

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 10, 2020, 20:06:
Football is still about athletes with amazing skill right? I don't mind if he kneels, sits, stands on his head, whatever during the National Anthem. He really just isn't that good at Football.

Yeah. His Superbowl performance was abysmally bad. He was a nervous wreck who made mistake after mistake and poor judgment after poor judgment due to being scared shitless. He is obviously mentally inept to perform at the elite competitive level inherent to the NFL playoffs and especially the Super Bowl. He may be OK in regular league games so he should probably sign with a tail end club that does not run the risk of ever getting very far in the playoffs.

Back in my smoke filled bar days, a fellow drunk took the cellophane off my cigarettes and turned it upside down. He then asked what it was.
The answer of course;

its still empty to this day, poor Dan must have been nervous and scared shitless

I am so stealing this

Sep 10, 2020, 20:06
Re: Colin Kaepernick Joins Madden NFL 21; Free Weekend Starts Thursday Sep 10, 2020, 20:06
Sep 10, 2020, 20:06

The answer of course;

Burrito of Peace

Sep 10, 2020, 19:43
Re: Colin Kaepernick Joins Madden NFL 21; Free Weekend Starts Thursday Sep 10, 2020, 19:43
Sep 10, 2020, 19:43

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 9, 2020, 11:33:
Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Sep 9, 2020, 10:53:
*snip*
Are you a veteran? I am and I don't feel disparaged in any way. And from what I've seen most of the veteran community believes freedom of speech (you know, the 1st Amendment) is exactly what they were interested in supporting.

In reply to Riahderymnmaddog: As a veteran, I remain undisparaged by Kaepernick. Even if I was disparaged by him, it wouldn't change the basic fact that I support his right to do so.

Sep 10, 2020, 19:40
Re: Colin Kaepernick Joins Madden NFL 21; Free Weekend Starts Thursday Sep 10, 2020, 19:40
Sep 10, 2020, 19:40

Sep 10, 2020, 19:23
Re: Colin Kaepernick Joins Madden NFL 21; Free Weekend Starts Thursday Sep 10, 2020, 19:23
Sep 10, 2020, 19:23

RogueSix wrote on Sep 10, 2020, 17:33:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Sep 9, 2020, 15:57:

It's too bad we don't have something like sports statistics to objectively measure athlete performance and instead have to just rely on Internet racists to make subjective assessments for us.

Where in the world did you see a "racist" remark in what I posted? I do not care about Kaepernick's skin color, political opinion or private life one little bit. As a 49ers supporter I only care about his performance as a player which I subjectively thought was really bad especially when under pressure which is what the "mentally inept" part was about as should be obvious to any unbiased person reading my post in context... your problem is obviously the being "unbiased" part as you just interpreted it the way you wanted and not the way I presented it in the context of Kaepernick being a nervous wreck on the field when under pressure in a high profile match like the playoffs or the SB. Nervous-wreck-wise, Kaepernick was almost as bad as Garoppolo this year.
There is literally zero content in my post that would even hint at anything else but me commenting on his subpar performance as a sportsman. Honestly, it's crazy how holier than thou people like yourself jump on others for presumed racism based on absolutely nothing at all. Nothing. Yet you probably think of yourself as being a superhero of virtue and tolerance. Your attack calling me racist was absolutely unjustified.

Okay, that was... devastating.

Sep 10, 2020, 17:33
Re: Colin Kaepernick Joins Madden NFL 21; Free Weekend Starts Thursday Sep 10, 2020, 17:33
Sep 10, 2020, 17:33

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Sep 9, 2020, 15:57:

It's too bad we don't have something like sports statistics to objectively measure athlete performance and instead have to just rely on Internet racists to make subjective assessments for us.

Where in the world did you see a "racist" remark in what I posted? I do not care about Kaepernick's skin color, political opinion or private life one little bit. As a 49ers supporter I only care about his performance as a player which I subjectively thought was really bad especially when under pressure which is what the "mentally inept" part was about as should be obvious to any unbiased person reading my post in context... your problem is obviously the being "unbiased" part as you just interpreted it the way you wanted and not the way I presented it in the context of Kaepernick being a nervous wreck on the field when under pressure in a high profile match like the playoffs or the SB. Nervous-wreck-wise, Kaepernick was almost as bad as Garoppolo this year.
There is literally zero content in my post that would even hint at anything else but me commenting on his subpar performance as a sportsman. Honestly, it's crazy how holier than thou people like yourself jump on others for presumed racism based on absolutely nothing at all. Nothing. Yet you probably think of yourself as being a superhero of virtue and tolerance. Your attack calling me racist was absolutely unjustified.

Sep 10, 2020, 13:16
Re: Colin Kaepernick Joins Madden NFL 21; Free Weekend Starts Thursday Sep 10, 2020, 13:16
Sep 10, 2020, 13:16

Then let's wait and see if he'll engage me on the reductio ad absurdum road I lead him onto.

Sep 10, 2020, 10:29
Re: Colin Kaepernick Joins Madden NFL 21; Free Weekend Starts Thursday Sep 10, 2020, 10:29
Sep 10, 2020, 10:29

Beamer wrote on Sep 10, 2020, 08:56:
SMA, just block him. We've all been down this road. He says something racist, flips out when it's called racist, then comes back and says something even more racist. He isn't from the US, yet feels he's the authority on what life is like for African Americans.

He's ignorant about his favorite topics, and just doubles down and gets more outraged.

Life is better when you cut those with no awareness of the limitations of their knowledge out of it. He won't learn, because he's convinced the world works for everyone as it does for him.
It is a blessing to read an intelligent postIng by the likes of SMA.
I’m sure he knows exactly what he’s doing and it’s more of a mental exercise for him than anything else.
Burrito of Peace

Re: removed
Sep 10, 2020, 09:47
Re: removed Sep 10, 2020, 09:47
Sep 10, 2020, 09:47

Quinn wrote on Sep 10, 2020, 09:44:
* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 10, 2020, 09:45.

I was going to remove the post myself as I saw [Moderator] already took swift action with Redeye's post. Cheers, and sorry for the public post.
66 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older