Colin Kaepernick Joins Madden NFL 21; Free Weekend Starts Thursday

Colin Kaepernick may still be blacklisted in the actual NFL, but EA SPORTS announces that they have brought the activist quarterback to Madden NFL 21 as a free agent. And speaking of free, they also promise a free weekend is coming to their football simulation starting Thursday. Here's word:
Colin Kaepernick is one of the top free agents in football and a starting-caliber quarterback. The team at EA SPORTS, along with millions of Madden NFL fans, want to see him back in our game. We’ve had a long relationship with Colin through Madden NFL and worked through our past soundtrack mistakes.

Knowing that our EA SPORTS experiences are platforms for players to create, we want to make Madden NFL a place that reflects Colin’s position and talent, rates him as a starting QB, and empowers our fans to express their hopes for the future of football. We’ve worked with Colin to make this possible, and we’re excited to bring it to all of you today.

Starting today in Madden NFL 21, fans can put Colin Kaepernick at the helm of any NFL team in Franchise mode, as well as play with him in Play Now. We look forward to seeing Colin on Madden NFL teams everywhere.
View : : :

Re: Colin Kaepernick Joins Madden NFL 21; Free Weekend Starts Thursday
Sep 9, 2020, 21:03
Re: Colin Kaepernick Joins Madden NFL 21; Free Weekend Starts Thursday Sep 9, 2020, 21:03
Sep 9, 2020, 21:03

Eirikrautha wrote on Sep 9, 2020, 20:30:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Sep 9, 2020, 20:11:
Quinn wrote on Sep 9, 2020, 19:06:
So everyone who doesn't agree with you guys are simply racist now? So pathetic.

No, Quinn, your brain is unable to follow an argument or infer anything that isn't explicitly spelled out for you. Hell, you're too dense to notice a bolded part of a block quote, let alone connect it to longstanding racial stereotypes. If you'd like to see what rebutting a rhetorical antagonist looks like, please examine Eirikrautha's post: he did a bang up job.

Speaking of which, you make a good rebuttal, Eirikrautha. I don't follow football so I can't produce a counter argument other than to say that the impression I got living in the Bay Area in 2012-14 was that Kaepernick was a star quarterback. Seeing the *ahem* racially conservative members of this board proclaim him a terrible player raised a red flag, so I googled "quarterback ranking" to see if he was really that fucking terrible. Turns out that statistics say he wasn't terrible, and ranks along names that non-Football fans still know. But you've pointed out the limitations of those statistics and the downward trend of his career, so I'll concede to someone who knows better than I do.
Thank you. He wasn't terrible, especially his first season, but he became pretty bad. He has 12,000 career yards and 72 touchdowns (which ranks him 167th and 174th all time in the NFL), so he was a middle to lower tier QB, but he was 28-30 W/L as a starter, which is pretty bad, with a lot of those losses in his later seasons. If not for his protests, he wouldn't even be mentioned in football today... which is kind of the point, one suspects...

His last two seasons were bad. He had no one to throw to, but definitely bad regardless.
He still could have had a backup job. There was no interest. He'd have been better than Bortles, and several others. Whether that's due to his asking price is something we'll really only ever know rumors about.

Almost certainly, a mix of declining skill, too high an asking price, and the headaches he brought at the time (which are quaint in retrospect.)
Date
Subject
Author
Sep 9, 2020Sep 9 2020
         Re: Colin Kaepernick Joins Madden NFL 21; Free Weekend Starts Thursday
Sep 10, 2020Sep 10 2020
Sep 10, 2020Sep 10 2020
           removed
Sep 10, 2020Sep 10 2020
Sep 10, 2020Sep 10 2020
Sep 10, 2020Sep 10 2020
Sep 9, 2020Sep 9 2020