Path of Exile: Heist This Month

The Path of Exile Website is counting down the seconds to the planned release of Path of Exile: Heist, the next expansion for Grinding Gear Games' free-to-play action/RPG. The PC edition will come on September 18th, while the console release is expected five days after that. This features an Official Trailer & Developer Commentary along with details on your chance at a life of crime:
In Path of Exile: Heist, you will hire skilled thieves to help you pull off risky Heists. Steal valuable artifacts to fund and train your crew as you plan towards the execution of a Grand Heist.

Our September expansion contains the Heist challenge league, nine new Skills and Support Gems, revamps of Curses, Steel Skills, and some Spells. Grand Heists offer exclusive new rewards such as Weapon and Body Armour Enchantments, Heist Trinkets, Alternate-quality Gems and Replica Unique Items.
View : : :
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Path of Exile: Heist This Month
Sep 2, 2020, 16:58
Kxmode

Re: Path of Exile: Heist This Month Sep 2, 2020, 16:58
Sep 2, 2020, 16:58
 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 2, 2020, 09:04:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 2, 2020, 01:16:
I used to think EVE Online was complicated. I was wrong.
Interesting comment. I have always gotten the impression EVE is that complicated. I never played despite my interest due to the supposed steep curve and the limited restrictions on PvP.

EVE Online's complexity is somewhat akin to a real-time stock market. Buying low; selling high. In contrast, POE's complexity is about min-maxing stats for higher through-put DPS without breaking your machine (because the Devs don't care if you fry your graphic card; be warned of the video. it's jooosy). Math is the common denominator in both. I feel more comfortable with the stock market side than the min-maxing.
"The present is a veil between anticipation and horror. Lift the veil... and madness may follow." source

Sep 2, 2020, 15:14
Re: Path of Exile: Heist This Month Sep 2, 2020, 15:14
Sep 2, 2020, 15:14

Cram wrote on Sep 2, 2020, 11:53:
*old man shakes fist at cloud*

"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too."

Sep 2, 2020, 11:53
Cram

Re: Path of Exile: Heist This Month Sep 2, 2020, 11:53
Sep 2, 2020, 11:53
 Cram

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 2, 2020, 10:43:
Well, I'm glad the PoE guys are still working on their endless game, and it's cool that people enjoy it, but it really feels like they are just preying upon the whales that support the whole enterprise with in game purchases at this point. I'd love to see a breakdown of where their cash is coming from now, ie. a small percentage of players who spend thousands of dollars each, and much larger percentage of players who spend zero, along with a small chunk who have spent 5-40$ or so. If you look at the PoE forums, most of the posters have tags from a dozen different contribution packages. Addicts pay for long term games like this.

Yeah, but it keeps the game free so let the whales have their fun and GGG make some $$.

Tried to get back into the game the last couple leagues and I last maybe till just finishing the 2nd round in the Labyrinth and absolutely burnout. I'm too worried about screwing up my build, I'm alt-tabbing way to much to use the trade website, research builds, use that build-app (which is fairly impressive to be honest) and watch youtube videos the list goes on and I do not enjoy it. And way too many of these PoE players that post builds and tips use 1000 different abbreviations and terms I do not understand, which they never explain.

*old man shakes fist at cloud*

Sep 2, 2020, 10:43
Re: Path of Exile: Heist This Month Sep 2, 2020, 10:43
Sep 2, 2020, 10:43

Well, I'm glad the PoE guys are still working on their endless game, and it's cool that people enjoy it, but it really feels like they are just preying upon the whales that support the whole enterprise with in game purchases at this point. I'd love to see a breakdown of where their cash is coming from now, ie. a small percentage of players who spend thousands of dollars each, and much larger percentage of players who spend zero, along with a small chunk who have spent 5-40$ or so. If you look at the PoE forums, most of the posters have tags from a dozen different contribution packages. Addicts pay for long term games like this.

Sep 2, 2020, 09:04
Re: Path of Exile: Heist This Month Sep 2, 2020, 09:04
Sep 2, 2020, 09:04

Kxmode wrote on Sep 2, 2020, 01:16:
Interesting comment. I have always gotten the impression EVE is that complicated. I never played despite my interest due to the supposed steep curve and the limited restrictions on PvP.
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Sep 2, 2020, 01:16
Kxmode

Re: Path of Exile: Heist This Month Sep 2, 2020, 01:16
Sep 2, 2020, 01:16
 Kxmode

This comment was edited on Sep 2, 2020, 08:07.
"The present is a veil between anticipation and horror. Lift the veil... and madness may follow." source

Sep 2, 2020, 00:10
Re: Path of Exile: Heist This Month Sep 2, 2020, 00:10
Sep 2, 2020, 00:10

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 1, 2020, 22:44:
At first it really didn't do anything for me but then I watched the ZiggyD video which showcased more of the league and it really changed my mind. It's like Incusion and Betrayal got in to blender with Ocean's Eleven.
*ugh* So complicated. I'm sure the community will love it.
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Sep 1, 2020, 22:44
Re: Path of Exile: Heist This Month Sep 1, 2020, 22:44
Sep 1, 2020, 22:44

At first it really didn't do anything for me but then I watched the ZiggyD video which showcased more of the league and it really changed my mind. It's like Incusion and Betrayal got in to blender with Ocean's Eleven.
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older