Crusader Kings III Released

Paradox Interactive now offers Crusader Kings III, the newest installment in their medieval grand strategy/RPG series. You can find the links to where to pick this up on the Crusader Kings III Website along with the official Release Trailer. Here's the news:
The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased for a suggested retail price of $49.99/ £41.99/ €49.99 on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Crusader Kings III is the newest entry in the fabled grand strategy franchise. Guide a royal house through history, governing land, culture, religion, military operations and more in this game of medieval empire and bloodline management. Scheme from the shadows or march your armies openly to expand your borders. Utilize diplomacy and family, leveraging relationships and influence, to protect your lineage. For if you do not produce a suitable heir, your line - and your game - ends.

Crusader Kings III features:

• A Tale of Lords and Lineage: Every character has their own unique history and personality traits which are reflected in their portraits and the decisions they make. Events and options in the game are largely determined by the type of lord you play as, and the personalities of others must be plied in the right ways to achieve your goals.
  • Wide and Varied Lands: With a map ranging from Europe to Africa, Asia, and the Indian subcontinent, you can assume the role of a noble house from nearly any culture. From the Vikings of Scandinavia to the tribes of Africa and the hordes of the Asian Steppe, this is your medieval sandbox.
  • A Truly Noble Life: Enjoy a rich tapestry of courtly medieval life - court spouses, hire counselors, and raise armies. Entertain wandering guests, cultivate the ideal heir to cement your line, and send your more troublesome offspring off to foster elsewhere. Set spymasters to scheming and pit neighboring houses against one another.
  • Lineage Management: The spawn of your royal union are both the future of your house and a resource for cementing greater power. Use them to forge alliances in far off lands and press claims on sought-after realms, spreading your influence to the corners of the known world.
  • Disputes Solved by the Sword: When diplomacy has run its course take what should be yours by rallying your vassals calling your men-at-arms. Crushing rebellions and laying siege to enemy castles can prove a quick path to honor. But remember that true strategy requires cunning...
  • Statecraft From The Shadows: Sometimes a scheme, the most subtle of diplomacy, is the most effective - a knife in the dark, a secret to be leveraged, a spouse seduced...
  • Saints and Sinners: Set the religious course of your kingdom, whether that be keeping the faith or embracing a heresy to better align with your goals. If all else fails, start your own religion!
  • And More Medieval Menagerie: Holy Orders, crusades, peasant revolts, mercenaries for hire, northern raiders, customizable rule sets and a beautiful new map upon which to wage your campaign!

View : : :
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Crusader Kings III Released
Sep 3, 2020, 07:48
Re: Crusader Kings III Released Sep 3, 2020, 07:48
Sep 3, 2020, 07:48

This r/CrusaderKings subreddit has some funny shit in it, this game can create some interesting scenarios during your journey.

Sep 2, 2020, 10:36
Re: Crusader Kings III Released Sep 2, 2020, 10:36

I disagree that it is like the SIMS, more like Civ 6 on diplomatic steroids. Should be called backstabbers anonymous as it seems that is everyone's goal. It will take some time to get into as it has significant changes from CKII.

Re: Crusader Kings III Released Sep 2, 2020, 10:36

I bought CK2 awhile back, on one of their mega sales... couldn't really ever get into it. Seems like a very complex game, and a little dry for me.

However one of my coop buds utterly loves the Crusader Kings series, he'll probably disappear from the world for a few weeks with CK3. Reviews seem to be pretty amazing for it as well, maybe I'll try CK2 again at some point.

Sep 2, 2020, 09:37
Re: Crusader Kings III Released Sep 2, 2020, 09:37
Sep 2, 2020, 09:37

Sounds interesting. From what little I've seen, armies are represented by a single unit on the map?

Sep 2, 2020, 09:35
Re: Crusader Kings III Released Sep 2, 2020, 09:35
Sep 2, 2020, 09:35

VaranDragon wrote on Sep 2, 2020, 09:12:
Never played this series but heard pretty good things about it. Is it kind of like Civilization?

Nope! More like the sims combined with a visual novel interacting with a strategy layer but 100 times better than that sounds. You play successive heirs, not always connected to their original geographical powerbase. It's medieval times titles to places where you don't speak the language is fine fucking peasants just need to cough up them taxes and levys! It's super awesome. Lots of RNG or bullshit from parts of the planet you were not even thinking about brewing to ruin your day, though "painting the map" can be a goal of yours, it's more of a "Stay alive and try and keep at least my favorite kids also alive".

You might spend a night or two securing ireland but good luck if you took your eyes off england and the monstrous continental force of Normans that are eyeing you off with a snack! It's not always fair but it wouldn't be historical if it was. That said things get ahistorical very quickly depending on who wins wars or dies of syphylis at certain times. Does islam conquer all of europe instead of getting reqonquisted? Do the russians somehow survive the mongols and do the same? Do the vikings create colonies in africa and give it the new world treatment 400 years earlier? All part of the fun!

CK2 was getting creaky after 8 years and a million DLC. This sounds like a good refresh but I better go find out... sleep is for the weak right?

Sep 2, 2020, 09:23
Re: Crusader Kings III Released Sep 2, 2020, 09:23
Sep 2, 2020, 09:23

I did try to get into this series before but I found the learning curve to be a bit steep for my liking.
I will give this a try, but don't have high hopes I will stick with it.
Steam: SpectralMeat

Sep 2, 2020, 09:12
Re: Crusader Kings III Released Sep 2, 2020, 09:12
Sep 2, 2020, 09:12

Never played this series but heard pretty good things about it. Is it kind of like Civilization?

Sep 2, 2020, 06:12
Re: Crusader Kings III Released Sep 2, 2020, 06:12
Sep 2, 2020, 06:12

Played the tutorial last night, much to learn but I'll see if I can overcome the steep curve. Next we speak, I will be King of Ireland!

Sep 2, 2020, 04:29
Re: Crusader Kings III Released Sep 2, 2020, 04:29
Sep 2, 2020, 04:29

Yes! I needed this, cannot afford all the beer required to be drunk enough to handle the wait for Spelunky 2 but this should do in a pinch.
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older